Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Thunder tiger ST-1

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 06:30 PM
The Hedgehog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Thunder tiger ST-1

ORIGINAL: ericem

Ya it's pretty normal. RTR's never have the wheels glued properly. Go over it, pull all around the tires I am sure you will find a unglued spot. Main issue is it has normal foams which aren't that great to begin with.
That's what I figured, a hack job at gluing the tires made them out of balance. Thanks Eric.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:35 PM
madmax22

Hey Jombo my MBX5T wheel hub extensions just arrived 2 days ago and i finally put them on last night. It looks awesome now, really wide and i run the LRP Holeshot's so it looks like a real machine. I cant wait to get back out on the track and see how they handle. I also got some 7000,30000 and 1000 diff oils to try

I think its LPR little buddy lets see some pics!
Old 03-11-2008, 06:40 PM
jombo

i just got mine today too i am gona try them on the xtm28 st1 WITH THE PULL START lol .i put one on to see what it looked like and i am in shock on how wide it got. i have the +1 from losi but these are much wider . i actually got them by accident and didnt want anything that wide but after i tryed them i like alot. i posted before it would be too wide with the +2 from losi but these must be at least 1/2 offset and on 1/2 offset tires man i can run 40 series tires now . i am not trying anything though till next month because i dont want to break anything.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:52 PM
madmax22

WITH THE PULL START
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! poor little jombo..........
Old 03-11-2008, 07:14 PM
Pexeter

Ok, im back from break in...The results:

After some adjustments got it started and ran through the break in procedure. This thing hauls ASS first off. But on my last tank of gas I thought I would hit the bump going on the sand->grass transition and it nose dived and flipped and landed upright. I thought it was awesome, but I walked over to find the screw that holds on the air filter came off, so I had to stop running:

But while looking for that screw I found this one, does anyone know where it might go?:

and after looking over the truck have no idea if it came off the truck (which it definitely looks like it did) but cant find any missing or broken screws. Also the front body post broke off so I'll have to buy a new one. Can one of you check out your truck and tell me if this is supposed to look like this or is mine bent?(the part right in the middle of the pic) :

Well, all in all, it was fun and the truck runs great. Now I just have to get a replacement filter screw (why doesnt the truck come with spare parts!?) and a new body post.

Oh, one more thing, is it ok to take a hose to it or is that not a good idea?
Old 03-11-2008, 07:22 PM
ericem

Mine is bent and so is all my friends cars lol. I just turn the screw so it faces the bend the opposite direction. You must have landed on the rear a few times. That screw looks like it goes to a body post [:'(] Actually even in your pics I see your post is missing XD You should run with your body on.

BTW are you cleaning the filter or something? be sure to put it back on lol.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:26 PM
Pexeter

Mine is bent and so is all my friends cars lol. I just turn the screw so it faces the bend the opposite direction. You must have landed on the rear a few times. That screw looks like it goes to a body post [:'(] Actually even in your pics I see your post is missing XD You should run with your body on.

yeah, I took the body post out, its broke in half, you can see it in the pic next to the mysterious screw. Well, I was "breaking it in" so I was running without the body [&:] lol, yep, I took it off to clean. Do they sell screw kits & body post on Amain?
Old 03-11-2008, 07:31 PM
spikeman

ORIGINAL: Pexeter

yeah, I took the body post out, its broke in half, you can see it in the pic next to the mysterious screw. Well, I was "breaking it in" so I was running without the body [&:] lol, yep, I took it off to clean. Do they sell screw kits & body post on Amain?
yes they do
Old 03-11-2008, 07:32 PM
ericem

Ya but it's expensive. These are the best screws though or atleast equal to TT screws.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/21867

Kind of pricey I think they are just expensive because they aren't in stock yet.

Here is the body posts.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/4910
Old 03-11-2008, 07:38 PM
Pexeter

Alright, i'll think of something else, no way im paying $41+ just for a tiny screw! And is it ok to spray it off with a hose or should I carefully wipe it down by hand?
Old 03-11-2008, 07:47 PM
ericem

You should bag the servo's first main way water gets in is the servo splines. It is also a good idea to buy some caps to plug the exhaust and the carb. Thats what I do. OR you can just soak down the servo's in WD40 and be sure not to aim directly at the servo's. The receiver should be pretty tight. Again don't directly spray it with way. At the end hand dry it best you can and look in the receiver box for water just incase. Then spray a light mist over the truck with silicone lube or wd40.

