Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Kingtech presents the all new T1 sports jet

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Kingtech presents the all new T1 sports jet

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 01:15 AM
ledd4u
My Feedback: (23)

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Digital Pilot
Everyone pays full price. The price is so reasonable they don't give a discount. The T-one factory is shipping product to customers all the time, not impossible to get one at all. If you really want one give Dirk a call and get you one ordered. Well worth the wait and you will really enjoy the performance of the T-1
i did email him quick response but I am afraid to pay and wait 8 weeks. That's lots of coin out hanging.
Old 01-31-2018, 01:34 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by ledd4u
i did email him quick response but I am afraid to pay and wait 8 weeks. That's lots of coin out hanging.
I have a T-1 already builded and a mini T-1 shipped to me last week, not sure what you would be afraid off....pretty much a standard practice with jet, they have way too many schemes to have stock.....and then there's the custom scheme that, if you dream it the factory will do it......my mini is one of those....
Old 01-31-2018, 03:59 AM
clavin
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man I can tell you from personal experience that Dirk (and Barry) are two men with integrity... You will not find better customer service/support from an importer(Pacific RC Jets). Your money is safe! I waited 15 weeks fro my T1( was part of the second wave of planes and I am hearing the approx wait now is 7-9 weeks), and about 12 for my T3(An extremely custom paint job then was beat up by the Christmas shipping issues with EMS) and i have to tell you the thought of being taken or my money not safe NEVER crossed my mind (and I am a naturally UNTRUSTING person)

Place the order you will be more than happy with what you get for the money!!!!
Old 01-31-2018, 05:10 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

I waited 14 weeks for my custom one of......still waiting it’s on the way...because not only you get good service, but the boss in China wasn’t happy with the first paint job they had done, so he scrap that plane/parts and build another one....not many places have this type of attitude....

Normally you get that’s good enough QA....and they ship hopping you don’t complain too much....
Old 01-31-2018, 07:58 AM
ledd4u

It’s either the T-1 or the Predator. Have not decided yet. Hoping I can see one before I purchase. Thanks for all the advise.
Old 01-31-2018, 09:06 AM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

It’s either the T-1 or the Predator. Have not decided yet. Hoping I can see one before I purchase. Thanks for all the advise.
The Predator is a little bigger than the T-One, and your after sale service will be much better with the T-One. You can also buy Savox servo packages and wiring harnesses to make assembly a breeze for the T-One.

The wait time is about the same on either one. The T-One will be drop shipped from the factory to your home, and is a surprisingly smooth process.
Old 01-31-2018, 06:19 PM
ledd4u

need to make choice

Last edited by ledd4u; 01-31-2018 at 07:26 PM.
Old 01-31-2018, 08:12 PM
737Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ledd4u:

Do yourself a favor and chose the T1. You really won't be disappointed. The fit and finish are top notch, the paint scheme that you chose will be something beyond belief. The paint job alone would run somewhere in the neighborhood of $1,000 at least. The build is more of an assembly. I got mine a week ago, and with a few hours here and there, I'm almost finished. There is tons of room to work inside the fuselage, and room for lot's of goodies to put in it. I read a few posts back that you wouldn't want to part with money and see nothing for 3+ months, but rest assured that all of us who ordered our T1, got what we paid for. Dirk has been there every step of the way, including waiting for his T3. He's been there for every phone call, not that I call a lot, but during assy, and question I've had, there is someone there to answer the phone. HUGE bonus points for customer service. My purple Monster Energy paint is outta control, I can't wait to get it in the air. Hope this helps!!!

