Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Composite ARF Mig29

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Composite ARF Mig29

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 02:41 AM
shockwave
My Feedback: (39)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Composite ARF Mig29

Hey John,

Glad you like the cockpit; I know it takes a while to get them made but I can only work on them in my spare time and occasionally I like to have a day off just to play around with my own stuff

I will look into the hard points and ordinance if no body else is offering them; I just don't want to step on anyone else's toes or re-invent the wheel if someone else offers them to the group.

Ro, If you happen to get ahold of the guy that does the detail parts I would be interested in getting a set for my plane; my friend Monty in Davis CA will more than likely also want a set.

How much does the Glennis wheel option cost? I assume this also comes with brakes or do we still use what comes with the kit? How heavy are the Glennis wheels compared to the original setup?

One other thing I am looking for is that I ran across one thread that showed someone who made the middle section duct work to that does not ship with the kits; does anyone know who offers this?

Thanks for the info guys.

Good Luck with your projects!
Old 05-03-2009, 05:19 AM
Ro

Hey John,
All is well with life. I have not done much at all to my Mig29 in the last few months. Just taking a break and building other stuff. Had an engine fire that almost cooked my brand new Boomerang Elan!
I have been having problems with my PST 1300R ever since I got it from one of the guys out here [:@] I'm going to go with a Jetcat P80SE for it now. I think that engine will be a nice fit for the Elan.
Hope to be back on my mig29 at some point.

Hey David,
Good to see you are back on the Mig. The guy who makes the detail parts is Heiko Gartner. You should contact Mark Froehn on the CompArf sales rep list, he can get them for you from Heiko G.
I only purchased the nose wheels from Glennis. They are really nice but I guess he ran out of paint on mine and Paul Buckrel's! I know New Zealand has the buying power of a dust mite but come on!
I do love all the stuff that Glennis does Though.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:11 AM
shockwave

Ro,

Do you know how much Heiko's detail kit costs and what parts comes with it?

I like the Dust mite bit by the way
Old 05-05-2009, 03:53 AM
Ro

Hey David,

I think it was a few hundred. He does a nice job and it will save you a ton of time!
Old 05-05-2009, 07:38 AM
hemi

Dave
I compared the weight of the Glennis main wheel and brakes to the kits parts. Glennis 17.1 ounces vereses 7 3/4 ounces. I didn't weigh the nose wheels but I would think they would be a little heavier as wheel. I also stacked all of the kits wheels and brakes on the scale and the total was 20.4 ounces. So I would bet the Glennis wheels weigh twice as much. Personally, I'm a scale nut and I love the work Dennis does. I haven't had time to go through the strut adjustment process yet, its a time consuming step by step process and you don't have much room for the main tho slip into the wheel wells. Glennis mains are thinner and should help.

Best regards
Old 05-05-2009, 03:07 PM
GlennisAircraft
My Feedback: (1)

Just as a side note: with our product you are upgrading the wheels to aluminum, and with a very durable rubber tire vs. the plastic/foam kit tires - thus there is going to be an expected weight gain that balances off with the quality and durability with what we offer. I'm glad to see everyone happy with the product, but just wanted to explain where the difference in the products is.

Thanks - MIG's look great

Dennis
Old 05-06-2009, 04:28 AM
David Gladwin

Received 145 Likes on 93 Posts

I have the Glennis wheels for my Mig , only use the nosewheel because of the weight of the mains. No doubt about the quality and suitability BUT the extra weight does slow the gear retraction speed .

I now have the Hausl pump replacing the Omega one but I still can't get the gear to retract as fast as Tommy Singer's even with the original Dubro wheels. What sort of retraction times are you chaps getting ?

Regards, David Gladwin.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:36 AM
hemi

David
I'm not that far in my build yet with the hydraulics so I can't help on that one. I know Ro was installing the hydraulics in his plane, he might be able to help.

Were you able to get the speed brake doors to close completely? Mine has a gap no matter what I do. There's so much stuff in a tiny space.

Best regards
Old 05-06-2009, 12:19 PM
shockwave

Thanks for the info guys.

But I still am trying to understand what exactly comes in Heiko Gartner's detail kit? I know it has the landing lights and some antenna but what else?

