RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Tanks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/)
-   -   Clark electronics TK20 (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/11137871-clark-electronics-tk20.html)

mustclime 01-05-2013 06:46 AM

RE: Clark electronics TK20

thanks...thats what I needed....what do I do with the other turret functions like gun flash and elevation? The turret already rotates.

Look, I am sure Clark is not at falt....it has to be me, here is what I have...

1 desktop running windows xp with Internet explorer 8, AOL, and Norton with mywarebytes....
1 laptop running windows 7, Internet explorer 8 ,AOL,Norton,spybot...........

they both used to read Clark....now nether of them do

when I go to sign onto clark, the bothsay "website found waiting for reply"......I get the little circle thingie for a whileand then the screen I posted saying the site is not found.....I have asked AOL if its them and they say no, I have asked my cable company if it them and they say no.....I have scanned both computers for anything that could be an issue, looked for bots that could be blocking ether computer, cleaned up the hard drives, looked for registry errors...........in short spent over 5 hours messing with computers instead or working on a tank......since I do not see anyone else having an issue, I think it is my cable company limiting overseas band width.....but that is just a guess as they will not admit it.

Sorry if I have been coming across wrong, I hate eletronics....if anyone asked my opinion, it would have been nice to include instructions with the unit rather than relaying on a web connection...I know thats old fashioned butI am old so IMO its OK to be old fashioned....

YHR 01-05-2013 07:03 AM

Written instruction cost money to produce and mail. One of the reasons this board is so inexpensive is that Clark is keeping all his costs at a mimimum. He has a website, and is counting on us to some degree to help each other out.

It looks like Freaky is going to be selling these, so that might be an option for you in the future. Get them from Freaky, and then you can get the help you need somewhat locally. It will probasbly end up costing you a few bucks more as I doubt Freaky can ship them for $3.00, but you will have him to lean on to help you through any issues you might have.

Green Amphibian 01-05-2013 07:30 AM

Scott, do you need me to print out the instructions and send them to you? PM me with your address if so.

Herman

tomhugill 01-05-2013 07:41 AM

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d1...ury/null-3.png<div>
</div>http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d1...ury/null-4.png<div>
</div>http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d1...ury/null-5.png<div>
</div><div>There you go Scott if you need any more let me know</div>

STO_118 01-05-2013 08:45 AM

Mustclime I would ditch Norton, it usually is just a resource hog and not a very good one at that. You could also try clearing your cache which might help if not already done. <div>
</div><div>Having a brief thread browse I am kind of glad I ditched the chance to supply these. As a retailer you really can't sell a product of dubious functionality as you get lynched for it, or end up out of pocket. </div><div>
</div><div>Regarding beta testing, and plug and play. Plug and play is essentially that, you plug it in and it works. Clark admitted in the past he was using the initial batches to test and improve his product. While this might not exactly be the right thing to do he is a small business with investments so really needs to get the return ASAP. As a business selling them I couldn't take the risk. </div><div>
</div><div>Regarding software releasing unfinished products, they do take millions now to produce with staff in the 100's based from worldwide offices. Comparing todays software releases, in particular to gaming, with the good old days when things generally worked (unless they were made by Novalogic) isn't quite the same. </div>

tomhugill 01-05-2013 08:55 AM

Most people are running Clark boards without issue. If you read the thread Scott's issue was an HL volume pot. Trying to install something without instructions is always going to be tricky! Sure there where teething problems in the past but they seem to have been resolved. Where there where issues support from Clark seemed very good.

Just because software has gotten more complicated is not excuse for publishers to pressure studios into releasing unfinished rubbish, see cliffs of Dover and silent hunter 5......

