Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

FEJ Where We're Goin' Tomorrow

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

FEJ Where We're Goin' Tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 06:18 AM
Mr DJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FEJ Where We're Goin' Tomorrow

ORIGINAL: CPS

How about the 1/7 F-16.I know the 1/6 F-16 is popular now but it is too large for most clubmates of us.If we want to fly it,we need to change the car to carry this big guy!However ,the 1/8 is a little too small for scale -detail.There are little numbers of ARF F-16 for this size.We hope you can release this size F-16 as soon as possible,Thanks!
CPS, what's the haps, Baby... I hear what you're sayin' but I'm not sure this will fly since they already make two sizes. To make 3 of the same bird would be difficult to sell (I'm talking about to sell the idea).
Old 10-28-2009, 06:18 AM
jetfreak
My Feedback: (9)

make that a 4th T-28 [8D]
Old 10-28-2009, 06:22 AM
Mr DJ

ORIGINAL: AndyAndrews

Mr DJ, for some reason when I read your post it was in the voice of Isaac Hayes (Chef from Southpark). I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself.
Andy, what's goin' down, Baby... U R 2 funny. You must have seen my videos Thank you, Sir...
Old 10-28-2009, 06:25 AM
Mr DJ

ORIGINAL: jetfreak

make that a 4th T-28 [8D]
You got it, JetFreak
Old 10-28-2009, 06:32 AM
Mr DJ

Duplicate
Old 10-28-2009, 06:33 AM
Mr DJ

ORIGINAL: jetspud

I like the T-28 idea along with the following

Bearcat
Skyraider

For turbo prop

Tucano
Navy trainer T-34
US airforce trainer T-6A

I would rather see a T-38 than a F20

Lastly has the factory said anything on making the leading edge slats and tail hook on the 1/7 superhornet

David
David, what up, Baby... Do you know many of us with turbo props? I only know one in real life: George. There's a guy who has a turbo prop in the same Cessna that I have on the first page - I'm pissed that I didn't think of that myself; I would have blown the crowd away at Hamburg with a 13' turbo prop composit Cessna. I like the Bearcat myself; not sure about the Skyraider - have to look that up.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:41 AM
Mr DJ

Duplicate

Old 10-28-2009, 06:43 AM
Mr DJ

ORIGINAL: David Jackson

Actually, there are plenty of aerobatic planes of all sizes flooding the market as well as a lot of small warbirds. IMO, there is not much available in the 150cc size WWII warbirds. I'd especially be interest in warbirds with round cowls, such as the Hellcat, Bearcat, Skyraiders, T-28, LA-7, Sea Fury, etc. Please, no Corsairs, Zeros, or Mustangs, plenty on the market already.

Would like to have a huge F-20 (120"), but would be just as interested in having a huge T-38 (120"). [8D]
David, what's up, my Brother... So you too want the Bearcat and Skyraider. I also like the Sea Fury. With two Davids wanting the same birds, there's gotta be something behind that I'm on it.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:55 AM
Mr DJ

Duplicate
Old 10-28-2009, 07:02 AM
Mr DJ

Duplicate
Old 10-28-2009, 07:03 AM
Mr DJ

ORIGINAL: Jgwright

DJ

ALL the jet models you list are just too big for me.

I could not fit them in the car and I am not going to buy a long wheelbase van just to carry jets around in. Also I am not going to buy a plane that will weigh more than 20 Kg as this means it has to meet UK Large Model Association rules. These models seem to be aimed at the very few semi-professionals who fly at shows.

I currently have 2 twin engine jets but I know that there are only very few that will be prepared to own and operate a twin engine plane. The extra complexity and cost of 2 turbines just does not appeal to many.

It seems that FEJ is ignoring the huge numbers of people that have 54' 14 lb thrust engines. The is no doubt that a small Hunter for this engine size would sell really well as it has a large number of possible colour schemes and I do not understand why one has not been made. I also agree with Dennis about the Mig15. I would add a small Mig 17 and Mig 21 to the list. If FEJ were to make some smaller models like these then they would also be obvious candidates for EDF, increasing the possible market.

