RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

LOSI LST ARRIVAL DATE

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 03:51 PM
joules

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: LOSI LST ARRIVAL DATE

ORIGINAL: fiddybucks

WOW...thats some power, I can't even imagine what the RB .28's that all the poeple on savagecentral have in their savages are doing to the drivetrains.

I ordered a RB .28 for the LST, and a padded receiver bag from jr for the XS3.
Do ya guys think that the RBs or the XTM's or anything are gonna be a real upgrade powerwise and or performancewise? The thing I am most concerned with is that the LST is relatively heavy at 13 lbs and already has a supposed 3 hp engine in it. How much more power can you get into this badboy? It seems to me the only way to increase performance is going to be gearing or weight savings.
I am really worried that the LST is at the heavier end of the scale which wil limit my engine upgrade choices... That is the main reason I am considering the Revo, it is just lighter which give greater flexibility...
Does the comparitive wt vs. the size and hp of the engine it already has concern anyone else?

By the way Rich, What happend to more videos??
J~
Old 06-23-2004, 03:56 PM
O.G.SaNDMaN

ITS a LOSI it doesnt concern me if it was a problem losi wouldnt market it with this engine
Old 06-23-2004, 04:02 PM
WonderWheels

But when is the Losi LST actually going to come out???
Old 06-23-2004, 05:22 PM
Q8 RC

i dont agree thermalRD a bad boy needs a bad boy so i will go with the tsais bad boy pipe [>:]
ORIGINAL: ThermalRD

Ooooh...Check this out! Im thinking this pipe is going on the LST!!! Any opinions?

Old 06-23-2004, 06:07 PM
tripplefatty

on the motor..i have had the mach .15...& didnt last very long...BUT!! the mach .26...is a very fast motor...a few guys at the track i run at have them in there savage & they are very fast!!!!(2 to 3 gallons of nitro & still strong)I dont think there will be a problem with the motor
Old 06-23-2004, 06:16 PM
fiddybucks

I just think it will be fun to change the motor (i came into alittle extra cash so what the hec), I bet the .28 is alittle faster but not night and day, I think losing the reverse and low range gears (for weight savings) are going to be the hot set-up.

Do you think Losi will make grafite parts for it? Are the grafite parts they have for the other trucks lighter or just stronger?
Old 06-23-2004, 06:35 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Grafite (from what I understand) is not very strong at all, it's just ultra light. It probably wouldn't be a good match for a truck wieghing in at 13lbs. Now how about carbon fiber? light and strong.
Old 06-23-2004, 06:49 PM
jefx

ORIGINAL: joules

Do ya guys think that the RBs or the XTM's or anything are gonna be a real upgrade powerwise and or performancewise? The thing I am most concerned with is that the LST is relatively heavy at 13 lbs and already has a supposed 3 hp engine in it. How much more power can you get into this badboy? It seems to me the only way to increase performance is going to be gearing or weight savings.
I am really worried that the LST is at the heavier end of the scale which wil limit my engine upgrade choices... That is the main reason I am considering the Revo, it is just lighter which give greater flexibility...
Does the comparitive wt vs. the size and hp of the engine it already has concern anyone else?

By the way Rich, What happend to more videos??
J~

I am not worried about engine choice and weight of the truck. I've asked several people who own the Mach .26 if they like it or not, and they've all said that it's a great engine at a great price, with performance comparible to the Picco 26.
13lbs isn't all that bad with an included 26 engine. My Tmaxx weighs in at a hefty 11 lbs, and it pulls wheelies non-stop with a drop-in .21 and stock gearing. I've seen aluminum Maxxes that would have to weigh a good 13 lbs pull wheelies with 21 conversions. If the truck is already designed to handle a .26 engine, then dropping in a higher performance .26-.28 engine shouldn't be too stressful on the drivetrane.
With a few weight shaving mods, I wouldn't be suprised to see people's LST's in the 11lb range. At 11lbs, it would weigh the same as my Maxx AND have a .26, I couldn't even imagine having a .26 in my Maxx, it would be undrivable!
Old 06-23-2004, 08:56 PM
breakin2
My Feedback: (1)

Graphite is stiffer than the normal plastic parts. That just means the car will respond to your inputs quicker because there's less "give" in the parts. On the negative side, graphite also breaks easier for that very same reason
Old 06-23-2004, 09:59 PM
SHEP.