Tom
Old 02-05-2018, 03:06 PM
paulsrc
My Feedback: (124)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just finished the build on my T one and feel i was obligated to post on thread. Every thing i have read on here about this has been very accurate when it came to the quality and support from dirk. I ordered mine mid October and received in 12 weeks not bad as i have waited up to 9 months from other manufactures for an air frame. with that being said when received it was packed very nicely with no shipping damage.Upon unpacking and doing a quick dry fit of fuse wings stabs and rudder i immediately noticed my wing tube was very loose with alot of play in it . Instead of calling right away i made note of it and took pics and started my build.I started with wings installing servos and gear as it seemed easiest so i can plan a radio install as i did the boring task of servos and linkages as far as linkages pretty straight forward except which rods went to what surface took two evenings to do all including nose steering and and gear over the next week i worked away at it referring to this thread for guidance as i opted for the tams pipe as i went on the bigger end of spectrum for power a jet central cheetha that i took full advantage of black Friday sales for as i waited for my T one to arrive this thread was invaluable to me as im bit of perfectionist and wanted a close to perfect build i also bought the extension package which is of very high quality and made for super clean and easy install . now that the radio system and air lines were all done and time to do first power up i reassembled the jet this time for first time to tighten the screws that hold the wings stabs and rudder in place all the underneath ones for wings were well centered and were of no issue. how ever the ones for rudder a bit missalighned and by the time they were screwed in and secured the angle had become enough that it had shifted the guides and cracked the paint on both for rudder s__t now for the elevators one had a gob of paint that would not allow the suppllied the 3\32 ball wrench in so i carerfully tried to drill out eyelet came off another paint chip second elevator eyelet came off as i inserted wrench 2 for 2 any way again just noted it and when inspected no hysol or very little. now for the power everything worked as should except the brakes when applied they just dumped the air . i took the wheels off and could not see a reason for them not to work so i reassmbled and to no avail they still dumped the air and leaked past. my next bright idea was to hit them with volume of air from compressor in garage success it worked the brakes were now working however after disassembly of wing and reassemble a few days later i incured same problem so again noted and now the jet was at time finished and time to call and see what can be done with the 3 issues i had i called dirk left message and the next day he called i explained what issues i had and he was very concerned especially with wing tube fit first reaction send me new one right away. i explained that it fit the wings snug and that the issue was with the fuseloge so he asked for pics and video as far as brakes was told to try bvm lube and that maybe the severe cold may have affected seals as im in jersey and makes sense even though i had heat on in garage when i worked on jet i had not left on for long enough for everything to aclamate would only turn on and off as i worked on it few hrs in evenings.as far as the eyelets it was explained that not much can be done as the paint used is not allowed in the states bit disappointing but acceptable as im painter by trade and know orange is not just orange and it will be a process to match any way i ordered the lube and pulled wheels apart and cleaned and applied lube same problem so this time i just texted dirk the results after a few days i did not hear from him and began to stew well wouldnt ya know 1 am eastern time i receive text from dirk on my way to china and headed to factory to show them your video of wing tube as that was the real concern i went to sleep happy as i was not forgotten about. super bowl sunday during game i received a text from dirk down load wechat so i can call you from china he also walked me through the wechat thing as im idiot with phone tec minutes later we were talking and it was explained to me that he has never had this isuue with the wing tube which is of course believable as i see no mention in thread about it so he asked do i think im capable of removing the existing ply rings and fiberglass insert in jet and i of course said yes as im competent builder and then he assured me that he is bringing back a new set of ply rings and sleeves that he himself checked the fitment and when he gets back from china will send to me along with new brake seals im posting this because i want everyone with doubts about customer service and quality to dispell any of that at one point i was fustrated and i should have just been a bit more patient as we sometimes forget we are not the only customer esspecially with a company with only from what i understand is only 2 guys who are doing an amazing job at bringing us in my opinion a jet that is very impressive for the cost ive owned many sport jets including ultra flash and ultra lightning and and very proud to bring this to the flight line this season when i have time i will post pics of my build that came out amazing thanks to this thread and the guys who contributed to it especially for me the tams pipe install ring and the fuel tank tabs as i elaborated on it and used a full piece of carbon fiber under tank and all the other little things that made my build a pleasure including working with dirk on a solution to the wing tube fix if you have been hesitating on buying a T one dont just order it and get it over with 12 weeks is not long at all to wait gives ya time to gather your parts take advantage of sales and plan your perfect build i have never been so impressed with customer service from ordering receiveng and working on a solution to a problem incase you missed it i was called by dirk himself from china during the super bowl with resolve i told him you could have waited till monday he said no this is how we do things. 2 thumbs up for dirk and barry and for the T one mt next project will be the t3 as i started selling off some giant scale i dont fly anymore to fund it hats off to all that contributed to the thread thank you
Old 02-05-2018, 03:51 PM
ledd4u

That’s what I am afraid of. Passing on the T-1 getting the predator at Florida Jets. Where I can see it before buying.
Old 02-05-2018, 06:01 PM
paulsrc
My Feedback: (124)