ORIGINAL: STO_118

Mustclime I would ditch Norton, it usually is just a resource hog and not a very good one at that. You could also try clearing your cache which might help if not already done.<div></div><div>Having a brief thread browse I am kind of glad I ditched the chance to supply these. As a retailer you really can't sell a product of dubious functionality as you get lynched for it, or end up out of pocket.</div><div></div><div>Regarding beta testing, and plug and play. Plug and play is essentially that, you plug it in and it works. Clark admitted in the past he was using the initial batches to test and improve his product. While this might not exactly be the right thing to do he is a small business with investments so really needs to get the return ASAP. As a business selling them I couldn't take the risk.</div><div></div><div>Regarding software releasing unfinished products, they do take millions now to produce with staff in the 100's based from worldwide offices. Comparing todays software releases, in particular to gaming, with the good old days when things generally worked (unless they were made by Novalogic) isn't quite the same.</div>

mustclime 01-05-2013 09:18 AM

Not sure where you arepulling this from......doI think Clark is without falt....no.....I was kinda surprised they called them selfs tamiya compatible anddid not include battle damage power down with the first batch of cards......thats a strike against clark imo....but they seem to have fixed that....theresister limiting irrange(so asto not burn up the hl irbulb)was also a surprise but they seem to have fixedthat as well.....but theyseem to be responsive to suggestions for improvement and thats more than I cansay about tamiya.

Last night I wa****wing out to scale a 1:16 scale E-10 from panzer tracts, you want to know something? There is no way you could run that tank with tamiya guts, they would take up so much space, there would be no room for motors or batteries.....but you could run it witha Clark board.......and have room for the gun workings and a custom battery....you guys out there thinking about a hezter build(or e-25), take note...in this hobby. any options aregood optons....I just wish I was better with this wiring stuff..........

STO_118 01-05-2013 09:19 AM

Seems to be quite a few, not life threatening issues. Recalls don't exactly inspire confidence. From emails I had with Clark he has some big plans but I think he needs to concentrate on one product and one product only and make that work. He is very keen to get a product on the market that works though so I am sure his support will always be there. Not much use to a retailer though, not when customers just open Paypal disputes against you without telling you why! :)

I think the issue with space has killed the Hetzer project we were working on, it basically required everything to be re-made just for this tank, there just wasn't enough room to squeeze everything in to have the functionality expected.

Just because software has gotten more complicated is not excuse for publishers to pressure studios into releasing unfinished rubbish, see cliffs of Dover and silent hunter 5......
I think it is more complicated than that. Yes publishers do pressure companies to get their work finished, but then again publishers are the ones financing the product in the first place. Without their money, usually paid up front there would be no games at all. Something people never bring up is that when the deals are made they are made on the basis that the design company finishes the product in a certain time. If games get pushed to gold and it is unfinished the issue lies with the software company not doing their jobs. A lot of games are just crap because the company making them didn't think it through.

From recent memory games like Star Trek Online, a huge IP and money maker and the original company spent three years making the game only to have concept art to show for it. As I said you hear a lot of it online, like it is all the publishers fauly "X" product doesn't work, isn't finished etc. very few blame the design house.<br type="_moz" />

mustclime 01-05-2013 09:22 AM

ORIGINAL: Green Amphibian

Scott, do you need me to print out the instructions and send them to you? PM me with your address if so.

Herman

Thanks, I think bret is sending me a copy so i should be ok by the end of the week.....now if I could be my work bench warm enought to paint.....its about 35 degrees right now.....

mustclime 01-05-2013 10:29 AM

lol....I loaded firefox and searched Clark and got this.......

The connection has timed out

The server at www.clark-model.com is taking too long to respond.
</p>

</p>

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

</p>

Rebellion13 01-05-2013 10:35 AM

My lord. Ok I am out of solutions then lol. I know it gets frustrating when things don't work the way they should. I was going to send you the instructions but Bret beat me to it. Has to be your ISP, I have been using Firefox for years without any problems with any site. I wish it would have worked for you. At least now you can get your TK hooked up

Cheers
Wade

B.A.D.A.S.S.Force 01-05-2013 10:39 AM

I sent mustclime a good link to the entire Clark TK20 Series latest information website page in PDF form acouple days ago by PM.
There was nothing wrong with the link or the file, it was tested several times &amp; by different people for both viewing the PDF file online, &amp; for direct download of the file so it could be opened directly from the computer.

