Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

My Apologies

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

My Apologies

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 05:42 PM
sandslx
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Apologies

To all the Cali crew and anyone else I may have offended, I apologize for my comments. For those of you who do not know me, the passion for the sport got the best of me. I want to bring together a safer jet community, one that appreciates how fragile our position is in the modeling community. All it takes is one devastating event to impact all of us. One look at me and you will know I am not exactly the posterchild for safety. Accidents happen, I have to live with mine every day of my life. Are you willing to do the same?

Again, my apologizes to everyone.

Justin Sands
BVM rep
Team JR/Horizon
Old 10-26-2009, 07:08 PM
uncljoe
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: My Apologies

ORIGINAL: sandslx

To all the Cali crew and anyone else I may have offended, I apologize for my comments. For those of you who do not know me, the passion for the sport got the best of me. I want to bring together a safer jet community, one that appreciates how fragile our position is in the modeling community. All it takes is one devastating event to impact all of us. One look at me and you will know I am not exactly the posterchild for safety. Accidents happen, I have to live with mine every day of my life. Are you willing to do the same?

Justin Sands
BVM rep
Team JR/Horizon
Justin
SAFETY was not an ISSUE at at this jet rally ,We had a manned 4 wheel crash cart standing by with enough water/fire chemicals to put out almost any fire .Also informed the local Phoenix fire station that we might need their help (about 1.5 miles from the field) . The events only safey issue where the crash cart was used ,was to put out a fire was when a ELECTRIC jet went in.
Sun Valley Flyers Safety officer.
Joe Balabon
Old 10-26-2009, 07:28 PM
Mark Taylor
My Feedback: (2)

Joe,
It is not a reference to any event, anything, or anyone. It is a general apology to EVERYONE.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:32 PM
AFTERBURNER1
My Feedback: (80)

ORIGINAL: uncljoe

Justin Sands
BVM rep
Team JR/Horizon
Justin
SAFETY was not an ISSUE at at this jet rally ,We had a manned 4 wheel crash cart standing by with enough water/fire chemicals to put out almost any fire .Also informed the local Phoenix fire station that we might need their help (about 1.5 miles from the field) . The events only safey issue where the crash cart was used ,was to put out a fire was when a ELECTRIC jet went in.
Sun Valley Flyers Safety officer.
Joe Balabon

Well said UJ... The SVF event was one of the most organized and saftey minded rallys I have ever attended... I tip my hat again to the organizers.

The post at hand had nothing to do with saftey period.... Threats, name calling, (not only to an individual but to an entire group of So Cal fliers) derogatory statements etc etc etc.... We all know what was said.... Unprovoked nonsense is all it was.....

2 cents
Old 10-26-2009, 07:38 PM
uncljoe

I want to bring together a safer jet community, one that appreciates how fragile our position is in the modeling community. All it takes is one devastating event to impact all of us. One look at me and you will know I am not exactly the posterchild for safety. Accidents happen, I have to live with mine every day of my life. Are you willing to do the same?

Justin Sands
BVM rep
Team JR/Horizon
Mark
With Justin most recent comments on RCU in the past week that's the way I interrupt his statements.BTW I did remove his first sentence ,in the above quote.
Semper Fi
Joe
Old 10-26-2009, 07:43 PM
quist
My Feedback: (198)

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Bla bla bla quack quack quack....You guys are a bunch of blow hard johny come latelys' in the jet community. Make no mistake If you cant build or maintain your own jet....you shouldnt have a waiver...period. I cant wait to see some of you South western Cali Valley Girls in action at Vegas. Ill bring an extra extinguisher for you non BVM clowns...or some wrenches whatever comes first.

Nice thread...talking like a bunch of wiggers on BET.

Justin Sands
BVM rep
Team JR/Horizon

So your Unprovoked rant on the SVJ thread was out of your concern for safety? Call me crazy, but I don't see it. Sounds like spin.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:44 PM
Bryce Watson
Banned
My Feedback: (6)

ORIGINAL: Mark Taylor

Joe,
It is not a reference to any event, anything, or anyone. It is a general apology to EVERYONE.

Apology accepted over here. Even though the Yankees still spanked that...........

Way to man up sandslx.