I hope and my intent for my post was not to sway anyones decision from buying a T one. In fact quite the opposite, I am certain that if i wanted a new fuse i would have got one
It was soley my decision and resposibility when i moved forward with build knowing that my wing tube insert was loose. i could have at that point made a call to Dirk and surely arranged
to send back for a new one. but being a confident builder knew there would be a fix and i moved forward, If i had to over again i wouldnt change a thing the T one quality is amazing paint is stunning and a ton of support behind it which in my opinion for me is number 1 factor when making a purchase such as a jet. Like i said it was explained to me my T one was first one to have this problem and one thing i left out of my post was that me and a friend made the jump into the T one together ordered them 1 day apart we received same day and his wing tube is fine. It is certainly understandable that mistakes are made its how its dealt with that makes the best stand out above all others
Old 02-05-2018, 08:29 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

That’s what I am afraid of. Passing on the T-1 getting the predator at Florida Jets. Where I can see it before buying.
A one in a couple hundred is hardly a reason to pass on an airplane for something that is new and untried except for at the factory

Last edited by Desertlakesflying; 02-05-2018 at 08:31 PM.
Old 02-05-2018, 09:05 PM
clavin
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a T1 and a predator.... 2 different planes all together... predator is a HANDFUL... t1 a walk in the park... BOTH companies give great customer service...I know Dirk significantly better than Tony.. and +1 on the customer service on his part....Dirk and Barry are a cut above for sure... I have an ATJ 220 With thrust vectoring in mine.... the predator I mean... I will be selling it at Florida jets....
Old 02-05-2018, 09:23 PM
In the Haze

Bit of aluminium tape around the tube where it fits in the fuselage works great.
Old 02-05-2018, 09:36 PM
Digital Pilot

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ledd4u,

Although PRCJ strives for perfection and has some of the best quality ARF's on the market I can assure you that NO ARF jet will be perfect from small defects and such from any manufacturer. Even the well known major ones that have been in the game since the beginning have small problems here and there. Yes i'm a little bias here but I have built well over a few hundred jets in my time including 5 T-1's, 2 T-3's and assisted in a few 1.7 minis. The overall construction, fit and finish have always been superior over many other ARF jets I have owned and built. I'm not sure how far you are from some of the other T-one owners in Florida but I would encourage you to maybe reach out to one of them and see one for yourself. They are truly a wonderful airplane and fly like there on rails and you cant beat the customer service!
I'm not familiar with the predator or even who builds the kit, it might be a great airplane but i would not knock out the T-1 due to issues that one gentleman had. I would guess that this is one in 300+ that have been sold with this type of issue and if this gentleman said "I Want a Replacement" over fixing himself it would have been done swiftly. Have you looked at the main T-1, Mini and T-3 threads? Lots of good build pics and info in those threads as well.

Of course the final deal here is the end user (You) Do what makes you the most conformable and happy, this is our hobby and its a great one as long as you enjoy it. Again I'd try to check out a T-1 before you scratch it off your list.

Just my 2 cents

Happy flying!!!!

Last edited by Digital Pilot; 02-06-2018 at 06:52 AM.
Old 02-06-2018, 06:40 PM
Viper1GJ
My Feedback: (20)

Received 330 Likes on 217 Posts

Are there any physical mods that have to be done to fit in the K-210 size turbine. I am interested in the T-1 for its smaller size but only have the larger turbines and don't want to buy another one. Also will the current stock pipe take the thrust of the K-210? I would derate the K-210 thrust if used. Thanks.
Old 02-07-2018, 03:19 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

I flew my t1 for a few flights on a k210. Was at an airshow for a demo and temp probe failed on the 140. So i took the 210 out of my f15 and stuck it in the t1 for a demo. It's not recomended..... way over powered. I think it lifted off in about 7 or 8 feet. Also the residue thrust made it very hard to slow for landing. I was shutting it down to land. If you are using an older engine like the k140 that has less power but big can size it's fine.

