Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Rudder servo zero

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2003, 02:33 PM
JimRoss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rudder servo zero

I have a Futaba 6 channel radion, non computer, and my rudder servo is not zeroed. Is there any way I can go in the radio or the servo and change the zero setting. No matter which way I put the servo arm on the post it still comes out offset a little.

Also on my rudder pull pull system, how much tension should there be on the cables to the rudder?
Old 06-24-2003, 03:16 PM
3DME

Hi Jim,

Not familiar with Futaba but you should have a "sub-trim" menu for all channels. Get the arm as close as possible and then adjust your position using the rudder sub-trim feature.

As for the tension, you should have a fair amount but not so much that you are flexing the servo arm. Somewhere between playing a tune on it and having it flapping in the breeze is fine.

Matt
Old 06-24-2003, 03:28 PM
JimRoss

Originally posted by 3DME
Hi Jim,

Not familiar with Futaba but you should have a "sub-trim" menu for all channels. Get the arm as close as possible and then adjust your position using the rudder sub-trim feature.

As for the tension, you should have a fair amount but not so much that you are flexing the servo arm. Somewhere between playing a tune on it and having it flapping in the breeze is fine.

Matt
Mine is not a computer radio. All I have is the rudder trim slider below the stick. I kinda wanted it to come out with that slider at mid position. Surely there must be a pot somewhere I can adjust.
Old 06-24-2003, 07:42 PM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've always been able to get the horn to line up be rotating it either 90 or 180 degrees on the output shaft.

Pull/pull cables should be snug, but not so tight they sing like a guitar string. Make sure you are using a BB servo with your pull/pull installation or you will wear out the final gear in short order.

John
Old 06-24-2003, 07:56 PM
3 Channel Brain

Default Servo zero

Those 4 arm jobs are supposed to split a spline differently
evevey 90deg .mine dident either so I got a round one from lhs & drilled it where I wanted & cut away for clearance with a zona saw. Don't look like factory but is where i wanted to go.