Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Sailboats
Reload this Page >

Northwind 28 - Rigging question

Community
Search
Notices
RC Sailboats For all your r/c sailing needs, post here.

Northwind 28 - Rigging question

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2021, 11:39 AM
bigdaddyort

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey mfr02 - Sorry for the delay was out sick.

Great suggestions and I will definitly implement them. Hoping to get it on the water within the next month during a vacation so excited to see it on its maiden! Will update once complete.

Thanks again for your help and suggestions

Old 03-16-2021, 03:26 AM
Retiredat38
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What I have seen done for this type of hatch is to take what the airplane guys call wing saddle tape. It is a dense foam tape of various thicknesses and widths. They put it on the inside of the hatch along the outer edge so when the hatch is closed the tape contacts the edge of the lip on the boat. Guys have told me they have never had any water get in when using this method. The tape comes as thin as 1/8 inch and is not porous. Hence water will not soak through it.
Old 03-21-2021, 05:26 PM
AEK42

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I understand that the state of Wisconsin was the antenna for the very low frequency transmissions to submarines. My group did mapping for it.
Old 03-22-2021, 10:25 AM
Retiredat38
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by AEK42
I understand that the state of Wisconsin was the antenna for the very low frequency transmissions to submarines. My group did mapping for it.
I believe you're referring to the ELF system. And yes, northern Wisconsin contained part of the antenna with Minnesota containing the rest. What they did was to take upwards of 1500 miles of high power electrical transmission lines out of the power grid and that became the long wire antenna. I know they tried different lengths and what they settled at I don't know. It quite literally thumped the ground and took that route to the subs.
Old 01-17-2022, 05:16 PM
ronspitz

I just got a Northwind 28 and could you tell me what model servos you are using. As you know the kit does not come with servos. Thanks
Old 01-23-2022, 12:25 PM
bigdaddyort

Hey sorry about that -wast able to post. I used

ANNIMOS 25kg RC Digital Servo Large Torque High Speed Full Metal Gear Waterproof 180 Degree Control Angle Red

off of amazon. they were only around $20 each at the time. Im going to have to look around again as I just got a Thunder Tiger Victoria basically new old stock from a guy on marketplace. Only got the boat out once or twice last year and definitely needs some work. The hatch is a major issue that I need to take care of.