Bryce [sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 10-26-2009, 07:48 PM
Bryce Watson
Banned

ORIGINAL: quist
Sounds like spin.

There was a whole lotta spin on the ball last night, that's why EAST COAST TOOK IT!!!! THAT's RIGHT!!!! WHAT! WHAT!!

Alright, lemme stop messin with you guys and get back out to the fumes in the lab.

Old 10-26-2009, 07:49 PM
David Searles
My Feedback: (49)

Joe,
I, for one, tend to be quite forgiving of the occasional verbal faux pax, having committed a transgression or two in my time. However, had Justin ended his apology after the first sentence, no problem. My problem is his seeming attempt to somehow cloak his more objectionable comments under a mantle of his "passion for the sport" and "a desire to bring together a safer jet community, one that appreciates how fragile our position is in the modeling community".

Kindly make the connection between challenging another pilot to "show up at Vegas so I can tell you face to face what I think of you" to safety. What exactly does "talking like a bunch of wiggers on BET" have to do with how fragile our position is in the modeling community? I could go on but I'll stop there.

The point being this apology now looks more like the politician apologizing for cheating on his wife. Is he actually sorry he cheated on his wife, or just sorry he got caught cheating on his wife!

My 2 cents

David S
Old 10-26-2009, 07:55 PM
NickC5FE
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: David Searles

Joe,
I, for one, tend to be quite forgiving of the occasional verbal faux pax, having committed a transgression or two in my time. However, had Justin ended his apology after the first sentence, no problem. My problem is his seeming attempt to somehow cloak his more objectionable comments under a mantle of his ''passion for the sport'' and ''a desire to bring together a safer jet community, one that appreciates how fragile our position is in the modeling community''.

Kindly make the connection between challenging another pilot to ''show up at Vegas so I can tell you face to face what I think of you'' to safety. What exactly does ''talking like a bunch of wiggers on BET'' have to do with how fragile our position is in the modeling community? I could go on but I'll stop there.

The point being this apology now looks more like the politician apologizing for cheating on his wife. Is he actually sorry he cheated on his wife, or just sorry he got caught cheating on his wife!

My 2 cents

David S
AWESOME, SIMPLY BRILLIANT! You hit the nail on the head Dave!
Old 10-26-2009, 07:55 PM
Bryce Watson
Banned

ORIGINAL: David Searles

somehow cloak

Huh? As in Stealth? I know you guys over there are still upset over last night, but don't try to go stealth on us over here with the language...............WE'RE STILL WATCHIN YALL! [sm=50_50.gif]

Alright, I'm out for real now.......

Old 10-26-2009, 07:59 PM
Bryce Watson
Banned

[sm=50_50.gif]
Old 10-26-2009, 08:16 PM
RonLongAZ
My Feedback: (29)

ORIGINAL: quist

Bla bla bla quack quack quack....You guys are a bunch of blow hard johny come latelys' in the jet community. Make no mistake If you cant build or maintain your own jet....you shouldnt have a waiver...period. I cant wait to see some of you South western Cali Valley Girls in action at Vegas. Ill bring an extra extinguisher for you non BVM clowns...or some wrenches whatever comes first.

Nice thread...talking like a bunch of wiggers on BET.

Justin Sands
BVM rep
Team JR/Horizon

So your Unprovoked rant on the SVJ thread was out of your concern for safety? Call me crazy, but I don't see it. Sounds like spin.
I agree with Tony! Justin should have just said Sorry for being a complete jerk and left it at that! To throw the whole passion for the hobby and wanting a safer group of jet pilots has nothing to do with a apology!!!! for all the nasty statments made. I say someone is making Justin apologize and this is his pathedic attempt.

My 2 cents

Ronald R. Long
Old 10-26-2009, 08:36 PM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Ditto David, i was thinking the same thing...good post.
V..
Old 10-26-2009, 08:48 PM
WhoDaMan
My Feedback: (164)

Dave S:
You hit the nail on the head,,,,, Ron I wanted to read that thanking you for posting it

Dave
Old 10-26-2009, 08:54 PM
rcjets_63
My Feedback: (4)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

ORIGINAL: arizonasun25

I say someone is making Justin apologize and this is his pathedic attempt.
Justin's original post was a disgrace and the "apology" is pathetic with the safety "spin". I really have to wonder about his sincerity since the apology came AFTER Uncle Bob sent out a communication on how to be a rep.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85316.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	1302661  
Old 10-26-2009, 09:22 PM
Bryce Watson
Banned

Maaaan I tell ya, can't leave you guys for a second!

