Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

TNX anybody???

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 10:46 AM
ThermalRD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TNX anybody???

Check this out. Was looking for these trucks for a friend. Found it at Ultimate hobbies for 349 free shipping! Now thats an awesome price!

[link=http://www.ultimatehobbies.com//p619.html]Ultimate Hobbies[/link]
Old 07-03-2004, 12:26 PM
remten2001

Default RE: TNX anybody???

nice price
Old 07-03-2004, 02:27 PM
bkmademedoit

need to sell one truck to buy that!
Old 07-04-2004, 10:24 AM
planebuilder66
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, it'sw been about a month since I bought mine and all I have to say is this thing is almost indestructable. Las week I went racing and I swept the class all firsts. In the first heat they combined small block and big block for some strange reason but I still beat all the small blocks and half the big blocks, out of 11 I came in 4th over all and 1st in small block. Yeah the guys with savages and mgt's were pissed that they got beat by a 18 sized tamyia. So far I've put on proline powerstrokes and I changed the pinnion to a 18 tooth, had to relocate the tank and elongate the engine mount holes. I recently added a tuned pipe and decent header to finish it off and a HPI bronco body. This thing kicks butt, the only thing that sucks is tamyia is playing catch-up with the parts supply, I don't think they were expecting it to be so popular a truck, the parts are snatched up as soon as they come in. But it doesn't matter the truck won't break!, I ran it hard and doinked it off of some serious jumps and still it just bounced and kept going, the only weak points I found were the ball ends, which I changed to traxxas ends and the bumper screws pull out but I just did the bolt and nut mod and their holding up fine. It's faster than my friends MGT and out drags amost all trucks at the track, handling is fair, it turns within most other trucks which makes it easy to get out of traffic and ahead. I never thought that I'd be winning with a tamyia truck, but it's no strange dream, it really has what it takes to win.
Old 07-04-2004, 02:02 PM
remten2001

Nice review planebuilder66...I hope i can do a review soon also..In the meantime i keep tlooking a those pictures...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15236.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	150173   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc92614.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	150174  
Old 07-04-2004, 03:08 PM
bkmademedoit

i have heard nothing but good things
Old 07-04-2004, 04:06 PM
remten2001

ORIGINAL: bkmademedoit

i have heard nothing but good things

Me too I've heard nothing but good things but lately seems like the truck that are more popular are the ones with problems...
Old 07-04-2004, 07:25 PM
tiger e.k.4 s2

This truck rocks been thrasing it hard and puts up with it

broken parts so far rear c2 upright , spurgear, front bumper screws easy fix

why this truck is not more popular is beyond me get one it will not disapoint
Old 07-04-2004, 10:22 PM
bkmademedoit

it's all about HYPE. i'll be the first to tell you i'm relatively new to the r/c game but i never saw as much commotion about the tnx as i'm seeing for the lst and genesis.
Old 07-04-2004, 10:38 PM
Cal-Torque

Very true.
CEN created a monster by posting about their new truck very early... Now that it's out and SEEMS to have some major teething problems, I think that it's a real dilemma for them. Tamiya was very quiet about their offering, but I'm seeing more and more postings based on it's great performance. If it wasn't for the Revo coming out soon, I'd probably buy one. My bet is that stock vs stock, it will be a toss up in most respects. Now that I think about it, maybe the TNX is a better bet...bigger, likely more durable... Maybe I'll flip a coin.
Old 07-05-2004, 12:25 AM
Haldir

The TNX is only $350 with free shipping at Ultimate Hobbies.
Old 07-05-2004, 12:04 PM
peterp105
My Feedback: (4)

I just ordered a TNX i hope i like it. Does anyone have any tips or tricks?
Old 07-05-2004, 01:24 PM
remten2001

I just ordered a TNX i hope i like it. Does anyone have any tips or tricks?
I have a tnx on order also shoudl receive it one week or so...The one thing I will be doing to mine is removing the engine and make slots in the chassis so I can adjust the gear mesh..I have read also that there was some flex in the chassis no biggy but some have noticed the engine moving when applying full trottle just make sure to set the end point adjustement so it doesn't do that.