I was using the stock v2 pipe. It took it fine. Think the new pipes are even better now.

for fit you just need to dremel out part of a former behind the engine rails. No big deal. I'm using an original k140 so it's the same can size as a 210.
Old 02-07-2018, 04:01 AM
ledd4u

Originally Posted by clavin
I have a T1 and a predator.... 2 different planes all together... predator is a HANDFUL... t1 a walk in the park... BOTH companies give great customer service...I know Dirk significantly better than Tony.. and +1 on the customer service on his part....Dirk and Barry are a cut above for sure... I have an ATJ 220 With thrust vectoring in mine.... the predator I mean... I will be selling it at Florida jets....
Wow, well that’s the last thing I want a handful when flying. I guess I will be searching for both. Thanks for the advice.
Old 02-07-2018, 04:07 AM
gunradd

Wow, well that’s the last thing I want a handful when flying. I guess I will be searching for both. Thanks for the advice.
I will be at FLjets in the kingtech/ pacificRCjet tent. Find me and I can show you the original prototype and how its still going strong. If its not to busy I can even buddy box you so you can see what a great flying plane it is.

Keep in mind NONE of these planes are painted in the mold... They are all hand painted. most companies paint in the mold and only have a few paint schemes to pick from. For this reason they can have stock since thier is only a few paint schemes to pick from. That is why no one stocks them because everyone wants different paint schemes.
Old 02-07-2018, 04:15 AM
ledd4u

Originally Posted by gunradd
I will be at FLjets in the kingtech/ pacificRCjet tent. Find me and I can show you the original prototype and how its still going strong. If its not to busy I can even buddy box you so you can see what a great flying plane it is.

Keep in mind NONE of these planes are painted in the mold... They are all hand painted. most companies paint in the mold and only have a few paint schemes to pick from. For this reason they can have stock since thier is only a few paint schemes to pick from. That is why no one stocks them because everyone wants different paint schemes.
I was planing on buying a jet there. I called Tiano and asked him about the vendors. He had not a full list and at the time you folks were not mentioned. Chief was and they sell the Predator. This is great news since personally I will be going home with one. Definitely will be speaking with you!!!!
Old 02-07-2018, 04:26 AM
gunradd

I was planing on buying a jet there. I called Tiano and asked him about the vendors. He had not a full list and at the time you folks were not mentioned. Chief was and they sell the Predator. This is great news since personally I will be going home with one. Definitely will be speaking with you!!!!
Yes Barry and I go to fly and show off the planes. We do not do a vendor tent. Its too much for just the two of us along with all the planes.

I am building a T3 for a friend. He has a T1 and might part with it. I can ask him if you want me too. I built it for him and it only has 3 flights on it maiden then 2 more same day. Flies fantastic. Its the red and white and black scheme.
Old 02-07-2018, 04:34 AM
ledd4u

That’s the scheme I actually like! One with checkers scheme? Sure no problem.

Last edited by ledd4u; 02-07-2018 at 04:37 AM.
Old 02-13-2018, 10:56 AM
Tip22v

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

I have experience with both PCRC(T-1, T-1 Mini) and Pilot RC (Dolphin Jet) and comparing service I would say that Dirk and Barry are top notch, they have always been responsive when I've had a question or concern. The T-1 and T-1 mini that I have are both extremely well made, especially for the price. I have 25+ flights on my T-1 and I have to agree with others here that it is a breeze to fly. I have not yet maidened (just waiting on decent weather) my T-1 mini so I cannot yet speak to it's flight characteristics. The Dolphin Jet from PilotRC was Pilot's first attempt at a jet and it showed. I flew it for a couple of years and did not realize how painful it was until I got my T-1 (have not flown the Dolphin since and don't ever plan to again). Tony from PilotRC did not have terrible service, but it was no where near the level of service of Dirk and Barry. I don't know anything about PilotRC's new Predator, looks like a significant upgrade from the Dolphin Jet. Good luck with your decision, at the end of the day I cannot imagine that you will be disappointed regardless of your choice.
Old 02-13-2018, 11:20 AM
Helijet

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Same experience as Tip22v. I still have a Pilot RC Dolphin. Service and communication with Pilot was non existent....Dirk always is and has been very communicative.
The T1 I have is in a totally different league. Love the way it flys.
The Dolphin flys O.K. but not anywhere as agile or forgiving as the T1.
Doubt that I would fly the Dolphin again either.....

Dean W.
Old 02-13-2018, 02:31 PM
ledd4u

Can’t argue with the facts. I really appreciate the honesty shown and pride of ownership. 98% made on choice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.