Does anyone have a picture of all the parts or can someone send me a rough list? I have a gentleman that wants to trade me this detail set for one of my cockpits but I want to get a better idea of what I am suppose receiving so I can make an informed decision.

Thanks

David..
Old 05-06-2009, 12:54 PM
hemi

Dave
Ro is the only guy I know that has one. I can't imagine that detail set being worth one of your cockpits, but what do I know.

Best regards
Old 05-06-2009, 06:43 PM
Ro

Hey Dave, look through the thread and you will see pics of it. I may post some better ones if needed but I think there are a few posted.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:21 AM
David Gladwin

Received 145 Likes on 93 Posts

I doubt you will get the speedbrake doors to close completely, I think the tube for the brake chute is just too large, leave them open for static display !

Regards,

David.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:28 AM
Ro

Mine closes just fine David Should be some pictures of it fully closed in this thread. I just had to measure twice and cut once!
Old 05-07-2009, 04:07 AM
Craig B.

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi Guys,

I will be getting back onto to mine in the next few weeks so expect me to be bugging you guys with a few questions. Time to get her done!

Craig.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:43 AM
hemi

Ro
Your a funny guy, I measured that three times cut once and it didn't fit. So now I've cut twice and it still doesn't close anymore than it did when I started. But on a positive note, it was great talking with you. I'll fix it one way or another.
Hope you have a great day Ro
Best regards
Old 05-07-2009, 10:33 PM
Ro

Hey Craig, looking forward to seeing your mig man.

Haha John! I think the key was getting them mounted to the fuse at the best position. After that focus on mounting rams and horns. Measure twice cut once will work at this point!

Very best,
Ro
Old 05-09-2009, 03:26 AM
shockwave

Hey Guys,

I had a guy contact me last week over the phone in regards to a cockpit; I accidentally erased his message from my phone. So, if you were the person who contacted me please send me your contact info.

Thanks

David.
Old 05-25-2009, 05:08 AM
Ro

Any action in this area guys?

Ro
Old 05-25-2009, 05:12 AM
Ro

David, I found that cockpit part! no need to send another.

Ro
Old 05-25-2009, 08:38 AM
hemi

No progress on my end, been working on a kitchen project.  But I plan to get back on the Mig soon.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:44 AM
Craig B.

Hi Ro,

Got mine down from the loft yesterday.....very excited! I am working on the speedbrake atm. I remade the wooden hinges and have replaced them with G10....easier to finish nicely. This thing is going to be awesome when it is done. Got the brakes built and am now ready to do the drogue chute tube and then mount the brakes on the fuse. Done any on yours or you been playing with that skygate hawk? I have the airworld one to build...that's next after the mig.

All the best.

Craig.

Old 05-25-2009, 09:24 PM
Ro

Hi John, hope all is well and look forward to hearing more on the build when you have time.

Craig, yeah I was busy playing around with the skygate hawk for some time now! After talking with a friend that has completed his and looking over all the work that I have done to the mig29 I'm getting my second wind now! It really is an awesome jet. I think I have builders "ADD" anyway

I may be moving to Germany later this year. Looking forward to checking out Europe and the scale modeling they have over there.

Ro

Old 06-23-2009, 10:03 AM
Craig B.

Hi Guys,

Been working on my mig doing the speedbrakes. I have two questions.....

1. what have you guys done for your rudder servos? Gone with the stock setup?

2. Can anyone post some clearer pics of the speedbrake tube and setup......the pic quality in my "instructions" is really poor!

Thanks in advance.

Craig.

Old 06-23-2009, 10:10 AM
hemi

Craig
I posted pics of my chute tube build on page 5 of this thread.  I may have a few more for you if you have a specific shot you want.  Let me know. 

John
Old 06-24-2009, 08:39 AM
Craig B.

Thanks John. I haven't been on this thread for ages ....can't believe I missed that. I saw the pics. My instruction manual is missing some pages. How does the release mechanism work? There must be some sort of wire that engages through the slots in the phenolic tube. Can you enlighten me?

What have you done with your rudder servos?

Thanks again.

Craig.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.