Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Fej sports jet

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Fej sports jet

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 06:25 PM
u2fast
My Feedback: (37)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

My futura has never needed a single mod. Nor has my tomahawk hawk. Barry
Old 04-15-2014, 06:33 PM
Damo260

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Look what you started now Phil lol
Old 04-15-2014, 06:33 PM
philjac94

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by u2fast
My futura has never needed a single mod. Nor has my tomahawk hawk. Barry
Bring it to Temora and you just might
Old 04-15-2014, 06:35 PM
philjac94

Originally Posted by Damo260
Look what you started now Phil lol
I know right!! Doh
Old 04-15-2014, 06:44 PM
jetpilot
My Feedback: (48)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by philjac94
Jetpilot- The Futura on my site is not mine, its a club members jet he wants to sell.

I owned the same jet for a few years and aggree with what you say but this jet also required mods to remain serviceable. All retract mounts were modified even though it never had so much as a bounce on landing. Now how many people would get upset IF I called that jet a POS because of that.
I have the same jet for over 5 years with hundreds of flights with zero mods.
Scott
Old 04-15-2014, 09:44 PM
jetpilot

Jetpilot- The Futura on my site is not mine, its a club members jet he wants to sell.

I owned the same jet for a few years and aggree with what you say but this jet also required mods to remain serviceable. All retract mounts were modified even though it never had so much as a bounce on landing. Now how many people would get upset IF I called that jet a POS because of that.
Phil,
Your rebuttal is that you had to fix the landing gear mounts. That's certainly not, flutter, fuse flex, wing folding, stabs flying off, pipe failure and burn to ground, or anything catastrophic. So you certainly couldn't be comparing the two.
If you guys can break a Futura then your in big trouble. The FEJ Sport Jet is doomed. Maybe you guys need disposable jets.
My Futura had been through it all and still looks brand new. Im on my second set of landing gear though.
My Avatar is my Futura flying through trees. Its as tough as it gets and you will never fold the wings even with a P200 wide open.
Scott
Old 04-15-2014, 09:47 PM
husafreak
My Feedback: (3)

Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts

Here's my 2 cents. And about what its worth too. We all know FEJ has designed and sold inferior products. Many of them have turned out to be dangerous and a serious waste of money and time for many unsuspecting modelers. But this thread proves we modelers as a group have no backbone. There will always be another customer ready to take a chance on FEJ. Even informed ones. FEJ and its ilk will never go away, and this is why.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:57 PM
KENTUCKY123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My L39, my MB339 and my Phantom have not had flutter, fuse flex, wing folding, stabs flying off, pipe failure or burnt to the ground either and nothing catastrophic has happened, i am still on the original retract mounts and struts although i have replaced tyres due to normal wear so i dont see why you would say "the FEJ sports jet is doomed" I have 3 FEJ, 3 FB and 3 Skymaster, i fly 3 days a week and alternate between all 9 jets so its not as if i only fly once a month or even once a week, all of my jets get serious work outs and all 9 of them are no better or worse than each other. I dont have the luxury of a sealed strip, i fly of grass only and not always the smoothest either.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:09 PM
jetpilot

Originally Posted by KENTUCKY123
My L39, my MB339 and my Phantom have not had flutter, fuse flex, wing folding, stabs flying off, pipe failure or burnt to the ground either and nothing catastrophic has happened, i am still on the original retract mounts and struts although i have replaced tyres due to normal wear so i dont see why you would say "the FEJ sports jet is doomed" I have 3 FEJ, 3 FB and 3 Skymaster, i fly 3 days a week and alternate between all 9 jets so its not as if i only fly once a month or even once a week, all of my jets get serious work outs and all 9 of them are no better or worse than each other. I dont have the luxury of a sealed strip, i fly of grass only and not always the smoothest either.
you mentioned they are low time, but are any of them honeycomb?
scott
Old 04-15-2014, 10:13 PM
jetpilot

so If your three jets with 7, 30, 70 flights are good, then they are all good? Don't worry about all those other guys who crashed?
Old 04-15-2014, 10:27 PM
KENTUCKY123

