Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Lado retracts, do the really exist?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Lado retracts, do the really exist?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 11:17 AM
WarbirdPilots
My Feedback: (209)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lado retracts, do the really exist?

Whats up Mik,

LOL, the reason I bought them was becasue you gave me the plane. As always, thank you. I will bring the retracts to warbirds over woodstock to show you. The weather is showing showers starting around 3pm tomorrow (friday). If we go flying tomorrow I will bring them. Hope to see you then.

Adam
Old 10-01-2009, 11:52 AM
bluetomcat

Great news zero-332!!

I wonder whats happened to my order then? Order number 1160 placed 12 September..............
Zero did you have a tracking email?
My order status still says "order received"
Or did they just arrive out of the blue?

Any luck yet Mitch??
Looks like you and me are in the same boat????
Old 10-01-2009, 12:36 PM
w1nd6urfa
My Feedback: (4)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

TwinTurbo_Z, cold_reboot et al,

I would kindly request for the benefit of all Lado retract owners (or to-be owners) subscribing to this thread: please don't post any more of the "been waiting too long" "unacceptable delay" posts, the point has been over-stated to death already. The product is obviously of high quality and reasonable price, therefore demand exceeds supply for the recent past, present and near future as it seems.

Some questions I would like answered from the early adopters, hopefully of interest to everyone here:
- How do Lados fare over time after many landings?
- Any post-crash reports?
- Any weak areas that Doug should improve?
- Any other problems we should know about?

Happy landings
Nick
Old 10-01-2009, 01:26 PM
ZERO-322
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: bluetomcat

Great news zero-332!!

I wonder whats happened to my order then? Order number 1160 placed 12 September..............
Zero did you have a tracking email?
My order status still says ''order received''
Or did they just arrive out of the blue?

Any luck yet Mitch??
Looks like you and me are in the same boat????

Hey bluetomcat, I got the conformation e-mail the same day they shipped out, two days later they were here . Nick I most certainly agree with your statement , it has been over stated to death , but the flip side of the coin is I think this thread has played a significant role in changing the way lado does things (customer service wise) , and as this thread ages you'll see as of recent that things have gotten better by leaps and bounds and that Doug with lado tech is now actively participates in this thread to try and resolve some of the issues at hand. big improvement if you ask me ?
Old 10-01-2009, 01:26 PM
Joespeeder

Hey Guys,

Here's a video of my Lados installed in a Black Horse Models P-40 which I repainted in a Russian Lend Lease Winter scheme. I was able to use the servo slowing feature in my JR9303 Tx to get the gear to stagger when retracting but not when extending. I could have done both but I didn't want to wait for them to extend if I needed them down right away. It's getting maidened today !!

Enjoy. Oh yea... The wheel wells are painted green now not the raw balsa you see here.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvxAk0OUUwA[/youtube]

Joe

wwww.thecaterhamproject.com
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91279.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	1286145   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jf11616.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	1286146   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mr39713.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	1286147   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ke91137.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	1286148  
Old 10-01-2009, 02:11 PM
planeome

I still havent heard anything yet. No tracking # or product at my door. Joe they are super cool. patience is a virtue. Mitch
Old 10-01-2009, 02:59 PM
chalmrast
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: w1nd6urfa

I would kindly request for the benefit of all Lado retract owners (or to-be owners) subscribing to this thread: please don't post any more of the ''been waiting too long'' ''unacceptable delay'' posts, the point has been over-stated to death already. The product is obviously of high quality and reasonable price, therefore demand exceeds supply for the recent past, present and near future as it seems.

Some questions I would like answered from the early adopters, hopefully of interest to everyone here:

Happy landings
Nick
I agree whole-heartedly! I want to know what planes you're using them in and how much the planes weigh. Your wheel size & landing surface is important too. Of course the one variable is landing technique.

I would like to see a post that says, "I have Lados in my Top-Flite .60 Corsair. I'm using Robart 650 struts and 5/32" music wire. The plane weighs 10 lbs and I have about 20 take-off's & landings on our dirt runway. Some of my landings are bouncy, some are smooth. But, the Lado's have been flawless!"

Can't wait for my Lados!!!! And I'll keep you all updated concerning their real-world performance!

