Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

** Digitech Central Telemetric Unit for Jeti **

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

** Digitech Central Telemetric Unit for Jeti **

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2018, 10:53 AM
bRandom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help please CTU frames/crc error

hello I'm trying to Maiden in aviation design diamond and I am getting a rapidly climbing number in the frames / CRC column in the device explorer/ctu/ctu settings/sysrltem status.... frames/crc error rx.
The number in the left column to the right side climbs at about 200 per second so it's well in the tens of thousands within a couple minutes.
Is this an issue because I want to make sure I'm not getting a bad receiver Connection in my central box 400
Thanks,
Brandon
Old 10-08-2018, 10:56 AM
Carsten Groen

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by bRandom

hello I'm trying to Maiden in aviation design diamond and I am getting a rapidly climbing number in the frames / CRC column in the device explorer/ctu/ctu settings/sysrltem status.... frames/crc error rx.
The number in the left column to the right side climbs at about 200 per second so it's well in the tens of thousands within a couple minutes.
Is this an issue because I want to make sure I'm not getting a bad receiver Connection in my central box 400
Thanks,
Brandon
Brandon,
no worries
I had hoped the text I write on the screen was bullet-proof, but I guess its not.
The "Frames / CRC Error RX" should be read so that the left number is "Frames" and the right number is "Error". In your case it is perfect, you have 4340 perfect frames and 0 CRC errors
Old 10-08-2018, 11:12 AM
bRandom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Woohoo thanks for the quick reply awesome customer support!!!
Old 10-08-2018, 11:16 AM
Carsten Groen

Originally Posted by bRandom
Woohoo thanks for the quick reply awesome customer support!!!
Your welcome Brandon,
we try to do our best Good luck with the plane (and CTU!)
Old 10-12-2018, 02:40 PM
ww2birds
My Feedback: (14)

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

One additional fuel factor data point: JetCat P300 RX (internal valves, external pump) , v10 ECU. Fuel Factor 0.80

Dave
Old 10-12-2018, 08:28 PM
digitech
My Feedback: (10)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Intetesting since the P200 has about 1.18.
so you see even their own internal calculation is off.
thanks for sharing
Old 10-14-2018, 05:05 PM
ww2birds

I have two P200s, so will eventually see what I get for them. The pump for the P300 is MUCH larger (e.g. about 2x the physical size) than the one on the P200 so perhaps not surprising the factor is different....
Old 10-14-2018, 06:27 PM
digitech

Originally Posted by ww2birds
I have two P200s, so will eventually see what I get for them. The pump for the P300 is MUCH larger (e.g. about 2x the physical size) than the one on the P200 so perhaps not surprising the factor is different....
let me explain
on jetcat we use jetcats own calculation method.
so when factor is 1.0 its using jetcat method.
when factor is 0.8 the ctu is taking 0.2 of as a correction.
my p200 has 1.18 so also a corection.
Old 10-15-2018, 06:50 PM
ww2birds

Ah, I see. Perfectly sensible.

But now I have to make a confession... I did the calibration run twice but did not take the throttle much past half since I did not have 3 people to hold down the airplane .. I was doing it by myself.

For my purposes, this should be fine since I only rarely go above 1/2 throttle anyway. I presume that since our kero "entrains" a fair amount of air, it is somewhat compressible unlike water. Assuming JC's method does a time integral of pump voltage, perhaps there is some non-linearity in voltage vs. actual flow, and exercising over the entire throttle range might give a slightly different result. Being off by 20ish percent is a bit much though...

Did you guys note this sort of variation in any of the work you have done on the CTU with other engines? Do you have any sort of correction vs. linear flow proportional to pump voltage when you do the calculation?

I used your method from the user manual with a large overflow tank plugged into the vent line, the tank sitting on a digital scale.

After a few more flights, I'll confirm the calibration factor by emptying the tank after a flight or two and measure the remainder.

Dave

Dave
Old 10-15-2018, 10:27 PM
Carsten Groen

Originally Posted by ww2birds
Ah, I see. Perfectly sensible.