lets try and be grown up here and thank Rich for any info he can give us because this might turn into a long term relationship with Losi and the LST, you never know because they might be testing some new parts or modified parts or anything and we/RC Universe might get the first scoop before anyone else or before it gets put in print

we all wanted the truck like last month but we have to wait a few weeks more and it is just them [Losi] making sure everything is perfect when it comes out, thats all, so lets cut him some slack

he is just trying to help us a little with info and do one of his many jobs there

thanks for the info Rich [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 06-24-2004, 11:55 AM
MTmaster

Wow, I have been following this thread for some time now, and I can't beleive some of the stuff I have been reading. (fiddy) "Can't you just give some sort of date that you know would be real?" OMG.... don't you think that Richard would give you a real date if he could? He's probably just as frustrated as all of you are. Think about it......

Your frustrated because:

1) you want the truck right now, but it't not in stores
2) you can't get a firm answers on when it will really be out
3) you sold your Savage to get money for the new truck, and now you ahve nothing to play with.

Richard is frustrated because:

1) People keep asking him the same damn questions over and over again, when he and Losi are just trying to release the best MT possible.
2) He tells you that he thinks it should be out by the date xx/xx/04, and you ask him again when you KNOW that he doesn't have a definitive answer.
3) He can't make the truck come out any sooner, and he is obviously not going to tell you to go out and buy a different truck... he's just trying to help out in anyway that he can

Quit whining so much......... If you own your own company, you know as well as other people do, that somethings cannot be controlled. Like weather that permits you from completing certain aspects of your project on time. The truck will be out when it's out. Your customer don't hold you responsible for a snow storm that prevented you from pouring the foundation of their new house. How rediculous would that be.... "We are going with another company because you refuse to work on our house durning the tornado!" LOL mannnnn clue in dude.

QUESTION:

Have you ever seen an RC car or truck come out when the say it going to? Uhhhhhhh NO! It's a good thing your life isn't depending on the release of the new Guns & Roses album, "Chineese Democracy".... you'd be dead. I think it's great discussing the features of the truck and salivating through text over how wonderful it is, but good lord, pull your head out and grow up a little. It's only an RC truck, and it will be out soon. It's not the end of the world if it gets delayed. It only means that will be a better product, and we will all have a good feeling in buying one, as we know that Losi took the proper amount of time to release it the RIGHT WAY.

Now..... let's talk about how awesome it will be when it does come out, instead of threatining to buy something else if you don't get an answer from someone who doesn't have the answer you want, which is: "it will be out as soon as feel it's ready to release, which is hopefully soon."

-MTmaster
Old 06-24-2004, 12:20 PM
icenutz

This thread is hilarious. I feel as if I can discuss any of my personal problems here and get some good counseling. Thanks to all for the emotional control of this subject.

HAHA!
Old 06-24-2004, 12:23 PM
MTmaster

Icenutz...... tell me bout your mother? Were you lonely as a child......LOL I have had a blast reading this.... it will be sad when the LST does come out, becuase this thread will stop. Richard probably has dotted lines marked on the underside of his wrist as to where he is going to slit them when one more person ask the same question AGAIN.

-MT
Old 06-24-2004, 12:27 PM
eworx
My Feedback: (12)

You know the People @ Losi and Horizon are getting a good kick out of this Forum......
Old 06-24-2004, 12:29 PM
MTmaster

Yepp, I bet the truck has been ready for weeks and they are just holding off so that they can get a few more laughs from this forum before it has to end with the release of the truck. LOL

MT
Old 06-24-2004, 12:37 PM
rcblaze

Just my 2 cent's on the mach .26. I run against them often and from what I have seen it's a solid RTR engine nothing more nothing less. 1 more thing we have over 18 pages and a ton of people giving input. I hope after this truck comes out the same type of info is forth coming. Hopefully it will help all make a good next purchase.
Old 06-24-2004, 01:04 PM
fantomas
My Feedback: (3)

hey guys, i have been patiently waiting for this truck for a few months now... my lhs owner tells me that the eta is somtime around the first of july for the hobby shops to get them in.. i hope this eta dosent get pushed back further!
Old 06-24-2004, 01:27 PM
ThermalRD

I hate to appear like an LST obsessed Losi Fanatic, but i just noticed Richard is in the ONLINE users list. Looks like we get an update soon.