Chad
Old 10-01-2009, 02:59 PM
phatbob02
My Feedback: (126)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: cold_reboot

ORIGINAL: TwinTurboZ

These retracts were ordered on Sept. 12th and arrived today Sept. 30th. As far as I am concerned the time it took to process and deliver this product is absolutely unacceptable.

Seriously....? you waited two weeks roughly and your griping that two weeks was ''unacceptable''? You really should go post that elsewhere or better yet, not at all, as those of us (myself included) who waited for 5+ months (or are still waiting) for our retracts, don't feel sorry for you waiting a whole two weeks and your complaint is falling on deaf ears.

Two weeks?!! What makes TwinTurbo so special? I've never waited less than 5 months and I have four sets!

Read the forum. Delivery dates come and go, and go, and go, etc....... What's the rush? They're a great product and worth a year wait. Granted, I would have thought Doug would have a better handle on the business by now. Oh well!

My only gripe, and I've told Doug, I wish he didn't charge my credit card until the item was shipped.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:15 PM
phatbob02

Happy landings
Nick
I have the 60-2T's in a 15LB CMP Corsair 120. I've adapted Robart 660 Robostruts with 3 1/2" wheels. Works's great!
http://www.rcuvideos.com/video/Corsa...acts-completed
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51114.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	1286195   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt55967.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	1286196   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25463.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	158.9 KB
ID:	1286197  
Old 10-01-2009, 03:43 PM
cold_reboot
My Feedback: (20)

Starting to make me wonder if the Lado's would stand up to an 84" ME 109... I'm seriously not looking forward to the air system....
Old 10-01-2009, 05:15 PM
KentuckyColonel

ORIGINAL: chalmrast

I would kindly request for the benefit of all Lado retract owners (or to-be owners) subscribing to this thread: please don't post any more of the ''been waiting too long'' ''unacceptable delay'' posts, the point has been over-stated to death already. The product is obviously of high quality and reasonable price, therefore demand exceeds supply for the recent past, present and near future as it seems.

Happy landings
Nick
I agree whole-heartedly! I want to know what planes you're using them in and how much the planes weigh. Your wheel size & landing surface is important too. Of course the one variable is landing technique.

I would like to see a post that says, ''I have Lados in my Top-Flite .60 Corsair. I'm using Robart 650 struts and 5/32'' music wire. The plane weighs 10 lbs and I have about 20 take-off's & landings on our dirt runway. Some of my landings are bouncy, some are smooth. But, the Lado's have been flawless!''

Can't wait for my Lados!!!! And I'll keep you all updated concerning their real-world performance!

Chad
I have 60-1 Lado's in my Kyosho Spitfire90. I am using the stock 5/32 wire struts. The plane weighs 12 lbs and I have at least 40 take-offs and landings on our decomposed granite/polymer runway and two take off and landings on the runway at the former USMCAS/El Toro. 99% of the landings are like butter...the other 1%.....well....let's just say they aren't like butter....., BUT the Lado's have been flawless.

That what you are looking for?
Old 10-01-2009, 06:55 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Himmm I have the KMP corsair air retracts , I wonder If I could get Doug to make them lado-fied ?
I am hearing my gear (KMP) will hang up once I get my gear doors on , apparently there is not enought pressure to get the gear doors thru the wind on landing .
Old 10-01-2009, 07:11 PM
chalmrast

OK! Now I'm getting some good info!!!! I will be putting them in a 1.40 CMP P-40 - 72" W.S. Still wondering if the 3/8 Robart stuts are too small and if I need to go with the next larger size struts like Phatbob!
Old 10-04-2009, 09:35 PM
EMB145Driver
My Feedback: (7)

So if 60-2's say in stock on Lado's website, does that mean they ship out ASAP? I ordered last night when the website was updated, that would have been Saturday night. I hope they ship out Monday.
Old 10-04-2009, 10:07 PM
forestroke

Doug - got the package today. Tracking numbers to Asia aren't that reliable! They look very well built and while I won't have time to test them until this coming weekend I'm sure they will be fine. Just want to say thanks for pulling through. I guess while I cannot vouch for your timeliness, I will vouch for your integrity as a businessman. I hope that you can continue to improve!

Happy in Taiwan with is Lado's.

