Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Elmod Installation problem

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Elmod Installation problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 10:26 AM
Kampfwagen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Elmod Installation problem

Hello to everyone!

I have a Heng long Tiger I, and recently I decided to install Elmod main board in combination with the Blaster III. I used a E-Sky 6 channel transmitter and receiver system (72Mhz) from an heli (economy is not great at home!jejeje).

The problems are: 1-Steering and accelerationThe motors doesn't move properly (when turn in any direction or move forward or backwards) they take time to move or only one motor moves very slowly.
2- Turret connection to the Think tank Board-Any one knows how to do a proper connection?I followed instructions from Elmod manual (I used the cable) I don't like it.
3- I am affraid that problem number 1 is related to the channel distribution on the receiverif that is the case any one knows how my transmitter works I want to know wich stick, knob or switch is associated to the channels.

Thank you in advance to all of you. I am very desperate, I want to see my Tiger move again!

Regards from Barcelona!
Old 12-21-2009, 02:18 PM
DeadTom

Default RE: Elmod Installation problem

Kampfwagen,
The Esky 6-channel heli radio has mixing built into the functionality which means that the CCPM on the right stick (mode 2) will move three servos (pitch, aileron and elevator) the left stick will be throttle and rudder. And also when you increase the left stick for throttle it will move the swash plate servos accordingly either positive or negative. Might I ask how you have the rx connected to the tank?
DT
Old 12-21-2009, 07:15 PM
Kampfwagen

Thank you DeadTom for responding so quickly!
What do you mean by Rx? The color wires connected to the receiver? If is that, well, I have been swaping them between the channels many times. Do you recomend using mode 2? By the way what CCPM stands for?
Thank you very much for your help
Old 12-22-2009, 12:05 PM
DeadTom

By Rx I mean the receiver that is located in the tank. And no you can use mode 1 or mode 2, here in the USA we mostly use mode 2.
CCPM stands for Cyclic/Collective Pitch Mixing, this is what is programmed into the Esky 6-channel radio that you are using and will make it unuseable for your tank. When you move the throttle stick up on the radio 2 things will take place 1)the motor speed increases, and 2)the channels marked with Aileron, Elevator and Pitch(Aux) will also move the servos controlling the swashplate on the helicopter. The mixing of the 4 channels is tied to movement of the ratcheted stick which is usually the throttle stick in heli radios.
In short what I am saying is that the Esky 6-channel radio that you are attempting to use for a tank will probably never work because the radio is permanently mixed for use with helicopters and is unsuitable for use with anything else.
I suggest you use a non-helicopter radio or if you can get a computer radio that will support different model types get it.
Good luck,
DT
Old 12-22-2009, 05:12 PM
Kampfwagen

Thank you very much Deadtom I will ask Santa a new radio!
Old 12-22-2009, 05:26 PM
DeadTom

I am glad I could help you and hopefully you have been a good boy all year long so Santa will bring you that new radio.
Good luck and merry Christmas,
DT
Old 12-22-2009, 06:02 PM
Kampfwagen

Deadtom,

Any recommendation, since I don't know so much about radios in want something that is easy to program and install, I need something like plug and go. Thank you
Old 12-22-2009, 06:53 PM
DeadTom

This is a touchy subject with any type of RC vehicle, alot of people will try to sway a new person one way or another to the system that they are currently using.
I have had older Futaba, Airtronics, Cirrus and JR radios and about 4-5 years ago I purchased a Spektrum DX7 and I use it with some of my planes and all of my helicopters. I have been very happy with this radio and receivers that I have purchased, I will say that just about any new 2.4ghz radio will be just fine for you.
The thing you must ask yourself is what else are you going to do with that radio as far as any other RC vehicles, helis, planes or tanks.
Personally I am looking into the DX5 or the DX6i for my next small radio purchase for use with tanks and small planes/helis.
It comes down to a price that you can afford and the features that you desire, having said that you can get by with a nice 4 channel radio for use with tanks. If you can get more channels do it, in the future when you want to add some other control onto your tank you will already have a radio to use. And if you get a nice computer radio you can use it with more than one model and reduce the number of extra transmitters hanging around.
DT
Old 01-01-2010, 11:37 PM
hann314

will a jr sport sx600 radio and receiver work with a rc tank it says its a computer radio 72 mhz.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:25 PM
Wibblywobbly

You might find that this site helps:

[link]http://www.hitenter.co.uk/elmod[/link]
Old 01-05-2010, 05:32 PM
cheap tank

google the radio if it is like mine you can change the mixing on it. i ran in to the same thing a few years ago and the switches are inside but i do not remember the combination.