You have just stated the flight times yourself and i only stated that i have had no problems with my FEJ, not that all are good but you have stated that because a few have crashed, all are bad so who is exaggerating here, you or me.
You have stated that the sport jet is doomed, i have said, give it and the guy building it a chance and then we will all know.
I am not biased or predjudice against any one company, i am not saying that FEJ is the best, you are saying it is the worst, i am just stating what i know to be facts, what are you saying?
My Phantom is the only jet with low flight times and the 7 flights were made in 1 week so it is yet to be totally proven but after 7 hard and fast flights, it shows no sign of any problems, time will tell i guess.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:29 PM
philjac94

Originally Posted by jetpilot
Phil,
Your rebuttal is that you had to fix the landing gear mounts. That's certainly not, flutter, fuse flex, wing folding, stabs flying off, pipe failure and burn to ground, or anything catastrophic. So you certainly couldn't be comparing the two.
If you guys can break a Futura then your in big trouble. The FEJ Sport Jet is doomed. Maybe you guys need disposable jets.
My Futura had been through it all and still looks brand new. Im on my second set of landing gear though.
My Avatar is my Futura flying through trees. Its as tough as it gets and you will never fold the wings even with a P200 wide open.
Scott
Scott
Do you mean to cause trouble? Because your bloody good at it.
The only comparison I made re: Futura is sometimes even the very best jets need mods to stay serviceable. Its not a wonder this thread is making so many people wonder in amazement.
Not that your going to read this without twisting it into another tangent. But my futura after 6 months of grass flying and 3 days Bitumen/Aggregate flying in Temora, left the nose mount fatigued, and needed strengthening. The point was that every jet goes through mods or rework eventually.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:06 PM
dubd

Scott
Do you mean to cause trouble? Because your bloody good at it.
The only comparison I made re: Futura is sometimes even the very best jets need mods to stay serviceable. Its not a wonder this thread is making so many people wonder in amazement.
Not that your going to read this without twisting it into another tangent. But my futura after 6 months of grass flying and 3 days Bitumen/Aggregate flying in Temora, left the nose mount fatigued, and needed strengthening. The point was that every jet goes through mods or rework eventually.
There is a significant difference between a Futura needing maintenance from grass operation and a FEJ plane blowing up because an air molecule grazed a control surface.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:31 PM
KENTUCKY123

Hey Paul, well said, i think i have been saying something similar, A lot of guys have lost jets for various reason and we can understand them being Pi***d off as you said.
I for one only blame myself when something goes wrong and lets face it, anything can and sometimes will go wrong. A few guys have lost FEJ models so they are saying all FEJ models are bad, I have not lost an
FEJ jet so i am saying, mine are fine, so far, I am not saying all FEJ are good, anybody can buy a lemon, I bought a $150,000 car and it was a lemon, the car manufacturer and supplier have a reputation to uphold so they replaced the car and covered all costs, now having said that, i dont think they would have made public that they sold a lemon so nobody knows how many lemons they may have sold, there is no forum for buyers to air their grievances unlike here.
A few people have lost FEJ jets, there is no disputing that but from what i read here, FEJ have replaced some of them and asked the person not to make it public, that may appear to be good public relations as they attempt to improve their product, i say give them a chance and all Philjac94 is saying, he is going to build a sport jet and write a build thread as he progresses and give us a flying report when its finished and some people have come on here and not only rubbished FEJ but rubbished Philljac94 as well which is a personal attack on a fellow modeler, i for one am not impressed with a personal attack. I have said a few things on here which may be construed as a personal attack but i was generalising and not picking on 1 person in particular, anyway, tale that as you may. I still say, give him a go and lets read the progress reports.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:40 PM
dubd

Had Phil left out the FEJ cheerleading there wouldn't have been as much push back from folks. As much as some of you are tired of the FEJ naysayers, many more of us are tired of people putting lipstick on the FEJ pig at the expense of a new modeler losing their hard earned cash because of threads like this. Keep it real or keep it moving.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:53 PM
philjac94

