Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 12:03 PM
JIMF14D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

Well I did not design the A9 but Ithink you are missing a big point probably. Going from a major mode like Normal to Scan is really a "start from scratch thing". The TX will be going to new channels, seeing new interference and deciding on an new "plan" to send to Rx.

If you want stay on the old plan and get dinner in the kitchen, stay in the mode you are on.

And normal mode is not single channel....it is 20 channels.

Jim D.

Old 05-24-2010, 12:37 PM
Michel

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi

Well I,m all flown out , I,ve done so much flying , it,s time to take a break . Would like to come out with a problem with the radio , BUT , it,s working GREAT .

I do have a set-up problem that , if someone would be so kind as to help , I would appreciate it .
I,m setting up an ignition KILL , on channel 5 ( retracts ,SW-F ) . right now the switch is working fine , but , the function is working like a servo and not like an ON/OFF . Is there any way of changing this . When I look at the servo monitor screen , it works like a servo would .

Any help for understanding would be a big help .

Thanks
Michel
Old 05-24-2010, 02:21 PM
Michel

Hi

On the above post , I had the servo speed set , and it was that , ( servo speed ) which made it work like a servo . I was testing the servo speed a couple of weeks ago , and used that model # to play with .

Thanks anyway ................... [8D]

Michel
Old 05-24-2010, 05:26 PM
OldRookie
My Feedback: (13)

Other than using a plane that was set up for retracts, how can you program a servo to go to the extreme throw in each direction with a flip of a toggle switch?

How do you program a simple on/off for ignition?

How can you get rid of all the planes that were created by accident or intentionally, but not needed?

Greg
Old 05-24-2010, 05:41 PM
Michel

Hi

I am absolutely positive that I didn,t ask the question , properly . But , to answer youre question , I HAVE NO IDEA ON THIS PLANET , but it works now

Michel
Old 05-24-2010, 06:12 PM
JIMF14D

My problem is that due to my flying skills, Isometimes get rid of planes that are needed!

Jim D
Old 05-24-2010, 06:45 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: OldRookie

Other than using a plane that was set up for retracts, how can you program a servo to go to the extreme throw in each direction with a flip of a toggle switch?

How can you get rid of all the planes that were created by accident or intentionally, but not needed?

Greg
You can assign a channel to a two position switch which would be -100% - +100% or any part there of with the EPA setting... wouldn't that be on/off?

You can just delete models as needed in the model select menu.

Mike.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:50 PM
Gungadin

Yes Mike, I'm sure they will ship together. But it's the end of May and I got two airplanes waiting for RX'rs, which I sent the payment in March 24th. I'm missing out on good flyin weather, my friend, and I'm not hearing any good news as to when I might get them. I should think 8 weeks is long enough to wait, but it could end up a couple more weeks before I get them. I have a contest to fly in on June 12th. It would be nice if I could use my new A9 radio.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:24 PM
Michel

ORIGINAL: JIMF14D

My problem is that due to my flying skills, I sometimes get rid of planes that are needed!

Jim D

Ya ,........................ thats KOOL [8D] , I,ll tell my friends
Old 05-24-2010, 07:26 PM
Michel

ORIGINAL: MikeMayberry

ORIGINAL: OldRookie

Greg
You can assign a channel to a two position switch which would be -100% - +100% or any part there of with the EPA setting... wouldn't that be on/off?

You can just delete models as needed in the model select menu.

Mike.
Hey Mike

You did understand what I wanted ,.................... good man

Michel
Old 05-24-2010, 07:51 PM
MikeMayberry

ORIGINAL: Gungadin

Yes Mike, I'm sure they will ship together. But it's the end of May and I got two airplanes waiting for RX'rs, which I sent the payment in March 24th. I'm missing out on good flyin weather, my friend, and I'm not hearing any good news as to when I might get them. I should think 8 weeks is long enough to wait, but it could end up a couple more weeks before I get them. I have a contest to fly in on June 12th. It would be nice if I could use my new A9 radio.

I agree... We're supposed to get them this week.

I'll tell you what... if by chance there is some reason that you don't get them in time for your contest, I'll pull one out of one of my personal planes and let you use it for the event.

Fair enough?!?!?

ORIGINAL: michel gravelle

Hey Mike

Michel
What can I tell ya... sometimes a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then too!

Mike.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:28 PM
Gungadin

Geez Mike. Now I feel like a bandit ! Not my style to hold you hostage. If you get them in the next week I should be OK. Very kind of you for sure. Despite what everyone says about you, you really are a good guy. LOL, Peace.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:01 PM
Michel

ORIGINAL: MikeMayberry

ORIGINAL: Gungadin

I agree... We're supposed to get them this week.

I'll tell you what... if by chance there is some reason that you don't get them in time for your contest, I'll pull one out of one of my personal planes and let you use it for the event.

Fair enough?!?!?

Hey Mike

Michel
What can I tell ya... sometimes a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then too!