You can also remove the electronics simply by removing only 5 screws from the bottom and you have to remove the servo horns before you do that. IMO I hate having to do all that EVERY time I want to clean it.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:57 PM
JChrisjohn

well I almost made it a gallon threw the st-1 today with out breaking something, was haveing a hard time controlling it, I guess when I cartwheeled it I snapped the servo saver, oh well, wish I would have done it yesterday befor I put $100 order at AMAIN in. I ordered the ace 1313 servo for steering does anyone run this . I also took the shims off the top front a arms and added 3/16 fuel line to the back side of the pin, no more play and should be shock resistant, will see, also gave the efect of thicker shock oil, any performs great, will post vid later when my wife gets to it. by doing this I can turn on a dime, can't wait to see what the new servo and steering mod does with my set up, can't imagin it any better, I did sacrifice a little straight line stabability but can be made up with m,ore practice, I guess. also I recomend tieing three nots in the pull starter before ever yanking it, mine started 2 nd pull and ever since the same. can some one give me link to a sp[are pull starter, and a crowd pleazer body that will fit, sorry for all the type O's including that one I had a few Margaritas to night, LOL I read all the post here keep it up guy's.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:59 PM
chedster

Ace 1313 should be great for steering, I was running the ace 1015 in steering but replaced it with the hitec 5955 and put the ace on throttle duty. Set your EPA if you have it.
I'm running this body and it fits great pretty stiff though.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/8875
Old 03-11-2008, 08:02 PM
ericem

lol good to hear. Here is the roto start

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/5784

Can't find the pullstart hmm...

About the loose servo saver try tightening it up after wearing it in a few times the spring gets loose. You might have lost a screw in the steering rack as well look.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:06 PM
JChrisjohn

I do not like roto start, I would rather have bump box, never been happier with the revo box, for the revo, and I cracked the hell out of the servo saver, I guess I will get the red allum one, is there any issues with e the pull start besides it comeing apart??
Old 03-11-2008, 08:12 PM
ericem

Not really. Just get a bumpstart though. Only $50 for this compact ofna box which is very poweful as well. That sucks that you craked the servo saver. I can't believe it. I took some pretty bad hits, but my friends take x10 harder hits and never broke it even in -10C weather. Where did it crack?

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/11556

Right now I am using my friends hyper starter box I tried the box I linked its really nice. Mainly love it because its so compact. Even though I need to car the starter box its not a big deal. Now adays I just play with the sportwerks chaos I bought on the street anyways so I will mainly be racing the st-1. Looks dumb being the only guy tehre with the drill starter... except MT guys. I might buy that starter box in a few days. Also here is the body forgot.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/8875

They also come pre painted.

Old 03-11-2008, 08:14 PM
Pexeter

ORIGINAL: revo238

I do not like roto start, I would rather have bump box, never been happier with the revo box, for the revo, and I cracked the hell out of the servo saver, I guess I will get the red allum one, is there any issues with e the pull start besides it comeing apart??
No, i dont think so. Once you break it in, it should start right up no problem. BTW, I purchased a whole new filter kit for $10 instead of a $40 bag of screws! Thanks for looking though!
Old 03-11-2008, 08:16 PM
ericem

Wait you didn't already buy it did you lol.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/5760

Buy a separate filter housing.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:23 PM
Pexeter

Wait you didn't already buy it did you lol.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/5760

Buy a separate filter housing.

Please explain...I needed just the screw that holds the cap on the filter, those just look like replacement filters. BTW, how often should I change the filter?
Old 03-11-2008, 08:29 PM
JChrisjohn

well I was doing a full throttle run,( always on the lean side just a tad) down the 75 yard small whoop section, ( made for rideing dirt bikes on) and lost it when I skipped a couple and clipped the top of one of the whoops it was sweet, I am going to post video later on after I do some bob cat work, when I am done I should have 10 acres of playground, whoo hoo!!
Old 03-11-2008, 08:32 PM
madmax22

i'd richen it running lean isnt good.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:38 PM
ericem

Oh never mind pexeter. lol. Why not just get a screw? I am sure you can find a screw similar in size somewhere. Even if its a bit larger.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:50 PM
JChrisjohn

how is a little lean not good, I get 8 gallons out of a motor , good enough for me, and when I say lean I mean right on, I have been tuning 2- stroke engins for 20 yrs. there is a very fine line between great and right on.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:53 PM
ericem

Ya I run my engines the same and they usually end up lasting more then 10-15 gallons. I prefer to save fuel and get the most performance then go slow and waste fuel.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:59 PM
JChrisjohn

right on I say 8 because I have never kept one any longer, I think the longest I have kept a truck is 3 mounths, love to build them and give some one a hell of a deal, I think I will hold on to this one I can not build another 2000 dollar truck and sell it for 500, my wife will cut me where it counts[X(] whats so good about the red alum parts anyway if the stockers never break, I am getting them cause they look diffrent, I know thats a dumb thing to do , but I would rather dress my truck up have my wife talk me into spending it all on her closet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.