Short story time.

I've been a REP a couple times. Once way back when I was like 17 flying helicopters and then again about 10 years or so ago, once again flying helicopters. Both times, although there was a direct benefit to me by doing so, the first time because I couldn't afford the equipment and the second, so I could get expensive stuff cheaper. I chose to leave because I didn't like someone telling what to do, when and where to fly and in more modern times, what websites/forums to go on and what to say. I just felt it wasn't worth it, so from that point on I refused to be a Rep for anybody anymore because I like the freedom of being just me.

Now that being said, here is how I have seen a lot of what goes on here in the jet world from day 2 or 3. Let's just say that just maybe, all these guys that have said all kinds of different things were TOLD to do so by somebody, I dunno who, just someone, anyone in the line of hiearchy to the top guy(s) For whatever companies they are representing. (Everyone still with me here?) Ok; now suppose the top guy(s) have received a bit of misinformation about what really went down on whatever situation or no information at all. And in an effort to protect their hard earned reputation/market share/business prospects, whatever, react in self-defense. (a natural reaction in the fierce world of competition).

THEN

As the dust settles and more and more of the storie(s) make their way up to the top...........the top guy(s) begin to make their own interpretation as to what really is going on based off of everything the now know from everywhere. And now issue (back down through the chain of influence) a more benign response. What would that look like? I mean I dunno, I'm just saying. If you look at every major conflict that has occurred between major forces that involved human intervention mistakes have always been made on both sides, but at some point, there is always an opportunity to allow both sides to save face in some sort of way. Point of the story, look at the big picture and consider the fact that anything a Rep says, may not entirely be their view, or it may sometimes its really hard to tell so its only fair to give them a bit of leeway on the personal front, afterall, they know they are a Rep and who they are representing. And the natural reaction of just about all pilots who have experience model or full-size is to cover your wingman regardless of what he may have gotten into. Self defense of the buddy kind. Now I'm not saying that was the case here, that's just my story.

AND WE ALL KNOW

That's not the way it is in baseball, and YALL GOT KO'd Outta the whole series this year!

I really am painting right now on my little holiday drop cloth mat, and speaking of which, it's real close to the holidays and I know ya'll might want a few things being that we took your series entertainment away. So to make it up to ya's and kind of allow you all to save face for the Angels there, I'll offer you a one time freebie.................WHAT YOU GUYS WANT FOR CHRISTMAS! Go head, lemme know it's on me, I'm on a first name basis with Santa.

B

Name:	Xv64501.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	1302671   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx72194.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	1302672   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44258.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	1302673  
Old 10-26-2009, 09:35 PM
RonLongAZ
My Feedback: (29)

ORIGINAL: Nightwalker

Short story time.

I've been a REP a couple times. Once way back when I was like 17 flying helicopters and then again about 10 years or so ago, once again flying helicopters. Both times, although there was a direct benefit to me by doing so, the first time because I couldn't afford the equipment and the second, so I could get expensive stuff cheaper. I chose to leave because I didn't like someone telling what to do, when and where to fly and in more modern times, what websites/forums to go on and what to say. I just felt it wasn't worth it, so from that point on I refused to be a Rep for anybody anymore because I like the freedom of being just me.

Now that being said, here is how I have seen a lot of what goes on here in the jet world from day 2 or 3. Let's just say that just maybe, all these guys that have said all kinds of different things were TOLD to do so by somebody, I dunno who, just someone, anyone in the line of hiearchy to the top guy(s) For whatever companies they are representing. (Everyone still with me here?) Ok; now suppose the top guy(s) have received a bit of misinformation about what really went down on whatever situation or no information at all. And in an effort to protect their hard earned reputation/market share/business prospects, whatever, react in self-defense. (a natural reaction in the fierce world of competition).