John
John, my Brother, what's goin' down Baby... You know, many folks like 'em big, for they're easier to see and easier to handle, but I hear exactly what you're saying. And even though I'm one of those who likes 'em big, I'm going to push all three at the 14lb turbine size: Mig 15, 17, and 21. The market is still there for smaller birds. I feel you; some times you just don't feel like luggin' around or foolin' with a big monster and so a smaller bird seems so much more appealing. Just throw in your trunk and go.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:26 AM
f106jax
My Feedback: (16)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Mr. DJ,

Do you have any info on the F-106? Size, release date, wing tanks, etc.?

Thanks!
Old 10-28-2009, 08:14 AM
georbeckha
My Feedback: (12)

How about something totally different and something you never see around...
F-107 'Ultra Saber'

You never see these around anywhere.

[link=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_F-107]Wikipedia Link[/link]

George
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98950.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	1303512  
Old 10-28-2009, 08:23 AM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

ORIGINAL: Mr DJ

ORIGINAL: invertmast

ORIGINAL: sweetpea01

Too many P-51's on the market. I'd rather see some ME/BF 109's, FW190's and other less modeled WWII planes
+1 if i see another P-51, P-40, P-47, Extra, Edge, Suhkoi, etc come on the market im going to pull my hair out... Do something DIFFERENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1 on the hawker hunter
Thomas, what up, Baby... I agree with you in wanting to see something different and you will, but you have to remember that to our younger folks who don't have these planes: P-51, Yak, etc. they are exciting and will alway be so. You and I are old farts, will you are anyways [img][/img] I'm sure you've been flying for years, I started in 1985 while stationed in Japan (Air Force). Jet FX and the rest all had good suggestions of which I will work; won't get them all, but I'll be on it. Thanks for your inputs, Thomas.

DJ,
I'm not as old as you might think.. I was born in '84, started flyin rc in 1990... and even i am tired of seein all the "usual" stuff As far as prop spinners go.. the skyraider, bearcat (with articulating gear that work reliably) and a tigercat would be sawweeeeet
Old 10-28-2009, 08:28 AM
schroedm
My Feedback: (1)

DJ,

Full composite A6M zero for Moki 250cc radial - if they agree to that I'll order one right here and now!

Cheers,
Mark
Old 10-28-2009, 08:43 AM
Mr DJ

ORIGINAL: sweetpea01

Too many P-51's on the market. I'd rather see some ME/BF 109's, FW190's and other less modeled WWII planes
+1 if i see another P-51, P-40, P-47, Extra, Edge, Suhkoi, etc come on the market im going to pull my hair out... Do something DIFFERENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1 on the hawker hunter
Thomas, what up, Baby... I agree with you in wanting to see something different and you will, but you have to remember that to our younger folks who don't have these planes:P-51, Yak, etc.theyare exciting and will alway be so. You and I are old farts, will you are anyways[img][/img]I'm sure you've been flying for years, I started in 1985 while stationed in Japan (Air Force). Jet FX and the rest all had good suggestions of which I will work; won't get them all, but I'll be on it. Thanks for your inputs, Thomas.

DJ,
I'm not as old as you might think.. I was born in '84, started flyin rc in 1990... and even i am tired of seein all the "usual" stuff As far as prop spinners go.. the skyraider, bearcat (with articulating gear that work reliably) and a tigercat would be sawweeeeet
Thomas

You were born in '84, say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Man, I still have unchewed bubble gum older than youyou're too young to be tired of stuff - just kidding. I know how it is, different strokes for different folks. I still like gassers, but not the Yaks, and other lookalikes; love Cessnas as you can tell from my baby on the first page. Love war birds, but Extras, Yaks, etc, just change the cowl and they're all the same. But still, they are well liked by so many, so we're gonna make them still. The Bearcat and Skyraider seems to be the hot ones - its on.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:47 AM
Mr DJ