Mike.
Hi
You are absolutely right ,.......................... but it,s the second mouse that gets the cheese Must be an awfully skinny squirrel

It,s been a beautiful week-end here , must be all the sun I,ve been getting
Old 05-24-2010, 10:55 PM
chocorrol

I just ordered my A9 last week, and I was wondering... will it come with the latest firmware? or should I still update it as soon as I get it?
Old 05-25-2010, 12:30 AM
MikeMayberry

V1.06 is the current firmware. V1.07 is not due until later next month so you won't be able to do anything until then.

Mike.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:16 AM
JIMF14D

Gees.............buy some dam Rxs and stop whining. You will only need those 2 coupon Rx for the rest of your life?

Get over it!
Jim D
Old 05-25-2010, 07:30 AM
ExcaliburIII

Maybe he's like me and only has three planes!!! Not everyone has fifty planes and 10 choppers and boats and cars!
Old 05-25-2010, 09:08 AM
Chillybee
My Feedback: (3)

If I use a separate battery to power my reciever and another to power my servos, which voltage will the Aurora display on the LCD?
Old 05-25-2010, 10:13 AM
lafjax

ORIGINAL: Chillybee

If I use a separate battery to power my reciever and another to power my servos, which voltage will the Aurora display on the LCD?
The receiver (SPC) voltage will be shown, not the servo voltage.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:37 AM
czaiss

There is too much complaining about when the FREE receivers are shipping. Grow up. When was the last time you were offered 2 receivers for the price of 1/2 receiver.NEVER before. Your basicallyjust paying for the shipping. If you desperately need one now, buy one from someone who has it in stock, sell one when you get it or keep it and use it too.

Keep in mind some people ordered radios in june 2009 and got them in december. You should be able to survive a couple months. Im betting you have other radios you can use in the mean time as well.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:22 PM
Michel

ORIGINAL: czaiss

There is too much complaining about when the FREE receivers are shipping. Grow up. When was the last time you were offered 2 receivers for the price of 1/2 receiver. NEVER before. Your basically just paying for the shipping. If you desperately need one now, buy one from someone who has it in stock, sell one when you get it or keep it and use it too.

Keep in mind some people ordered radios in june 2009 and got them in december. You should be able to survive a couple months. Im betting you have other radios you can use in the mean time as well.
Hi

Simple ,............................... It,s that time of the year this is what we do , as a HOBBY , WE FLY , and we changed our radio,s systems .

Hitec , SHOULD , have foreseen this . And youre blaming , US . .................................. OK
Old 05-25-2010, 07:25 PM
bgw45

Simple ,............................... It,s that time of the year this is what we do , as a HOBBY , WE FLY , and we changed our radio,s systems .

Hitec , SHOULD , have foreseen this . And youre blaming , US . .................................. OK
Yep, me too. If you can afford to fly gas, just buy a receiver to tide you over till you get the additional free ones. Whine out!
Old 05-25-2010, 09:01 PM
Minnreefer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am sure that no one is happy how all of this has turned out. I am on a tight budget, I can't afford to buy 2 extra rx when I bought the radio early to get the deal. I should have waited and bought one now, it might have been cheaper and I could go buy more rx for the same price. If a company makes a statement, pushes a deadline for that statement and then does not follow thru with that statement, I will be a bit bitter. At one time they got a shipment of 9 channels in, many companies would have subed the 9 for the 7.

We can complain and you can complain about us complaining, neither will do any good, but there is a saying about the number of friends an unhappy customer tells vs a happy customer.

Jon
Old 05-25-2010, 09:08 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love these posts with the Hi-Tec Minions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! They made the offer of free recievers they should be able to deliver in a timely manner. There is nothing wrong with that expectation especially if you bought the radio and that was what closed the deal.

The real question do they have all the problems worked out of the software with the new update?

Was at the field Sunday and a unexplained P-51 crash that was flying errattic and the pilot has been flying this airplane for two years but had just installed a new Aurora-it was only responding to inputs every 5-6 seconds and he lost it -he stated he had over $1700 in the big bird and it was a total loss after it struck the concrete from 100' high.

Old 05-25-2010, 11:29 PM
czaiss

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say, he probably did a range check, and held the button too long putting it in scan mode. Or at one point had it in scan mode then put it back not realizing how critical a mistake it was not to relink all the receivers. Sounds exactly like what my dads did and fits with our knowledge of how the system works. The key difference is that we didsome more extensive preflight checking and noticed on the ground that although the surfaces were moving in the correct direction, they werent doing itsmoothly. Im pretty sure we discussed similar stepping and so forth weeks ago. There is a good probability that at least a few of the 20 channels will be the same while scanning or after coming back out of scan. These are the only moments that you will have control.

Maybe they could change it in the firmware to make it a little harder to change, ie 10 or 15 seconds instead of 6. Where the range check is 2 or 3. So far they havent released any firmware upgrades for the module or receivers. Or fix the channel reasignment to auto update the receivers channel listings to whatever the transmitter has. As long as the link ID is correct and at least one channel is stillcommon to communicate with.

TIGHT BUDGET, then buy an optic.
I've never heard of anyone on a tight budget buying a 9 channel radio, then again they werent so affordable till now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.