But now I have to make a confession... I did the calibration run twice but did not take the throttle much past half since I did not have 3 people to hold down the airplane .. I was doing it by myself.

For my purposes, this should be fine since I only rarely go above 1/2 throttle anyway. I presume that since our kero "entrains" a fair amount of air, it is somewhat compressible unlike water. Assuming JC's method does a time integral of pump voltage, perhaps there is some non-linearity in voltage vs. actual flow, and exercising over the entire throttle range might give a slightly different result. Being off by 20ish percent is a bit much though...

Did you guys note this sort of variation in any of the work you have done on the CTU with other engines? Do you have any sort of correction vs. linear flow proportional to pump voltage when you do the calculation?

I used your method from the user manual with a large overflow tank plugged into the vent line, the tank sitting on a digital scale.

After a few more flights, I'll confirm the calibration factor by emptying the tank after a flight or two and measure the remainder.

Dave

Dave
Dave,
Sandor did many of the fuel tests but I don't think he did see much fluctuation if any!
Regarding the jetcats, you can actually adjust the fuelflow calculation in those, but it requires contact with the factory while doing so, you need to go into some secret menu in order to do it (idle pump voltage and full throttle pump voltage).
My feeling with at least the jetcat way of calculating is pretty consistent and linear over the throttle range, I know that on other engine brands the CTU is very close regardless of throttle
Old 10-16-2018, 09:00 AM
digitech

we logged now a lot of hours wit a lot of different turbines.
ranging from Evojet , kingtech and jetcat..
i tell you one thing , nothing prepared me for the "easy going" and relaxing it is to know how much fuel you have left..
i ordered a new fueltank for my Rebel pro wich was 6.5 liters... i fly for about 8 minutes.
returning with 3,5 liters left...
so i reset my CTU to count from 4 liters down , filled the plane with about 2.2 kilos less weight to 4 liters and WHAT a difference!.
total different plane to fly , and its really relaxing to know the CTU keeps a eye out on your fuel and status..

that said you can see that jetcat own fuel calculation is not all to correct and that was to be expected..
since no model is the same , no pump is the same , no fuel system and piping is the same..
that is why the fuel factor correction works perfect for us..
i strongly recommend everyone before you build your model..
WEIGH your tank and draw lines with 0.5 liter markings , this way setting the fuel correction is a breeze!
Old 10-16-2018, 10:35 AM
mr_matt

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I agree 100%, fuel state and flameout alarm are the only telemetry I need.

As for JetCat, for me, the stock algorithm has read about 12-18% low, on a old frankenstein P-180 (204N thrust). THat fact, combined with the lack of ability to reset the counter when pulling the taxi tank makes it tricky to figure out the right bingo number for each takeoff. But at least I have the minimum.

I need to try one of these gizmos on a version 10 JetCat ECU
Old 10-18-2018, 09:24 AM
digitech

Sneak Preview of the New overhaul and upgrade coming next week.
Daniel has made a New Lua for Twin engine , (works also for single engine).
Sneak preview :

Engines added :
AMT all
Swiwin ALL V3 BLS (WARNING! upgrade your Swiwin turbine to the latest versions!)
Kingtech G3 (newer single lead versions)
Old 10-19-2018, 06:00 AM
digitech

New Update available .

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ndb08d0vz...date.zip?raw=1

New : Update CTU Firmware from 0.90 to 0.91
Added :
Swiwin NOTE! Swiwin users : upgrade your Swiwin version to the latest one , contact your Supplier!tested on V3 Hardware (BLS versions)
AMT (lua)
Kingtech G3 (single Lead turbine Generation 3)
LUA Twin version 1.0

Usage: unpack Zipfile to a location
Copy CTU.bin to your TX "Devices" folder. when asked overwrite click YES
Copy CTU-twin .lua and CTU lua into "APPS" folder. when asked overwrite click YES
Copy Digitech folder into the Apps folder , if you have a older version OVERWRITE ALL! , there are new audio files included.

