Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

AMT USA

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

AMT USA

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 10:06 AM
jroth
My Feedback: (60)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AMT USA

Hi Dave,

The website should start getting more content the first week of January and it may take a month to complete.

Thanks,

John
Old 12-28-2008, 10:25 AM
fast_bro
My Feedback: (8)

what is the new web site
Old 12-28-2008, 11:45 AM
Ehab
My Feedback: (44)

ORIGINAL: jroth

Here is the office phone number, now US Micro Jet 513-771-5387

Please call me if I can help: 708-476-2115, John Roth

this was posted in August:

Hey Guys,
Snip..... Our new contact information will be listed below. We are very excited about our move. We have moved into the engineering facility of General Tool Company and have all that they have to offer at our disposal. See their web site at (gentool.com)....snip

John Ligons
V/P Sales & Marketing
US Micro Jet, LLC.
Office: 513-771-JETS
Toll Free Sales: 888-894-JETS
Fax: 513-771-0397
Email: [email protected]
I tried gentool.com, is this the right web for you guys?
Old 12-28-2008, 12:21 PM
Tom Antlfinger
My Feedback: (24)

ORIGINAL: Ehab

I tried gentool.com, is this the right web for you guys?
www.usmicrojet.com
Old 12-28-2008, 12:45 PM
Ehab

Ok, got it. I guess as mentioned above it is a front page and later the info will be there...I am thinking of converting a couple of Olys to auto start[8D]
Old 12-29-2008, 01:13 PM
diceman
My Feedback: (10)

Thought they were going out of business?!?!?!
Old 12-29-2008, 03:10 PM
jroth

Diceman,

As far as I know, AMT, now US Microjets was never going to go out of business.

They have reorganized their officers and are in the process of creating a better company. From what I have been told, it seems like they are moving in the right direction and they will be around in the hobby business for some time.

Thanks for asking.

John
Old 12-30-2008, 06:53 AM
Ehab

So, can they convert my Oly's to auto start?
Old 12-30-2008, 12:15 PM
jroth

Ehab,

Yes the factory can convert your Oly's to auto start.
Check my post #21.

The pricing is $850 for a generation 3 ECU and upgrade, assuming the engine is in running condition.

Check with John or Russ at the factory:

John Ligons
V/P Sales & Marketing
US Micro Jet, LLC.
Office: 513-771-JETS
Toll Free Sales: 888-894-JETS
Fax: 513-771-0397
Email: [email protected]

Please let me know if you need my help in any way.

John
Old 12-30-2008, 02:30 PM
Ehab

Thx john.

According to your post #23, The upgrade for gen1 (the oldest ecu which I have) is $850, correct?. Does that include a gas tank and a battery or does one use the 8 cell batt originally provided? Also, one of my Oly's has never been run, does the upgrade provide any warranty? Last question, is shipping included and if not would you ship back to customer using USPS?
Old 12-30-2008, 03:38 PM
jroth

Ehab,

$850 will get you a new generation three ECU, the engine upgrade. fuel solenoid, propane solenoid, and an A123 three cell battery.

The on board propane tank is optional and not included in the $850.

Return shipping is not included, but the factory will ship it USPS and add the cost to your invoice.

(An upgraded engine past it's two year factory warranty will not receive any additional warranty, but the ECU, starter motor, and solenoids are covered under a new two year warranty.) This policy has been clarified to me. Any engine sent in for the $65 inspection and given an "IN SPECIFICATION" diagnosis will receive a six month warranty. The six month warranty also covers engines that are sent in for repairs and upgrades.
Thanks,

John
Old 12-30-2008, 04:43 PM
Ehab

Ok, cool, thx!!
Old 01-01-2009, 12:35 PM
jroth

I have had some questions about owner installed upgrades and partial upgrades, here is some additional information:

Here is the deal, assuming that the engine is in serviceable condition and does not need any repairs:

For a push button manual electric start with any ECU, you have two choices:
1. For $350 you receive a new intake, mounting hardware, starter nut and the electric motor. You supply the labor. (It is not recommended that the owner disassembles the engine and makes this upgrade)

2. For $450 the factory will install the new intake, mounting hardware, starter nut and the electric motor and provide a 6 month warranty on the turbine and two year warranty on the upgraded parts

For an automatic electric start with a generation two or three ECU you have two choices:
1. For $450 you receive a new intake, mounting hardware, starter nut, the electric motor, fuel solenoid, propane solenoid and a three cell A123 battery. You supply the labor. (It is not recommended that the owner disassembles the engine and makes this upgrade)

2. For $550 the factory makes the upgrade which includes a 6 month warranty on the turbine and two year warranty on the upgraded parts excluding the battery

For $850 the factory makes the upgrade which includes a generation three ECU and 6 month warranty on the turbine and two year warranty on the upgraded parts excluding the battery.

The factory does not recommend owner repairs or upgrades!
The above prices include discounts for scope of work to be completed.
A new generation three ECU has a retail price of $500.

I know this is complicated with all of the options, please call me if you need any clarifications.