In a return PM he told me all 37 pages were blank when he clicked my link, &amp; he saw nothing. I PM'ed him a second time to explain to him the file was OK, &amp; that there was also a direct download link available on the same web page screen that should be showing the PDF file onscreen, even if he was (temporarily) only seeing a blank screen in the area where the PDF should be showing. All he had to do was click the download link where the file would have been downloaded directly to his computer &amp; he should have been able to then easily open the PDF file to see it locally.

The PDF file can take a very long time to generate the online viewing of it on MediaFire where it is kept, &amp; can be so even with very quick internet connections some times, so I'm sure he just didn't give the entire file enough time to load into the browser, or at least not enough time where some of the pages might first start to showin the browser window, or it was once again an issue with his internet connection. Well, I have already tried twice to help get him the guide he needed, but without success. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...used_smile.gif

I since deleted the original PDF link, but have decided it may be of use to others on the forum, so I reinstated the link for anyone else interested =&gt; TK20 Series Guide (1/3/2013 Edition)

If Clark doesn't want me to provide this PDF, I will delete the link.

~ Craig ~

Rebellion13 01-05-2013 10:49 AM

Just tried your link, the first time I got the blank pages, the second time though worked fine. And I used my iPhone. Link works fine

Cheers
Wade

mustclime 01-05-2013 11:29 AM

I see that one.....can't print it,,,,but I can see it.

B.A.D.A.S.S.Force 01-05-2013 11:34 AM

ORIGINAL: mustclime

I see that one.....can't print it,,,,but I can see it.
Don't print it from the web browser view, use the Download link from the right side of the page &amp; download the file to your computer, then open up the file, you should easily be able to print it.

~ Craig ~

FreakyDude 01-05-2013 11:41 AM

I am going to set up a downlaod page on my web today, you will be able to get the instructions from that.

mustclime 01-05-2013 12:55 PM

wow, its a shame that cn2 and j1 do not match the tamiya plugs from the battle unit, any ideas on where i can get plugs and pins that will match those?

the radioshack by me has more or less turned into a phone shop.....

Rebellion13 01-05-2013 04:42 PM

RadioShack is the same way near me. It's a shame to, I loved going to that store.

Cheers
Wade

tomhugill 01-05-2013 05:51 PM

Not sure if it works in reverse but I used the male 5 pin plug that goes into the cn2 on my Tamiya electronics.

Rebellion13 01-06-2013 04:55 PM

ORIGINAL: FreakyDude

Wade Yes I will have stock on the remotes, TBU bases, wiring, switches etc etc shortly. I have been using a clark board for a little bit as well so I could learn how to support it. I am a try and do person that hates manuals even though I do read them.

ORIGINAL: Rebellion13

Freaky, I see on Clark's website that you will be carrying these boards. Will you also carry the accessories? Like the tamiya apple base, Sony remote, etc. I think the way that I am going to go with my Sherman build is to go with the waltersons gears and a TK-22

Cheers
Wade

Thanks Freaky, I will be keeping an eye on your site

mustclime 01-07-2013 10:49 AM

well I hit radioshack and an electronics store....no luck with the cn2 and j1 pins....any ideas?

Love To build 01-07-2013 11:03 AM

I found the HL connectors at Digikey. They are called XH connectors. Heres the link to the 3 pin http://www.digikey.com/scripts/DKSea...31602275723260. It took a while to ID it

MAUS45 01-07-2013 11:48 AM

Love To Build, when I tried your link it says part not found?

Love To build 01-07-2013 12:00 PM

Here's the Digikey part number 455-2219-ND . Go to the site and search that number.

MAUS45 01-07-2013 12:03 PM

Thanks, It will be good to have a source for these!!!