LUA :
Added Twin Turbine , inspired by Boeing : Daniel managed to make a simple but nice Twin Engine screen incl status messaging on both engines at the same time.
this LUA also works with Single engine , it will show only one engine..

Added Audio : Swiwin / AMT German audio

Note : sorry we still have not added JetCentral , due to "unforeseen" delays , we will keep you posted.
if YOU have a engine , we would like to borrow it.
we (I)promise we wont "hack" it or suck it empty and enchant it..
we just listen to whats coming thru a dataline and most work is implementing it to our CTU ;-).
we WILL do about 4-5 runs for test not FULL POWER but simulation of a flight , start. and checking status , and fuel consumption.

reward? you will get Famous ;-) and a free CTU and a IAS from us..
i could just purchase a JetCentral , but i got plenty of turbines allready.

CTU Team..
Carsten ,Daniel , Sandor
Old 10-19-2018, 07:30 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Well Thank’s for the update, the LUA while not a support function, I think it’s an essential complement to the CTU!

The update when as easy as they are.....just one note if you want the new screen you need to select the LUA Twin CTU....while the LUA CTU in the application folder will remain the original screen.

Well done Thank you

Last edited by Dansy; 10-19-2018 at 07:51 AM.
Old 10-20-2018, 07:10 AM
hk3957w

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good day gentle. I am trying to use EXT 2 on CTU to activate smoke pump powerbox. on CTU menu port config select EXT2 servo and assign channel 20 the same assign function assignment and check servo assignment DS24. I am using a servo to check but servo is making erratic movements. the CTU is working flawlessly DC24 show all telemetry. thanks for your help.
Old 10-20-2018, 07:19 AM
digitech

Originally Posted by hk3957w
good day gentle. I am trying to use EXT 2 on CTU to activate smoke pump powerbox. on CTU menu port config select EXT2 servo and assign channel 20 the same assign function assignment and check servo assignment DS24. I am using a servo to check but servo is making erratic movements. the CTU is working flawlessly DC24 show all telemetry. thanks for your help.
where did you connect the ctu to?
did you set the receiver and tx to 24 channels?
runninng latest firmware on receiver.
assist? E1?
Old 10-20-2018, 08:17 AM
hk3957w

1. CTU is connect to EXT port 14 on CB200 in EXBUS mode.
2. I have to check the RX and TX is set in 24 channel but I change to channel 14 but continue same.
3. yes is the latest FW
4. not assit

how I must check 24 channel mode?

thanks for your support.
Old 11-01-2018, 02:37 PM
roystonflyer

Default Old TTU

Are you still going to replace the old units as your not supporting the old unit now, as per your earlier post? as i have the older unit..

Old TTU users .
we feel sorry if you can not use the full posibilities of the older unit , therefore we offer you as soon this new unit is on the market.
to get a FREE new version , you can keep the old unit or sell it.
you just need to pay for the shipment costs thats all.
as from now there will be no more old versions for sale.
Old 11-02-2018, 04:31 AM
digitech

Originally Posted by roystonflyer
Are you still going to replace the old units as your not supporting the old unit now, as per your earlier post? as i have the older unit..

Old TTU users .
we feel sorry if you can not use the full posibilities of the older unit , therefore we offer you as soon this new unit is on the market.
to get a FREE new version , you can keep the old unit or sell it.
you just need to pay for the shipment costs thats all.
as from now there will be no more old versions for sale.

this was almost exactly a year ago we announced this.
so the Free trade in deal is over.
however we can always come to agreement and give some one time only discount of 50% (please show invoice and payment slip to us)
mail me or your local dealer.
for the UK this is Bernie jones from Jeti UK , he does our CTU sale for the UK.
BR Sandor
Old 11-09-2018, 06:10 PM
Viper1GJ
My Feedback: (20)

Received 330 Likes on 217 Posts

Carsten, Daniel, Sandor,

I am currently installing CTUs in 2 jets, one a K-210G2 and one a B300F. Radio is a Jeti DS-24.