Forestroke.
Old 10-04-2009, 10:55 PM
chalmrast

ORIGINAL: EMB145Driver

So if 60-2's say in stock on Lado's website, does that mean they ship out ASAP? I ordered last night when the website was updated, that would have been Saturday night. I hope they ship out Monday.
Don't count it! I ordered mine on 9-17-09 and they still haven't shipped. They showed in-stock too.

I wonder if I'll get a $50 discount!

Direct from their website:

"From now on if it’s in stock on the web site the product build, tested, and boxed ready for shipment. I know we have had some huge lead times in the past, this will eliminate them. We are even giving a 7 day shipping guarantee! If your order ships after the 7th day, we will give you $50!"
Old 10-04-2009, 11:07 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

"OK! Now I'm getting some good info!!!! I will be putting them in a 1.40 CMP P-40 - 72" W.S. Still wondering if the 3/8 Robart stuts are too small and if I need to go with the next larger size struts like Phatbob! "

THe CMP P40 is a light plane , but it will depend on what size prop your going to use , you want ground clearance for sure
Old 10-05-2009, 02:12 AM
bluetomcat

yeah wouldn't count on it either. I am new to Lado like yourself and was waiting excitedly for the first week or two. Now still no sign of my order coming through so have given up any hope of having them before the year is out.
My build has stopped too so really dissapointed. I ordered mine on 12th september 09 and still not even a hint of them being posted eventhough the site said "in stock" at the time of order.
Doug if you are reading my order number is 1160.
Christian
Old 10-05-2009, 12:25 PM
mimoore67
My Feedback: (51)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Doug,

Any idea when you might have your 3/8 strut ready retracts ready?
Old 10-05-2009, 01:34 PM
leedees

Installing my Lado retracts in a H9 P-47 today, the Lado's are nice, real nice. They truly drop in place.

I wish I could say the same for the Robart 3/8 650 struts I am installing with the Lado's. Apparently QC is taking a back seat at Robart (they take forever to ship btw).

The 3/16 adapter bushing you 'insert' and JB Weld into the strut tube is made oversize to the point where it cannot be pounded in flush before it starts to distort. I will have to to do with a single set screw to hold on to the 3/16 piano wire. Considering the cost of Robarts this is very not cool.

Old 10-05-2009, 02:12 PM
ZERO-322
My Feedback: (2)

I would get them on the phone and voice your complaint , they will probably send you out a replacement , either was its worth a phone call if not for the sake of venting , I know it always makes me feel better
Old 10-05-2009, 02:42 PM
phatbob02

ORIGINAL: leedees

Installing my Lado retracts in a H9 P-47 today, the Lado's are nice, real nice. They truly drop in place.

I wish I could say the same for the Robart 3/8 650 struts I am installing with the Lado's. Apparently QC is taking a back seat at Robart (they take forever to ship btw).

The 3/16 adapter bushing you 'insert' and JB Weld into the strut tube is made oversize to the point where it cannot be pounded in flush before it starts to distort. I will have to to do with a single set screw to hold on to the 3/16 piano wire. Considering the cost of Robarts this is very not cool.

You may have to file a bit off the bushing diameter to go into the strut. I then use a small bit of epoxy to hold the bushing in the tube. When it sets, I drill and tap two holes at 90 degrees. I use longer set screws so they capture the strut tube and bushing.

I use high grade set screws. 4-40 or 6-32 thread depending upon the strut used. I've had the hex in cheaper screws strip out, including the set screws used with my Lado's.
Old 10-05-2009, 02:56 PM
show871

Would'nt the small peice of connective 3/16 wire from the stut to lado be a good failsafe to bend first instead of tearing the lado out of your wing with a direct mount strut?
Old 10-05-2009, 03:01 PM
chalmrast

I know we're getting off track here but I guess it's related. The bushing should fit into the 650 strut with little effort. I would contact Robart too.

Heed the advice of upgrading your set screws too!!
Old 10-05-2009, 03:15 PM
phatbob02

ORIGINAL: show871

Would'nt the small peice of connective 3/16 wire from the stut to lado be a good failsafe to bend first instead of tearing the lado out of your wing with a direct mount strut?
I have to agree with this one. I stalled my 15lb. Corsair on take off and sheared both pins when she hit. No damage to wing, struts, or Lado's. The worst part of the fix was taking the struts apart to remove the wires. I'm also glad I didn't have a tight fit in the retract trunions.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.