That is nothing compared to what You have to do to a savage in order to make it good.
Old 07-05-2004, 02:47 PM
twisted

the biggest tip i can give you guys is take apart your diffs and replace the stock self tapping screws that hold on the ring gear with some machined 3mm screws of the same length.my stock screws started backing out and luckly i noticed it before it was to late.

another tip, take the tranny scres and loosen them push tranny towards engine and tighten scres.next loosen engine screws and push engine towarsds tranny anf tighten screws.

buy some extra spurs (terra crusher spurs are the same). dont run slipper all the way tight.
Old 07-05-2004, 03:06 PM
remten2001

the biggest tip i can give you guys is take apart your diffs and replace the stock self tapping screws that hold on the ring gear with some machined 3mm screws of the same length.my stock screws started backing out and luckly i noticed it before it was to late.
Will normal hex head hex screw fit?or do they ahve to be counter sunk?
Old 07-05-2004, 04:34 PM
Spudnik

i have heard all great things about the tnx. Sounds good aother trucks that i have hearf all great things about savage, hpimt2, mgt, and the mad force. The mad force and tnx are about the same price and sound like great trucks teh both of them. I will think about teh tnx for my next truck.
Old 07-05-2004, 06:31 PM
planebuilder66

The one thing that is probably a must is replacing the corse self-tappers with the fine thread machine screws, plus the ball-ends. Other than that, the truck is pretty well built, all trucks have problems but the weak points on the tnx are minor and easily fixed. The most important thing is the truck holds together for the whole race and makes it to the end. I race my xxx-nt and it's fixed almost every race, the only thing I have to do to the tnx is change the ball ends once in a while from me doinking it off a big jump, I'm by far not a great driver nor do I believe the product wins races, I just have the same attitude everytime I race, go big or go home. I push it to the point of destruction and a few times while racing it, I did. At the reigonal race here in ct, I crashed a few times and worked my way back to third place with 2 minutes to go, could have cought first but I went big off the criss-cross section and nosed it into the corner pipe so hard that it ripped the rear ball end open. The only thing that broke that day, the next race I had a whole new set of traxxas ball-ends on the truck and still have the same $5.00 set on to this day. I'll post a picture of the truck, just give me some time.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47468.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	150565   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm37253.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	150566   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ej14068.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	150567   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cw64355.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	150568  
Old 07-05-2004, 08:28 PM
remten2001

thanks for the tips I will know what to look after when i receive mine...What brand of pipe and header are you running on yoors?
Old 07-05-2004, 08:56 PM
planebuilder66

The only header I could find was a megatech .15-.18 sized header, it fits perfectly. The pipe I had laying around from my losi xxx-nt, it works great, the truck is geared good for the bottom end and the pipe puts more mid to high rpm in the engine. So the pipe makes the engine run a little higher rpm and give a touch more speed, with a 18 tooth pinnion gear it will lift the front off the ground and run about 42 mph even after using the lower profile tires.
Old 07-05-2004, 10:39 PM
twisted

winzen, you will need countersunk screws.

planebuilder,what type of 18 tooth bell you using ?does tamiya offer an 18 ?

i see you like the bronco body too !this is an older pic before i put on the 40 series bow ties and the power stroke shock.
Old 07-06-2004, 01:44 AM
Q8 RC

my LHS is so funny he told me i am not intrested the customer is intrested you must get them some and he bought the army looking one and no body look at it thats why he is mad [:-].

and by the wey nice pic ThermalRD[X(]

Bader

KUWAIT
Old 07-06-2004, 10:16 AM
breakin2
My Feedback: (1)

Damn, the price is back up. I was honestly thinking about picking one up and saying screw the LST.
Old 07-06-2004, 12:37 PM
rcagp

Does Tamiya make a pullstarter to replace the electric start system ? If not has anyone tried other brand pullstarts on the engine?
Old 07-06-2004, 01:06 PM
twisted

i know the hpi roto start for the nitro mt2 fits so i would think a pullstart from hpi would work to.
Old 07-06-2004, 05:43 PM
tiger e.k.4 s2

Why would you want a pullstart the electric works just fine and is reliable!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.