Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

rcTABU-MAKO ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 02:17 AM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: rcTABU-MAKO ?

I haven't seen many four figure tanks running around our battlefield lately. What is it with you guys. Everytime there is coment about a product for HL Tamiya gets slammed. Can;t afford, don't buy one. spend 6 or 7 hundred on an HL or Mato.
Old 03-21-2012, 03:02 AM
tomhugill

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

I can't see any comments doing down Tamiya in this thread
Old 03-21-2012, 06:55 AM
pilot lite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wil here, I tried the mako unit at the nead battle day sunday. greg is right it makes recieves hits. does the HEN LONG" shimy" when hit and the hen long" 2 step" on the 5th hit then turns off. no slow up.

Old 03-21-2012, 08:02 AM
Baron Fel

You guys are really overlooking the possible use for this. As a club you should have a few of these on hand to put on new players HL tanks that show up at a event. "plug and play" and off they go running with the big dog's.( Good point Capt. Action.) these are a GOOD thing to help the sport grow even though it has some weak points. As far as your comment Panther G, the elitist attitude of most Tamiya purest tankers is the end result of what your talking about. For me it was more cost effective to buy the HL Tiger and upgrade part by part when I got the money than spent $1000 right off the bat. And most of us know why that is. . ." Home 6" (spouse).

Baron

Message editedfor really bad gramer and spelling.
<o></o>

Old 03-21-2012, 08:11 AM
tomhugill

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

I haven't seen much of this so called elitistness since that metal mato tiger thread, and to be fair look how that product ended up! When people advocate buying a Tamiya it's not some sort of p***ing contest just advice. In the end if the path you follow makes you happy then you've done well and good on ya!

Old 03-21-2012, 10:09 AM
wright 971

Hi I tested 2 of these boards last weekend at a local meeting we had,They are simple to fit they are true plug and play as far as the board goes,but you do need to fit the emmitter in a tube.They are very basic,I would recommend them for new guys ,the range of the battle unit may be poor (didnt get chance to test range)But even this can be fixed but fitting more sensors.They do work with Tamiya systems, they even work with WSN tanks(as Does the SLU which I found out at the weekend) .

On the whole they are a very good starter system for new guys or even younger members(do you want your 8 year old grandson to drive your Tamiya)You can buy an I.R tank and fit this system and still have change from £100 ($150) not bad and if your grandson breaks it there cheap and easy to fix. un like your tamiya.
    These boards are a good way to get people into the hobby cheap to start ,once they have tried it and like it,then they start to spend money on either upgrades to the one they have or buy a Tamiya.

regards pete
Old 03-21-2012, 01:11 PM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Most of my Ttanks are HL tanks when they started. I have only 2 actuall Tamiya tanks. The point I was making is you cant have a conversation about this subject without some one making a comparison remark.
My observation of how the MAKO operated was just that. A report on it's function on the field with other tanks Tamiya / DBC included.
Cost is always an issue in any hobby. When the gentelman who joined us on Sunday told us he had one of the Mako boards we where all excited to see how it performed. I will promote just about any product that improves the hobby as long as it does what it is advertised to do.
We are so used to hearing the Tam Vs HL argument that just shows up in the conversation by some one just about every time.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:39 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How much do these cost?

Old 03-21-2012, 03:24 PM
pilot lite

wil here i got mine for 29bucks. free shiping to