Originally Posted by dubd
Had Phil left out the FEJ cheerleading there wouldn't have been as much push back from folks. As much as some of you are tired of the FEJ naysayers, many more of us are tired of people putting lipstick on the FEJ pig at the expense of a new modeler losing their hard earned cash because of threads like this. Keep it real or keep it moving.
Oh so me telling the readers of this thread how the purchase of my jet was easy and professional was cheerleading, was it?
The big problem was you and your mates assumed that I was a FEJ associate from the start. Countless times I, and others have said it will be built and reveiwed as is.
What part of that is so hard to understand? Just because you do not want to hear or read about it doesnt give you the right to tell me or anyyone else here what to do.
I suggested earlier, go start your own thread and whinge all you like, do us a favor.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:56 PM
KENTUCKY123

Keep it real? what do you want? he is saying it as he saw it, you can call that cheerleading if you like, i call it reporting the facts. I dont think he is putting lipstick on the pig as you call it.
he has stated several times that he has no affiliation with FEJ, he is just impressed with the service HE received and the overall look of the model.
But i do agree with you to a point, if he had kept his mouth shut, none of the bs that has passed back and forth here would ever have happened, i think some people just like to see themselves in print.
Anway i for one have had enough, i am going out now to fly my beautiful FEJ Phantom, i love this plane, i have always been a fan of the Phantom and i have had a FB and a SM in the past. both of which flew very well but the FEJ is bigger
and i have powered it with 2 x JM 140's and it goes like a rocket, i am going to wring it out this time and see if i can rip off the wings or the stabs, full report to follow tomorrow.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:49 AM
philjac94

@Kentucky123 just when you think your doing the right thing!! You know that thing, that forums are supposed to promote?
Old 04-16-2014, 01:01 AM
KENTUCKY123

Yeah, you obviously thought you were doing the right thing by writing it up to help anybody that mite be considering the same purchase but in hind sight, you would have been better to say nothing and leave all the f*** wits under their rocks.
But you know the old saying, you cant please all of the people all of the time. anyway every body is entitled to their own opinion as you are so keep at it, there are a lot of people that will be interested in reading the results.
I am sure your results will be of interest even to the FEJ haters, they are all waiting for it to fail and i am sure you wont let that happen so maybe you will convert a few haha, i will be following with interest.
Old 04-16-2014, 03:36 AM
molo_30

Originally Posted by FenderBean
Molo I was looking at the pictures you posted, the one of the jet right before impact looks like the aileron servo is pulled out of the wing?
Yes fenderbean, the pics don't do it justice. The fuselage actually snapped just behind the wing (as you can see the fold line from the stress in one of the photos) They believe by that stage of events the rear part of the broken fuse had broken the aileron off and in turn ripped the servo out.
Old 04-16-2014, 03:44 AM
willig10

Can I ask a serious question? First of all, I am ok with the build thread. After all this is what this site is for among other things. My question is simply this. If and when the build is complete and you ultimately fly the aircraft. If for some reason it has an event i.e. flutter crash etc. What will be your mindset then? Not trying to troll or start anything but just am curious.

Glenn
Old 04-16-2014, 04:25 AM
basimpsn
My Feedback: (5)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I really think Philjac94 (ARGUE) too much and no building....................BUILD THE D#MN JET AND FLY IT PLZ ... 7 PAGE AND NO GLUE ?... WE ALL KNOW FEJ HAVE PROBLEMS..BUT WE DON'T KNOW ABOUT THE (FEJ SPORT JET) so get to work and stop teasin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGeKSiCQkPw
Old 04-16-2014, 04:32 AM
KENTUCKY123

I totally agree and i love the video, about time we had some humour here and a good laugh hahaha.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:52 AM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Paul, well said, i think i have been saying something similar, A lot of guys have lost jets for various reason and we can understand them being Pi***d off as you said.
They're not pissed, they are informing the general public as to the hazards of the design and construction of an FEJ jet so that others can make their own decisions.

I for one only blame myself when something goes wrong and lets face it, anything can and sometimes will go wrong.
When the stabs fly off, or the wing snaps off during flight, Is that REALLY your fault? I would say, it was your fault for buying an FEJ jet. But the real fault is the design/construction.