Matt
Old 06-24-2004, 01:28 PM
Richard Trujillo

Guys, the truck does not come with a flat nicad pack...sorry. It does have a holder for a flat pack as a feature on the truck, but it comes with a standard 4 AA pack holder.
One more thing....I don't have any news on a release date.... Sorry.
Richard Trujillo
Team Losi
Old 06-24-2004, 01:31 PM
captanabolic

yo dudes you see all those people bidding on ebay for the link to buy the LST for $75.00. That has got to be the biggest scam!!
Old 06-24-2004, 01:37 PM
ThermalRD

Thanks for the update Richard. Maybe by this time next week you can come on here and say "it shipped!!!". lol. Well, i can dream anyway.

Matt
ORIGINAL: Richard Trujillo

Guys, the truck does not come with a flat nicad pack...sorry. It does have a holder for a flat pack as a feature on the truck, but it comes with a standard 4 AA pack holder.
One more thing....I don't have any news on a release date.... Sorry.
Richard Trujillo
Team Losi
Old 06-24-2004, 01:54 PM
fantomas
My Feedback: (3)

will a 5 cell hump pack fit?
Old 06-24-2004, 01:57 PM
ThermalRD

Richard, how are the diffs in the LST? Are they full 8th scale diffs, with all 4 spider gears, and do you use machine thread screws in the diffs?

Matt
Old 06-24-2004, 04:39 PM
fiddybucks

ORIGINAL: MTmaster

Wow, I have been following this thread for some time now, and I can't beleive some of the stuff I have been reading. (fiddy) "Can't you just give some sort of date that you know would be real?" OMG.... don't you think that Richard would give you a real date if he could? He's probably just as frustrated as all of you are. Think about it......

Your frustrated because:

1) you want the truck right now, but it't not in stores
2) you can't get a firm answers on when it will really be out
3) you sold your Savage to get money for the new truck, and now you ahve nothing to play with.

Richard is frustrated because:

1) People keep asking him the same damn questions over and over again, when he and Losi are just trying to release the best MT possible.
2) He tells you that he thinks it should be out by the date xx/xx/04, and you ask him again when you KNOW that he doesn't have a definitive answer.
3) He can't make the truck come out any sooner, and he is obviously not going to tell you to go out and buy a different truck... he's just trying to help out in anyway that he can

Quit whining so much......... If you own your own company, you know as well as other people do, that somethings cannot be controlled. Like weather that permits you from completing certain aspects of your project on time. The truck will be out when it's out. Your customer don't hold you responsible for a snow storm that prevented you from pouring the foundation of their new house. How rediculous would that be.... "We are going with another company because you refuse to work on our house durning the tornado!" LOL mannnnn clue in dude.

QUESTION:

Have you ever seen an RC car or truck come out when the say it going to? Uhhhhhhh NO! It's a good thing your life isn't depending on the release of the new Guns & Roses album, "Chineese Democracy".... you'd be dead. I think it's great discussing the features of the truck and salivating through text over how wonderful it is, but good lord, pull your head out and grow up a little. It's only an RC truck, and it will be out soon. It's not the end of the world if it gets delayed. It only means that will be a better product, and we will all have a good feeling in buying one, as we know that Losi took the proper amount of time to release it the RIGHT WAY.

Now..... let's talk about how awesome it will be when it does come out, instead of threatining to buy something else if you don't get an answer from someone who doesn't have the answer you want, which is: "it will be out as soon as feel it's ready to release, which is hopefully soon."

-MTmaster
Sorry about being confusing, as I said before it is not Rich it is his bosses that I am talking about.

And if there was a snow storm, I would have to reschedule my foundation pour and tell them when the next pour will happen so that customer will be ready again, not say I can't give you that information and show up with the concrete when I feel like it.

But you are right it is a toy and not anything more than that, I just want to use it with my friends, by the time i get the truck they will be board of theirs and not use them anymore. I can already see it happening.
Old 06-24-2004, 04:48 PM
jefx

ORIGINAL: bcash

I hope after this truck comes out the same type of info is forth coming. Hopefully it will help all make a good next purchase.
I will be the first person to have one in my area. I'm first on the list at my LHS, Hobbytown USA, and I have the money buried in a coffee can in my back yard so that I don't spend it on something else. It's the only HS in town, and I live in the 2nd largest city in Illinois, so hopefully they'll get the early shipment. I plan on giving a full review of the truck when I get it, and I also plan on conversing alot about this truck on this and other forums. With 18 pages of speculated release info on this truck, I'm sure that there will be LST threads a plenty when it is actually released.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.