Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Setup LGC12 (XICOY)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Setup LGC12 (XICOY)

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2022, 01:38 PM
Johnny Isaiah Woods
My Feedback: (81)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry Setup LGC12 (XICOY)

I need help in setting up my LGC12, after trying every way in the book. I use only retract and brake, but the brake
never works.The instruction are the following: (No data terminal, manual push button)
Switch off power, press the button and switch on the power on the receiver. Release button, the blue light will flash
intermittently, one short flash with a long pause between flashes. set the transmitter at the position you want the
gear retracted, push the button and hold until solid blue light, release button, the led will blink 2 short times.
Repeat the procedure for the brake, and steering.
1 blink -> Gear up command
2 blinks -> Gear Down (extended) command
3 blinks -> Brake OFF
4 blinks -> Brake maximum
5 blinks -> Steering servo retracted position
I know it is something simple that I am leaving out or doing, so any help is appreciated. TIA.

Johnny
Old 06-06-2022, 05:16 PM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

You will probably NOT be happy with the LGC12. I tried the 12, the 13 and finally they came out with the LCG15. I could not get the electric brakes to work effectively on the 12 or the 13. The 15 is a dream for braking. It is easy to program and works like a charm. Once you get the first 15 programmed, you can transfer the program to other planes for a good start, and then tweak it to address differences. I trashed the 12 and gave the 13 away. I have 3 LCG15s. They have the same programming as Electron's GS200. The 15 uses the brakes for steering to a smooth straight stop. I just push the lever on the Txer fully up, and the planes just stop. No skidding! no dancing! Just a smooth straight stop.
Old 06-07-2022, 02:50 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny Isaiah Woods
I need help in setting up my LGC12, after trying every way in the book. I use only retract and brake, but the brake
never works.The instruction are the following: (No data terminal, manual push button)
Switch off power, press the button and switch on the power on the receiver. Release button, the blue light will flash
intermittently, one short flash with a long pause between flashes. set the transmitter at the position you want the
gear retracted, push the button and hold until solid blue light, release button, the led will blink 2 short times.
Repeat the procedure for the brake, and steering.
1 blink -> Gear up command
2 blinks -> Gear Down (extended) command
3 blinks -> Brake OFF
4 blinks -> Brake maximum
5 blinks -> Steering servo retracted position
I know it is something simple that I am leaving out or doing, so any help is appreciated. TIA.

Johnny
‘Turn the brake ON, and then gear up…..Try rotating the wheel when the gear is up….if they don’t it’s because when the gear is up brake are disable in these unit….if that’s the case just reverse all 3 gear wire and all will be good…

I don’t have a LG12 but I have a few RB45 (electron but same unit) and they work fine…
Old 06-07-2022, 05:05 AM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

After thinking about this issue for a couple days, I recalled going through this issue before. Somewhere along all the frogging around with LGC 12, 13 and 15s, I discovered for the brakes, the Red wire in the brake unit's JR connector has to be in pin 3 position vs. the normal pin 2 position. I know that is the pinout for the LG15. I just went out to the trailer to check one in a LGC15. Pin 1 = ground, Pin 2 = empty, Pin 3 = +voltage. They do NOT mention this pin arrangement in any of the LGC manuals. But set up this way, it does not matter which way you plug the JR connector in. That was the tipoff for me.
Old 06-07-2022, 05:48 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Len Todd
After thinking about this issue for a couple days, I recalled going through this issue before. Somewhere along all the frogging around with LGC 12, 13 and 15s, I discovered for the brakes, the Red wire in the brake unit's JR connector has to be in pin 3 position vs. the normal pin 2 position. I know that is the pinout for the LG15. I just went out to the trailer to check one in a LGC15. Pin 1 = ground, Pin 2 = empty, Pin 3 = +voltage. They do NOT mention this pin arrangement in any of the LGC manuals. But set up this way, it does not matter which way you plug the JR connector in. That was the tipoff for me.
for the brake I don’t this it matter how it connected the current will travel either way

but yes I forgot to mention red black into the 2 outside slots….
Old 06-07-2022, 09:06 AM
Johnny Isaiah Woods
My Feedback: (81)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Len and Todd,
THANK YOU, THANK YOU- that was it, the brakes work great now.

Johnny

Last edited by Johnny Isaiah Woods; 06-07-2022 at 02:28 PM.
The following users liked this post:
grbaker (06-07-2022)
Old 06-07-2022, 02:09 PM
Viper1GJ
My Feedback: (20)

Received 330 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by Len Todd
You will probably NOT be happy with the LGC12. I tried the 12, the 13 and finally they came out with the LCG15. I could not get the electric brakes to work effectively on the 12 or the 13. The 15 is a dream for braking. It is easy to program and works like a charm. Once you get the first 15 programmed, you can transfer the program to other planes for a good start, and then tweak it to address differences. I trashed the 12 and gave the 13 away. I have 3 LCG15s. They have the same programming as Electron's GS200. The 15 uses the brakes for steering to a smooth straight stop. I just push the lever on the Txer fully up, and the planes just stop. No skidding! no dancing! Just a smooth straight stop.
Len,
What batteries and voltage are you feeding into the LGC-15 for gear and brakes?
Thanks, Gary