A few guys have lost FEJ models so they are saying all FEJ models are bad, I have not lost an FEJ jet so i am saying, mine are fine, so far.
A few guys lost their FEJ jets??? It is MANY. Plus, FEJ continues to make no attempt to correct their design problems, the quality, their customer service, test their designs before selling them, as well as a dozen more issues they have.

I am not saying all FEJ are good, anybody can buy a lemon, I bought a $150,000 car and it was a lemon, the car manufacturer and supplier have a reputation to uphold so they replaced the car and covered all costs, now having said that, i dont think they would have made public that they sold a lemon so nobody knows how many lemons they may have sold, there is no forum for buyers to air their grievances unlike here.
FEJ cranks out lemon after lemon without attempting to correct their designs.

A few people have lost FEJ jets, there is no disputing that but from what i read here, FEJ have replaced some of them and asked the person not to make it public, that may appear to be good public relations as they attempt to improve their product.
Once again, MANY people have lost an FEJ jet due to the stabs & other defects. FEJ has only replaced one jet ... maybe two that we know of. But those guys were "favored customers (victims) who had connections within FEJ. But even those guys had to fight an up-hill battle. FEJ has ignored all their other customers, and continues to do so.

I say give them a chance.
FEJ has had many chances by people like Phil. Read all the threads from the poor guys who tried in vain. Face it, FEJ is not listening, nor do they care.

and all Philjac94 is saying, he is going to build a sport jet and write a build thread as he progresses and give us a flying report when its finished and some people have come on here and not only rubbished FEJ but rubbished Philljac94 as well which is a personal attack on a fellow modeler.
While Phill can write about his build, it is also fair for others to bring opposing views & their experiences so that a fair assessment can be made by someone who may be considering a purchase from FEJ, or the purchase of a used FEJ. Otherwise, this thread would be a complete misrepresentation of FEJ.

i for one am not impressed with a personal attack. I have said a few things on here which may be construed as a personal attack but i was generalising and not picking on 1 person in particular, anyway, tale that as you may. I still say, give him a go and lets read the progress reports.
I agree that personal attacks need to be avoided. I don't see many of them as personal attacks as much as I see them as different opinions.
It is not normal for someone buying a jet to have to completely rebuild thier brand new jet to make it airworthy. When these jets are missing glue in critical points, or the joints do not line-up or fit together, that is unacceptable. Would you continue to buy a jet or a plane from someone in your club who builds this way? Worse than that, pay him thousands of dollars for it?
Old 04-16-2014, 05:17 AM
philjac94

Originally Posted by willig10
Can I ask a serious question? First of all, I am ok with the build thread. After all this is what this site is for among other things. My question is simply this. If and when the build is complete and you ultimately fly the aircraft. If for some reason it has an event i.e. flutter crash etc. What will be your mindset then? Not trying to troll or start anything but just am curious.

Glenn
HiGlenn
Im happy to answer, I wont be happy about it all. How could I be? But I am also aware that the chips are stacked against all aircraft every flight, especially jets, and I will do everything I can, to minimise this risk of failure.

I am also aware that this failure can happen with just about every part bolted into the airframe also, its not just the airframe that can cause serious flutter, to use your example.
If my airframe was somehow guaranteed to be 100% flight worthy, then I choose to fit an underated servo, linkages, servo-leads, batteries and my aircraft crashes from flutter, who is to blame? No body but myself.
Now before someone jumps on me again, Im not saying that this was the case with any of the lost FEJ's of the past, its just an example.

If I am made aware of structural problems or an element of doubt is planted in my head and choose not to do anything about it, who is to blame should it crash? the answer would also be me.

The guy on youtube who loaded up his F14 with 60kgs of weight, why did he do that? Because he was suspect and it paid off for him. He gets to keep all his components, make the decision to get new wings and try again or to scrap the project. I have the same option, but so far, nothing has given me the indication I should quit other than some people on this forum with best intensions in saving me of the certain peril, that they guarantee is to come. (Tongue in cheek)

Here is a question you should ask the mob, If a guy turns up with a model and there was nothing wrong with, but you put it into the his head that he was in for certain doom, which makes him so nervous that he crashes his plane, what would be your mindset? (No reference to me here, Im obviously too thick to comprehend doom to let this make me nervous )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.