ORIGINAL: georbeckha

F-107 'Ultra Saber'

George
Geroge, my Man, what up Baby... Maaaan, what kind of bird is that? I ain't - that's right, I ain't never seen that puppy before. Worth a closer look.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:04 AM
CPS

I know your worry .However,most of our clubmates considered that 1/7 F-16 is the most suitable size to fly .The 1/5.5 F-16 is too big for most jet flyer even it can fly more stable. However, the 1/8 is too small to build the scale detail,like opening canopy and air brake.You can't deny the F-16 is the most popular modern flighter on service.Therefore,I thick this size will sell well because no other factory can manufacture a new model as fast as you.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:05 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

P-47N
Old 10-28-2009, 09:09 AM
georbeckha
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: georbeckha

F-107 'Ultra Saber'

George
Geroge, my Man, what up Baby... Maaaan, what kind of bird is that? I ain't - that's right, I ain't never seen that puppy before. Worth a closer look.
LOL... it was supposed to be the next iteration of the F100 Super Saber. Only 3 were built. They only lost out narrowly to the Thunderchief (If I remember correctly) so 2 were loaned to NASA for high speed testing and one was shipped to a museum somewhere (Dayton, OH springs to mind but don't quote me on that)
I also heard (But am not sure of how accurate this is) that it went supersonic on it's maiden flight!

George
Old 10-28-2009, 09:11 AM
Mr DJ

ORIGINAL: f106jax

Hey Mr. DJ,

Do you have any info on the F-106? Size, release date, wing tanks, etc.?

Thanks!
Hey Mike, what's goin' on, Baby...let's see if I can get that for you...
Old 10-28-2009, 09:12 AM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: AndyAndrews

Mr DJ, for some reason when I read your post it was in the voice of Isaac Hayes (Chef from Southpark). I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself.
Andy, what's goin' down, Baby... U R 2 funny. You must have seen my videos [img][/img] Thank you, Sir...

How did you guess? lol, anyway, your enthusiasim for FEJ is very addictive. I should put my grievances aside and come back home. They are really putting out some cool stuff and I hate sitting in the sidelines watching all the excitement.

Andy
Old 10-28-2009, 09:16 AM
CDB-RAE

hello

my 2 c F-5 is a lot better than T-38 a lot more paint scheme available
MIG-17 almost none in arf; should fly like the 15 and lot paint scheme
MIG-21 of course
and for the warbird the only one and the best hawker TEMPEST very nice in flight and u can fit any engines without pb

thanks
Old 10-28-2009, 09:26 AM
Mr DJ

ORIGINAL: Mavrik!

What about a Vampire??

I note this jet rarely gets a mention or does any manufacturer make one. Am I missing something?

Mav
Mav, what's kickin', Baby... Vampire, what country makes or made this puppy? I know the guy on RCU who has that name but that could also be the name of his jet; he designed a jet. You may know him, he's the SimJet USA owner, Kerry Sterner (last name misspelled), I bought my Nexus from him. Anyways, post a photo of that puppy, please.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:37 AM
eric_monster

Hey Guys,

I know I am really new to r/c jets. But I have been lurking in this part of the forum for a long while now. I am a big fan of FEJ and am told that Santa is going to be good to me this year.

That said, I like the T-38 idea, because I like the NASA scheme. However, I agree with CDB-RAE that an F-5 would be an easier sell and has more paint schemes available. Also, why restrict new aircraft to military? Why not offer something like a Lear 45?
As for prop driven, I am a big warbird nut. But do have to agree with a lot of what has been said here, that nail has been beaten on the head. I know there are not a lot of guys with turboprops out there, but I was thinking seeing a King Air would bee really cool. Or a C-130 would be even better.

Just my thoughts on the matter. Though I know as a total noob, my opinion does not have a lot of weight to it.

Eric

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.