Some more of our plans for #2.
- new D&L air system
- Graeme Mears detail parts (this is a nice set of parts if you haven't seen them yet)
- full lighting system (including the scale cockpit)
- paint over aluminum foil finish
- sliding canopy
- scale hand holds
- operational cowl flaps with automatic thermal control and attached to the fuselage not the cowl (we think this will make it easier to remove the cowl for servicing the Moki)
- gun flashing (lights)
- our own design for wings down and fully locked verification (we will experiment with this on airframe #1)
- and a few more things in the works
We hope to have #2 completed by March 2012.
We hope to maiden #1 sometime next month, July. We will fly it in July and August, then, if all goes well, we will break it down and paint it in September, and have it ready to fly again by the Monster Planes event in October. We will fly it to the end of the season, then pull the engine, ignition, and fuel system to install in #2.
Should be fun.