Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 07:38 PM
kochj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gjhinshaw
Rich,
I traded out the battery with a FROMECO 7.4V 2600mah Lithium ION. I charge it maybe every 3 or 4 months. The ONLY thing I can tell you is.... MAKE SURE DOUBLE SURE THE + is to + and - to -
If not it will blow the board and you will need to send it in as there is no fuse there to protect it.
YEp...
I did that..... It wasn't that I pluged it into the wrong polarity on the radio.... It was my soldering skills that were reversed!.... LOL... You have to solder a conection that will work with the radio, to the lipo battery (any kind will work, as long as it fits and is 7,4 volts..)

The new radio has a traditional 3-wire servo conection, so you have more difficulty burning it up!....
Old 09-22-2013, 07:47 PM
kochj

Originally Posted by HoundDog
. I just could not any sense in taking the engine temp on the case. That sorta like trying to take it rectally. Just saying.
Well taking a RECTAL temp is Much more acurate body temp (core temp) than under your tonge.
So I don't think that was a very good example..

One can easily place the loop at the base of the spark plug if you are not ANAL (couldn't resist) BUTT I have found it just as accurate to loop it around the head........
It may be a few degrees lower but not much...
Old 09-23-2013, 05:47 AM
Zor
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by teamqball

heard it has 4096 resolution is this true?
A chain is only as strong as its weakest link.
Can anyone show me a servo that can move (rotate) 4096 or 2048 times ?

Zor
Old 09-23-2013, 07:17 AM
Bob Pastorello
My Feedback: (198)

Nothing at all "wrong" with having a TX-RX system that has the best resolution technology can provide affordably. Obviously Hitec is working long-term for a system that won't be the weak link in ANY control system.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:08 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

[B][/ [B]Cylinder Head temp is what is important In full scale ai cooed air plane engines if the Cylinder Head Temp ever go into the RE te motor is pretty much toast. find the lenth on the wire type temp sensor pick ups to be too short and HiTec advised me that I would get erroneous temp readings if I used an extension. The extensions seem to work fine with the Optical tack. One thing I like to see is a diferant warning tone from the transmitter for different anomalies. I some times use the voice module and I under stand it will announce an out of peramiter reading right away. Haven't played with it enough to know for sure though.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:45 PM
Michel

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi
Don,t forget to order an extra female plug , that fits into the transmitter . You must solder that extension to a Deans .

Michel
Old 09-23-2013, 03:19 PM
Bob Pastorello

If a person has moderate skill with soldering...a "cleaner" approach is to splice the original Hitec connector after carefully removing from the stock NiMh battery before tossing it.
Then, on the balance connector of the lipo, cut the red wire, and splice the red wire of the hitec connector to the red, reconnect all with shrink wrap. Repeat on the black lead. Then you can leave the Hitec connector plugged into the Tx, and connect your Lipo charger to the balance connector per normal lipo charging. Makes things a little cleaner than the Deans, and you don't even need those large gauge wires from the Lipo pack.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:30 PM
Michel

Originally Posted by Bob Pastorello
If a person has moderate skill with soldering...a "cleaner" approach is to splice the original Hitec connector after carefully removing from the stock NiMh battery before tossing it.
Then, on the balance connector of the lipo, cut the red wire, and splice the red wire of the hitec connector to the red, reconnect all with shrink wrap. Repeat on the black lead. Then you can leave the Hitec connector plugged into the Tx, and connect your Lipo charger to the balance connector per normal lipo charging. Makes things a little cleaner than the Deans, and you don't even need those large gauge wires from the Lipo pack.
Very true

Michel
Old 09-23-2013, 06:08 PM
gjhinshaw
My Feedback: (303)

WHY would you do any of that???? Buy a li-po or ion with the servo plug already there?? I didn't
do ANY soldering.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:02 PM
Bob Pastorello

Because not all suitable lipos can be gotten with that Hitec plug, and because I like doing that sort of stuff, and maybe someone else does too, and besides why do YOU care whether I want to solder or not????

He's talking about the current Aurora 9, I think, which does not have the standard servo plug, also.

Last edited by Bob Pastorello; 09-23-2013 at 07:06 PM.
Old 09-24-2013, 12:07 PM
gjhinshaw

mr bob,

I guess I really don't care what you do! I was just saying that you don't have to do that for the A9 OR A9X a standard lead will fit with no modification into the port.

Because not all suitable lipos can be gotten with that Hitec plug, and because I like doing that sort of stuff, and maybe someone else does too, and besides why do YOU care whether I want to solder or not????

He's talking about the current Aurora 9, I think, which does not have the standard servo plug, also.

Last edited by gjhinshaw; 09-24-2013 at 01:59 PM.
Old 09-24-2013, 01:50 PM
Bob Pastorello

Originally Posted by gjhinshaw
mr bob,

I guess I really don't care what you do! As far as I am concerned you can fu** yourself! I was just saying that you don't have to do that for the A9 OR A9X a standard lead will fit with no modification into the port.
Great way for you to represent Team Hitec. You are incorrect; the A9 "original" will not accept a "standard" servo lead, which is why I offered a solution to someone seeking one. Thank you for your suggestion.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:03 PM
gjhinshaw

You are correct, I was wrong to say that... BUT, YOU are WRONG!!!!! PLEASE, tell me how I did this?????
It is really sad when people try to help others and you have people that come in and say things they do not know!!
Have YOU even tried to put a regular servo plug in??? This is what is upsetting, people that have not even tried or looked at it, than come on here and bash people!

