Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

All Turbine Pilots should have this, it is important

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

All Turbine Pilots should have this, it is important

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 07:15 PM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: All Turbine Pilots should have this, it is important

ORIGINAL: Turbinetech

All of this talk of turbines starting fires is not good for the turbine hobby! I think with all of the bad publicity towards turbines lately this post should be closed and deleted! (Ghost Rider where are you)? We do not need any more help putting a bad light on us. We need to not talk about this kind of stuff in open forum. It just gives people more ammo against us.

Cheers,
JB
Man this forum has degraded..... you dig up a two year old thread just to B1tch about it [sm=stupid.gif]

Think I need a vacation from this place [:'(]
Old 08-24-2005, 07:53 PM
sideshow
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Turbinetech

I think with all of the bad publicity towards turbines lately this post should be closed and deleted!
Umm....where to start?

As has been been pointed out by my esteemed colleagues...it is you who have dug up this (over) two year old thread.

And 2...I don't think fire safety should be swept under the rug, ever.....including by digging up ancient threads....and then called for their removal!

[sm=stupid.gif]
Old 08-24-2005, 07:53 PM
Wayne22
My Feedback: (2)

All of this talk of turbines starting fires is not good for the turbine hobby!
No, We need to talk about it!! You can't bury your head in the sand and pretend that bad things never happen!!

There is a lot of good information of being prepared, and preventing fires from speading.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:01 PM
hornet driver
My Feedback: (7)

i double agree...but since its back up....knowledge is the key....the soap idea is great....and i can buy alot of soap

still wondering why you drug it out and then called for it to be sensored..im lost whith that one

gregg
Old 08-24-2005, 10:38 PM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Clearly what's happened here is that someone new to the forums did a search, and then typed in the thread which popped it back up. No big deal, just someone not as savvy as some of us in how the forum works.

Should it be censored? I don't think so, there is a lot of good information, and if you think this forum is read that widely, how about the rule that is now in effect about having water based fire equipment? As some know, when this thread came about, it was not required to have water based fire fighting equipment on hand at ama fields while operating turbine powered fixed wing etc.

So don't beat the guy up too bad, we've all seen someone pop up an old superman jet rally thread in late september and confuse everyone as to dates etc.

Anyway, to answer his comment, nah, no need to censor it or delete, in a few days this thread will be in pages gone by, and maybe a year or two from now, some goof will remind us of what was going on at a particular time in our past. Someone will then beat that guy up again, and god willing if I'm still here, I'll support the little guy.

Keep focused on the things that are really important guys, and with all the bobcats that were popping out of the sky when this thread came about, it certainly was good advice then, and good reminder now.

Take Care,

Sean
Old 08-24-2005, 11:41 PM
MHall
My Feedback: (7)

I agree, but at least it shows that we are PRO-active not just Re-active. [8D]