I want to know if you can do the fuel calibrations by using the "pump test mode" to run the pump and calibrate the fuel used vs actual fuel remaining in the tank. I can't see much difference in me telling the pump to run using the test mode vs me telling me the pump to run using the RC signal. This would eliminate burning up the fuel and blowing it out the back while having to deal with thrust and noise.

I have to do it by myself so it would be nice not to have to run a 300N turbine at higher power for very long on the ground in the back yard even if it is tied down. Plus this way I can actually determine the fuel used by pumping it into my fuel container and then measuring it.

Question is will it work, or is there more to it that requires running the turbine?

Gary

Last edited by Viper1GJ; 11-10-2018 at 03:49 AM.
Old 11-09-2018, 10:27 PM
Custmachr
My Feedback: (3)

Originally Posted by Viper1GJ
Carsten, Daniel, Sandor,

I am currently installing CTUs in 2 jets, one a K-210G2 and one a BF300. Radio is a Jeti DS-24.

I want to know if you can do the fuel calibrations by using the "pump test mode" to run the pump and calibrate the fuel used vs actual fuel remaining in the tank. I can't see much difference in me telling the pump to run using the test mode vs me telling me the pump to run using the RC signal. This would eliminate burning up the fuel and blowing it out the back while having to deal with thrust and noise.

I have to do it by myself so it would be nice not to have to run a 300N turbine at higher power for very long on the ground in the back yard even if it is tied down. Plus this way I can actually determine the fuel used by pumping it into my fuel container and then measuring it.

Question is will it work, or is there more to it that requires running the turbine?

Gary
Gary
it is my opinion that it will not work well. I am not familiar with the BF turbines but unless it somehow counts the actual pump rpms I do not believe it will there either. The pumps used are positive displacement but just pumping into a jar or tank versus pumping against a higher pressure feeding the turbine will require a different amount of pump voltage and amps. As I believe most of the turbine ECU utilize these numbers and the pump PW to determine fuel usage it will vary from actually running the turbine. I know in my case the non flight runs even varied from actual flights. I had to adjust the calibration after a few flights to get it close. I recommend doing the calibration the next time you fly. The important thing is the ability to know when your tank(s) are at 75%, 50%, and 25% so you can compare telemetry readings with actual usage.
Tim
Old 11-09-2018, 11:36 PM
Carsten Groen

Gary,
Tim is correct in his answer. By removing the fuel line from the engine and pumping into "the open", the pump wont see the back pressure caused by the engine, therefore the CTU will not be able to calculate the fuel consumption precisely. If it is not possible to run the engine on the ground as you say, then I would just fly it once, and then check the fuel left in the tank. You then adjust the "pump factor" on the CTU and you are done
Old 11-10-2018, 05:22 PM
Viper1GJ
My Feedback: (20)

Received 330 Likes on 217 Posts

Thanks Carsten, Tim,

Yes that makes perfect sense. I did not think of the turbine back pressure. I will measure and mark the tanks and do the calibration runs when flying. Thanks.

I got the first CTU connected today on the K-210 G2 and it seems to work on the bench sending telemetry info for all available information. I want to try to get the CTU Lua screen shown in post #138 above working. For me getting the computer files updated is a fearful task! Hopefully I wont screw something up.

Next will be the B300F with ProJet ECU. I have the adapter and ERNI cable. Hopefully that will work first time also.

Gary
Old 11-11-2018, 02:42 AM
digitech

Originally Posted by Viper1GJ
Thanks Carsten, Tim,

Yes that makes perfect sense. I did not think of the turbine back pressure. I will measure and mark the tanks and do the calibration runs when flying. Thanks.

I got the first CTU connected today on the K-210 G2 and it seems to work on the bench sending telemetry info for all available information. I want to try to get the CTU Lua screen shown in post #138 above working. For me getting the computer files updated is a fearful task! Hopefully I wont screw something up.

Next will be the B300F with ProJet ECU. I have the adapter and ERNI cable. Hopefully that will work first time also.

Gary
Hi Gary
dont worry about the lua install , just follow the description , if you have any issue call your dealer to help you.
as for the cablibaration , like carsten said just do a few flights and have a look.
if you have any issues contact me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.