Great way for you to represent Team Hitec. You are incorrect; the A9 "original" will not accept a "standard" servo lead, which is why I offered a solution to someone seeking one. Thank you for your suggestion.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	014.JPG
Views:	186
Size:	1.62 MB
ID:	1924519  

Last edited by gjhinshaw; 09-24-2013 at 02:08 PM.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:14 PM
Michel

Hi
Just because it goes in ,............................................. doesn,t mean it makes good , " CONTACT " . Please , use the proper terminal . It,s the , " SAFE " way . Do it right , " once " .

Michel
Old 09-24-2013, 02:21 PM
gjhinshaw

M,

Sir, it makes great contact with NO cutting, drilling, nothing...... Here is another picture of it..... I am using the proper terminal's to plug it in. This is safe and is better and long lasting. I am guessing you are really saying, "for once"... LOL You are NOT endangering anything on the radio, just make sure the polarities are the same.

Originally Posted by Michel
Hi
Just because it goes in ,............................................. doesn,t mean it makes good , " CONTACT " . Please , use the proper terminal . It,s the , " SAFE " way . Do it right , " once " .

Michel
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	015.JPG
Views:	165
Size:	336.7 KB
ID:	1924528  
Old 09-24-2013, 02:57 PM
Michel

I just read some of youre posts .
Youre not worth it
Old 09-24-2013, 04:33 PM
jwrich
My Feedback: (17)

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Michael
+1

Rich
Old 09-24-2013, 06:56 PM
gjhinshaw

Mike and Rich,

It is okay if that is your wish, ButI know what works and what doesn't. I am trying to help someone out that might not be a genius like you 2 are. Some need help in figuring out the A9 and A9X and I will help them with ONLY what I know, NOT what I think I know. This is the way it should always be done, NOT with speculation! This is the difference. I have told, said, wrote ONLY what I know and have done with these 2 radios. If you don't like or understand it, Than I will help you.
These forms are getting out of hand by hackers, Haters, know-it-alls, and so on. I was only trying to help and that is it. YOU, have NO reason to bash me on this! But, today it is a common thing to do as that is the mentality of some.
I wish you both luck in the future!
Gerry

Last edited by gjhinshaw; 09-24-2013 at 07:51 PM.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:48 PM
rhd-RCU
My Feedback: (36)

On my Airtronics radio I just pluged in the red bec connector and I have had no problems.
Old 09-28-2013, 10:04 AM
wkevinm

I have a problem with an Advanced telemetry setup. The sensor display on my PC is updated with a Navi and I have temperature sensors a GPS sensor and an RPM sensor and a HTS-AS (airspeed) sensor. The sensor display / dashboard shows the updated temperature readings, GPS readings and RPM readings but not the airspeed reading . My TX shows all. I have the latest, I have all of the latest upgrades installed on the Tx, module and HPP-22....any experience with this? Is the NAVI deficient and not picking up that channel?

Last edited by wkevinm; 09-28-2013 at 01:06 PM. Reason: additional information
Old 09-28-2013, 12:33 PM
JIMF14D

Originally Posted by JIMF14D
So now Tower is showing "late Sept." for Aurora 9x. The beat goes on..................LOL
I see Tower is now showing "on order" for some A9x versions and various October times for others. Are we having fun yet?
Old 09-28-2013, 02:10 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

(99% of R/C Pilots and I use Pilot sparingly can't think past 20 cps much less 1024 2048 or 4096. I was at the field to day for less than an hour and a half and there were two crashs, of course it's the same guys that do it regularly. U will have to forgive them they use Spectrum radios. That's one thing U don't here any more "I GOT HIT" Must be they don't want anyone to know they bought a crap radio.
Old 09-30-2013, 03:29 PM
wkevinm

Originally Posted by wkevinm
I have a problem with an Advanced telemetry setup. The sensor display on my PC is updated with a Navi and I have temperature sensors a GPS sensor and an RPM sensor and a HTS-AS (airspeed) sensor. The sensor display / dashboard shows the updated temperature readings, GPS readings and RPM readings but not the airspeed reading . My TX shows all. I have the latest, I have all of the latest upgrades installed on the Tx, module and HPP-22....any experience with this? Is the NAVI deficient and not picking up that channel?

Maybe I will reword the question, since there was no reply to my earlier question.

Are there any users out there that are using the Advanced telemetry system and using the HTS-AS sensor for speed along with the GPS sensor and using at the same time the Navi USB hookup along with the HP22 software for the dashboard view of the sensors. If you do are there any issues with the Air Speed indicators.

Thanks
Old 09-30-2013, 08:13 PM
gjhinshaw

wk,
It sounds like there is a kink in the line somewhere.... I know that would be the easiest but gotta start there...
Old 10-01-2013, 03:03 AM
JIMF14D

Call or e-mail the Hitec support guys at the Hitec-RCD web site. Mike Mayberry and the troops have always taken good care of me.
Jim D

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.