Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Need help Associated or CEN Racing

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Need help Associated or CEN Racing

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 11:00 PM
Southpark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help Associated or CEN Racing

Hi if anyone could please help me out here
i wanna get a monster truck but unsure which is better, as far as performance and upgrades available, and of course durability

Team Associated MONSTER MGT 8.0 RTR
or
CEN Racing GST 7.7 RTR Super Monster Truck
this are the wto i have pretty much in mind, any help on how they compare to one another
or anyone actually who ones one of this or has used them could help me with some advice.
thanks much
Old 03-08-2008, 12:27 AM
[email protected]

Default RE: Need help Associated or CEN Racing

I'm thinking you wunt BIG. The cen is a beast, big truck big engine and all, the MGT is big but not as big. Can't speak for the engines in either one and I don't care for the very big engine that drinks all my $30 a gallon fuel. I will say this the LST2 is a lot better IMO and would beat both in all out performance and yes it's big. I have the MGT 4.6 with the LRP spec 3 .28 and I think it would take both the cen and MGT8.0 in a race around the track only because the big engines can't spin the RPM's that I can get.

If you have your heart set on one of the two then I would look at what your LHS supports. I think both are about the same but the cen has a 3spd.
the MGT 8.0 is very new so I have heard of some parts problems at my LHS nothing big but it's still new to them also[&:]. No hobby shop around me has anything to do with cen or wunts to[:@] and I have two cen RC's and that's a PITA. I was thinking of getting the MGT 8.0 transmission for my truck as I hear it's much stronger then the 4.6 trans. If you wunt real big get the monster FG gas truck it will cost you but It will save you in the long run.
Old 03-08-2008, 03:21 AM
nightwolf1969c

i have the mgt 8.0 and love it a good basher and fast . a buddy of mine has the gst 7.7 we raced twice and i beat him both times . one was head ups and the second was with him having a ten foot head start the only thing i have done to it is put rpm arms on it and the team bell crank steering kit
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92077.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	897522  
Old 03-08-2008, 07:40 AM
rclynx

You have a tough choice there M8 so the only thing I can say is the power goes to the CEN along with the already included up grades....................there both great trucks
Old 03-08-2008, 10:00 AM
Southpark

thanks, i'm open to other trucks as well i just like the style and options this two have to offer, but of course if anyone knows of a better truck then this two, let me know thanks again
Old 03-08-2008, 10:55 AM
Snaut Rocket

I would personally go for the lst2. Since price isnt the issue here.
I think the losi has a just a better quality of vehicle there. But what ever you choose Im sure you will be happy with.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:52 PM
[email protected]

ORIGINAL: nightwolf1969c

i have the mgt 8.0 and love it a good basher and fast . a buddy of mine has the gst 7.7 we raced twice and i beat him both times . one was head ups and the second was with him having a ten foot head start the only thing i have done to it is put rpm arms on it and the team bell crank steering kit

That looks to clean and nice you sure your bashing that truck.
Old 03-08-2008, 01:29 PM
buck in rut

i have the mgt 8.0 my buddy has the cen 7.7 so i have driven and tuned both of them there both fine trucks the 7.7 was a little harder to tune but it was worth it when we got it dialed in its torque is unreal and great power so as far as power the 7.7 wins IMO but in the over all handling and speed my 8.0 wins hands down only mods to the 8.0 was tires upgraded servos and a forward only kit the three speed in the cen is kinda useless only for very long strait aways that you will not find on most tracks at this time its hard to get parts for both i have to order all parts online as far as the one response that wanted to upgrade his 4.6 tranny to the 8.0 i have done it to my 4.6 you can buy the 8.0 tranny for around 80 dollars on ebay and it works great but you will have to either use the input shaft from the 4.6 or buy the entire slipper ass for the 8.0 about another 50 dollars i just used the input shaft from the 4.6 and run a 54-14 gearing with the lrp spec3 .28 the trans hold up great i have had to all together for around 3 weeks and it will out run my buddies cen 7.7 another big draw back to both trucks if poor fuel mileage around 7 min run time for both depending on how hard you run bigger is not always better consider the mgt 4.6 the savage 4.6 or the losi lst any of the 3 will a better choice than the other two and all three have endless hop ups just do some more reserch and if i had to only chose 1 it would be the hpi savage 4.6 but only becuse i already have the mgt
Old 03-08-2008, 11:40 PM
Southpark

well, i was gonna get something smaller i had looked before at the traxxas T-max 3.3 i don't know how that would compare to some of this other trucks like hpi savage 4.6 or associates mgt 4.6, i've only had buggy's up to know and a cen racing car but i was looking to add an off road truck just don't know what's the best way to go, i had big in mind but of course they use alot of fuel, and it seems like everywhere i read or ask people they all say the smaller trucks are better then the mgt 8.0 and the cen 7.7, so i don't know ????
Old 03-08-2008, 11:49 PM
buck in rut

its been my experience the t max breaks to easy but i am hard on my trucks id pay the extra for the savage it seems to just hold up better and before i open a can of worms the t max is a fine truck just didn't hold up to me
Old 03-09-2008, 01:30 AM
[email protected]

I have the LST2 and would recomend that truck. I have done very little to this truck and run it hard and holds up well. IMO it's hands down the best RTR MT you can buy and the best deal for what you get.
Old 03-09-2008, 02:10 AM
mike28539

do what I did. Put the CEN .46 in the MGT 4.6 SE
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki20492.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	898571   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql35263.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	898572   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bh94638.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	898573  
Old 03-09-2008, 11:55 AM
Southpark

that is a nasty truck with that engine, hit me up with details of this set up, it looks like you got 2 gas tanks helping out?? hows that working, most people i talked to say that thing sucks up alot of fuel?
Old 03-09-2008, 12:55 PM
rclynx

All the 28's suck fuel, thats why there strong and fast[:-]
Old 03-09-2008, 01:04 PM
Elite_Tux487

While they may suck fuel my mgt 4.6se stays running on the same tank for a while longer than my friends cars and all the other trucks I own.
Old 03-09-2008, 07:58 PM
mike28539

as far as set up, yes i put a second tank on it and i have had no problems with it. basicly stock setup. changed out shocks and springs as you can see in the pics. on the motor i am running a 21t cb with a 50t slipper. that wheely bar is not just for looks. without it it will backflip really quickly. i get about 30 min of run time on the 2 tank setup. i like it for bashing as i have not raced it. i have to rebuild the diffs and shim them now. i blew both front and rear out at the park today. oh well, that's part of the fun of RC right!
Old 03-10-2008, 10:16 PM
Southpark

tahnks for evryone help who posted i've ordered the lst2, everyone seems to have good reviews about it, can't wait to get it
Old 03-11-2008, 04:19 PM
EG1

Only thing you'll need right away is some loktite and a GPM or Dynamite engine brace. Of coarse a better charger, glow plugs and another battery would be nice too.