THEN

As the dust settles and more and more of the storie(s) make their way up to the top...........the top guy(s) begin to make their own interpretation as to what really is going on based off of everything the now know from everywhere. And now issue (back down through the chain of influence) a more benign response. What would that look like? I mean I dunno, I'm just saying. If you look at every major conflict that has occurred between major forces that involved human intervention mistakes have always been made on both sides, but at some point, there is always an opportunity to allow both sides to save face in some sort of way. Point of the story, look at the big picture and consider the fact that anything a Rep says, may not entirely be their view, or it may sometimes its really hard to tell so its only fair to give them a bit of leeway on the personal front, afterall, they know they are a Rep and who they are representing. And the natural reaction of just about all pilots who have experience model or full-size is to cover your wingman regardless of what he may have gotten into. Self defense of the buddy kind. Now I'm not saying that was the case here, that's just my story.

AND WE ALL KNOW

That's not the way it is in baseball, and YALL GOT KO'd Outta the whole series this year!

I really am painting right now on my little holiday drop cloth mat, and speaking of which, it's real close to the holidays and I know ya'll might want a few things being that we took your series entertainment away. So to make it up to ya's and kind of allow you all to save face for the Angels there, I'll offer you a one time freebie.................WHAT YOU GUYS WANT FOR CHRISTMAS! Go head, lemme know it's on me, I'm on a first name basis with Santa.

B
Bryce,

What The F...!
Old 10-26-2009, 09:41 PM
Bryce Watson
Banned

You dudes have till Christmas Eve, I know the Elves too...............

Name:	Jh15853.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	1302697   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj21832.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	1302698  
Old 10-26-2009, 09:43 PM
Hugh Heffner

Bryce, smoking pot and posting on RCU at the same time is really a bad idea.

Baseball, pumpkins, elves, Santa. *** does that have to do with anything.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:45 PM
Bryce Watson
Banned

Paint fumes Ron, I wasn't there, but hashing it out here does nothing for the betterment (yea I know word/spelling) of the RC Jet Community.

A guy comes back on to say he's sorry, another guy says that's to everybody and that's the end of it over here.

EAST COAST SERIES BOYS AND GIRLS!!!!
Old 10-26-2009, 09:49 PM
Bryce Watson
Banned

ORIGINAL: Hugh Heffner

Bryce, smoking pot and posting on RCU at the same time is really a bad idea.

Baseball, pumpkins, elves, Santa. *** does that have to do with anything.

Christmas is coming Heff, chu want man?
Old 10-26-2009, 09:53 PM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,

I'm with Dave on this. Lord (and most of RCU) knows I've crammed my foot in my mouth more than once over the years, but I have to say that a spin-zone apology leaves an after-taste. I, for one, was particularly irritated by the "wiggers on BET" comment. That word is almost as offensive to me as the word it deliberately rhymes. I'm still kinda trying to figure out who exactly it is on BET that these pilots were being compared to so fondly, but that's another thread entirely....

Several years ago, there was an intrusion into a thread about the (then) new Yellow F-15 kit. Funny enough, the same two fellows did the name-calling, trash-talking number on the kit which neither of them had seen in person. Justin referred to it as a 'turd', as I recall, and invited us to 'come set that yellow thing down next to his Super Bandit...' After being called out by several members, it was the other one who came back with the SAME chant of '...It was all in the name of protecting our precarious ability to fly these fine airplanes and CONCERN FOR SAFETY!' The implication being that only certain people are presumed to be safe and only certain gear can be presumed to not represent a safety hazard out of the box. When I think about the hubris it takes to sit around thinking that 'the other guys' must not be doing it right, it makes me less impressed by sideways apologies....especially from people who refer to other jet modelers as WIGGERS on BET....
Old 10-26-2009, 09:54 PM
AFTERBURNER1
My Feedback: (80)

Short story time.

THEN

AND WE ALL KNOW

B

Don't get it but I do get the baseball jabs..... Keep your Yanks and their steroids and your Nets and Knicks....

We will keep our good ole Lakers and watch the Phillies SPANK the steroid crew.....[X(]
Old 10-26-2009, 09:56 PM
uncljoe

Paint fumes Ron, I wasn't there,
Bryce
Neither were the two who made comments . As we know this Jet community is small ,we have to look out each other Not throw feces at each other .
Semper Fi

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.