RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Nitro Stadium Trucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-nitro-stadium-trucks-243/)
-   -   -=OFFICIAL HPI FIRESTORM THREAD=- (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-nitro-stadium-trucks-243/5074112-%3Dofficial-hpi-firestorm-thread%3D.html)

nitro-rob 04-07-2009 03:07 PM

RE: -=OFFICIAL HPI FIRESTORM THREAD=-

Besides getting a killer engine for it, one cheap way to increase power is to bore out the header on the exhaust to fit the size of the output on the engine. Also, try a three shoe clutch to minimize wheel spin at low rpm. Stiffening the rear suspension will help as well.

ro.sniper 04-07-2009 03:21 PM

I personally don't get any joy out of wheelies they get old fast... I'd rather have a well tuned engine for one

tylerqew 04-07-2009 09:20 PM

Well, I would like to see my truck do one. I've never had a car with enough power to do one, and I would like to see it atleast once. I am thinking of buying a Savage 4.6 but I don't really know about it yet. I have a few motors that I bought from my neighbor who just got out of the hobby, and I'm not really sure what they are. They're on eBay right not, but if they don't sell I need some help identifying them. One is an RB Concept, a top, and an O.S. Would any of these make enough power?....

nitro-rob 04-08-2009 09:35 AM

I love the savage - it flies and does wheelies easily. The OS CV-RX is a great motor, ask Nate about it.

tylerqew 04-08-2009 04:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I don't know anything about aftermarket motors. I bought a few from my friend, and that was the end of it... I'll post a picture of the O.S. I'm really not sure what kind it is. It says Recoil Starting System on the starter, but I'm sure that doesn't help much.

nitro thrasher 04-09-2009 12:12 AM

Is it possible to get a roto starter for the firestorm?

nitro-rob 04-09-2009 12:18 AM

Yeah, the part number is 87117 for the engine backplate. I just bought one for 16 with shipping on ebay. I like the roto but keep the pull start on one truck and don't mind it anymore - its okay on small blocks.

firestorm2009 04-09-2009 09:07 PM

okay so i have read on hear that some of you have put new clutches on to the FS.

IS it really worth the money?

I know the dont make one for the FS. But i think i read that someone out a SAvage one on?

Is it a 2 shoe or a 3 shoe?

CAn some help me?

thanks
Firestorm 2009

JCMINIS 04-09-2009 09:13 PM

I read through a bunch of pages,but didnt see anything about a laarger fuel tank that would possibly fit.Anyone know if there is something larger that will come close to fitting,,150cc would be sweet......

JUBE 04-09-2009 09:15 PM

I put a clutch of 3 shoe of the savage and really it(he,she) walks very well

GlassBullet 04-09-2009 10:10 PM

I was thinking of getting [link=http://cgi.ebay.com/Axial-AX10-2-2-Rockster-Beadlock-Wheel-Black-4-AX8091_W0QQitemZ370181401541QQcmdZViewItemQQptZRad io_Control_Parts_Accessories?hash=item370181401541 &_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|6 5%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50]these bead-lock tires[/link] for my firestorm. do you think they are worth it? the size and hex is all good, right? I will be running about half on the street and half off road if that makes a difference in how fast the tires wear out. Also, it says they are rock crawler wheels, does it make a difference?

nitro-rob 04-09-2009 10:24 PM

I run those exact rims on my storm. They are cool although pricey and add more weight than a standard rim. I don't think I would buy they again but they are cool.

nitro-rob 04-09-2009 10:25 PM

ORIGINAL: firestorm2009

okay so i have read on hear that some of you have put new clutches on to the FS.

IS it really worth the money?

I know the dont make one for the FS. But i think i read that someone out a SAvage one on?

Is it a 2 shoe or a 3 shoe?

CAn some help me?

thanks
Firestorm 2009
I run the savage three shoe clutch and love it. It slips less and doesn't break as often because it doesn't have the silly wrap around spring that breaks all the time.

GlassBullet 04-09-2009 10:53 PM

what would you recommend for the firestorm? or are beadlocks even important?

nitro-rob 04-09-2009 11:01 PM

They are an alternative to glueing and disposable rims - but you can get a lot of rims for the price of the beadlocks. You can also reuse rims fairly easily by removing the old tires in an oven at 150 F. If you are going to reuse I wouldn't recommend chrome rims and stick with coloured plastic like black or dying white rims. Blingy chrome rims look good but will chip the finish if you hit them directly.

jenfre 04-10-2009 12:04 AM

Hi guys did some ever tried a gyro piezo on his firetorm ? i'm planning to buy a piezo from ebay for 45 $ II tough it would be ggreat for the handling of my firestorm. I find it hard to acceleratee quickly in the dirt with out loosing traction . i saw some gyro piezzo on truggy but ould it work on a firestorm 10T

firestorm2009 04-10-2009 01:02 AM

If i get the 3 shoe alum racing clutch will i lose traction on dirt.
I race on mainly compact dirt with loose dirt on top in some areas.

i need all the traction i can get in the low end. i am not lookinf to pull wheelies out of the gate.
i need to keep the fron wheels on the ground coming out of corners.

please help

jenfre 04-10-2009 09:05 AM

i need all the traction i can get in the low end. i am not lookinf to pull wheelies out of the gate.

please help

Are you running the stock engine ?

firestorm2009 04-10-2009 02:07 PM

yes i m running the g 3.0

suttyct 04-10-2009 04:14 PM

What you guys think about using copper grease in the diff?

Darkmacheen 04-10-2009 06:35 PM

Hi there!! im new to this forum and new to hpi. I just purchased a firestorm nitro truck. i have ran about half a quart through since my break in procedure. my question is, i have already had to repair my front control arm pin 3 times, is there a reason or a fix for this? the control arm pops off of the pin. usualy it is just a decent bump that makes this happen. any ideas would be greatly apreciated. Thanks ahead of time!!

bushhiker 04-10-2009 07:29 PM

Which do you guys think is better aluminum clutch shoes or composite/Teflon shoes. Does aluminum grab more and result in more off- the- line power or are they not worth the maintenance? Thanks

nitro-rob 04-10-2009 08:10 PM

please help
Doesn't that come down to throttle control? Having a weaker clutch is like removing horsepower....would you remove horsepower to win races?

rclynx 04-11-2009 08:06 AM

I think by implying a weaker clutch he is looking for a way to keep the car from lifting the front end. That problem is taken away by a proper slipper clutch adjustment. changing the clutch won't matter =, it either grabs fast or slow, either way it must grab completely or burn up...........good luck and HAPPY RC'en ;)

NitroNate 04-11-2009 11:23 AM

ORIGINAL: Darkmacheen

Hi there!! im new to this forum and new to hpi. I just purchased a firestorm nitro truck. i have ran about half a quart through since my break in procedure. my question is, i have already had to repair my front control arm pin 3 times, is there a reason or a fix for this? the control arm pops off of the pin. usualy it is just a decent bump that makes this happen. any ideas would be greatly apreciated. Thanks ahead of time!!
I've had that problem when I first bought my Firestorm.HPI recently made some changes on their nylon and is now the strongest nylon they ever made,besides RPM products.Just buy a new set of composite a-arms and you should be good to go....
My brothers Firestorm is almost 2 years old and it never needed a nylon part replaced!