Thanks,
John Roth
708-476-2115

Old 01-01-2009, 01:20 PM
Ehab

Ok, So I think I understand. If a turbine, wheather used or not AND has past the two year warranty), passes the inspection it will get a 6 months warranty for $65 inspection charge?
Old 01-01-2009, 08:04 PM
jroth

ORIGINAL: Ehab

Ok, So I think I understand. If a turbine, wheather used or not AND has past the two year warranty), passes the inspection it will get a 6 months warranty for $65 inspection charge?

Ehab,

Yes the $65 inspection "buys" a six month warranty, upgrades and repairs to factory specifications also provide a six month warranty.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

John
Old 01-01-2009, 08:44 PM
Ehab

Ok, Thx john.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:21 PM
Ruizmilton
My Feedback: (29)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

John:

What would be the cost of a bearing job for an AMT280?? (bearings+Labor)

Thanks
Milton
Old 01-02-2009, 11:22 PM
Ehab

Will a Gen3 ecu run on air start? and if so, does one have to send a brand new (gen1 ecu) turbine in? I suspect yes, to check all parameters?
Old 01-02-2009, 11:33 PM
jroth

I received the information early, there is no reason to wait until Monday, here it is.

Milton,

The bearing replacement will cost $560 for any size US Micro Jet engine.

Ehab,
You can order the generation three ECU and they will send it to you, it will automatically calibrate itself and it will run on airstart or electric start when the engine is upgraded. If you are going to run air start, I would stick with the generation one ECU, that is what I have been using since 1998 without any problems.

John
Old 01-03-2009, 02:20 AM
Randy M.
My Feedback: (38)

If my memory serves correctly, I believe it will. You have to change a setting in the ecu (with the highly coveted new EDT) to do air start. That's why my jet brother from another mother (Scott Harris) always plumbs in an air line in an accessible spot just in case a starter motor takes a dump at the wrong time. It would suck to drive to a jet meet and have a little pissy starter motor ruin the weekend.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:45 PM
Ehab

Ehab,
You can order the generation three ECU and they will send it to you, it will automatically calibrate itself and it will run on airstart or electric start when the engine is upgraded. If you are going to run air start, I would stick with the generation one ECU, that is what I have been using since 1998 without any problems.

John

But I like to be able to adjust the rpm and see more data using the gen3 ecu...Also, do you have to align the ecu with a 2.4 ghz Tx every time you turn it on (like the gen1 ecu)? Also, does the gen3 ecu power the plug, propane and kero when used as an air start???
Old 01-04-2009, 06:18 PM
jroth

Ehab,

The factory adjusts the maximum RPM, it is not recommended to exceed that RPM. With an EDT the owner of the engine can decrease the maximum RPM.

The generation one and two ECUs, as you said must be calibrated after every power up to the ECU. The generation three ECUs only need to be initialized once per radio system installation.

If you do not connect the starter motor wires to the generation three ECU, the ECU defaults to air start. The ECU will control the glow plug voltage, propane solenoid and fuel solenoid.

I am learning alot about these ECUs by answering your questions, keep them coming.

Thanks,
John
Old 01-04-2009, 08:58 PM
Ehab

I want to change the rpm down not up for different planes. I also would like to know how long the engine ran, any fail safe conditions, and so on. I'd like to able to have data like the jet cat's ecu.

So, the gen3 will initiate the start procedure as it senses the turbine spinning by the compressed air? another wards, what does one do to get it started, just open the air?

Thx for your help...
Old 01-05-2009, 07:32 AM
CraigG
My Feedback: (40)

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

If you are going to run air start, I would stick with the generation one ECU, that is what I have been using since 1998 without any problems.

John
Except that the Gen 1 (and Gen 2 I think), ECU's do not have the 2 second failsafe delay feature. Therefore, to comply with the AMA requirement ("...ECU's shall be configured to shutdown the engine within 2 seconds of failsafe activtion"), you have to set the failsafe to immediate shutdown.

Which brings up another question; even with the Gen 3 ECU's (which have the 2 second delay), no one has been able to tell me how to make it work in conjunction with failsafe. The "JetCat" method of programing a failsafe throttle position outside the normal 100% range does not work. It seems the only time the 2 second delay functions is with a total loss of rx signal to the ECU which is not the case with a failsafe.

I would sure like to have that 2 second buffer in the event of a momentary failsafe. Am I missing something John? Is there a way to set up the Gen 3 ECU's and tx/rx's to delay shutdown in the event of a failsafe?

Thanks,

Craig
Old 01-05-2009, 10:19 AM
jroth

Ehab,

Using a data terminal ($300) you can access the total engine run time, fail safe conditions and other engine parameters.

Yes, just open the air until the engine is running.

Craig,
I double checked with John Ligons this morning. He told me that all three ECU versions have a two second delay. From the instant the transmitter signal loss is detected to 1.9 seconds the ECU will reduce power to idle, if the signal is not reestablished before 2.0 seconds, the engine will shutdown.
I am confirming the programming method; I will post the answer later today.

Thanks for the questions.

John

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.