Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Lado retracts, do the really exist?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Lado retracts, do the really exist?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 06:11 PM
TOMAPOWA
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lado retracts, do the really exist?

Doug,
I have sent you many, many emails and even tried calling you leaving multiple messages.

I need to know the status of my order (#1008) I placed back in May 2009.

If you can not deliver this product, please return my Paypal payment I made back in May (~$190)

I think I waited long enough... I am really tired of getting "yanked around" already...

Tom
Old 09-28-2009, 06:56 PM
pdansalvish
My Feedback: (23)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Received conformation from Doug my retracts are on their way. Now to get my TLC planes out of the way.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:26 PM
ZERO-322
My Feedback: (2)

Ordered a set of 60-1 on sept 15th got conformation today that they shipped out , I'm excited ! ok doug I think 3/8 and 1/2" should be considered and as far as the 85 or 90 degree I think it would be nice to have both . and the darock has a point there is a need for the 95 degree as well
Old 09-28-2009, 08:06 PM
rc34074
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would recommend oleo ready retracts with holes for 7/16 diameter oleos. then you could use them also for 3/8 oleos with an insert/reducer. that way you could use the same retracts for 60 size or 120 size warbirds. I would want 85 degree retracts for my mustangs but others would want 90 degree also.

the way you should design the retract for oleos is with a split hole in the retract and a socket head (allen head) screw that squeezes the retract hole smaller so it squeezes on the outer diameter of the oleo to hold it in place. take a look at the way Robart and Spring Air have designed their oleo ready retracts to see what I mean.

Ed
Old 09-29-2009, 12:54 AM
forestroke

Thanks, Doug... looking forward to getting them!
Old 09-29-2009, 11:17 AM
TOMAPOWA
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: TOMAPOWA

Doug,
I have sent you many, many emails and even tried calling you leaving multiple messages.

I need to know the status of my order (#1008) I placed back in May 2009.

If you can not deliver this product, please return my Paypal payment I made back in May (~$190)

I think I waited long enough... I am really tired of getting ''yanked around'' already...

Tom
No comment Doug ????

Like I said, please deliver or give my $$ back... it's that simple.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:30 PM
chuck993

Old 09-29-2009, 02:54 PM
lado-tech

TOMAPOWA - Your idem was shipped on 8/27 and I have a tracking number, but I don't see it was ever delivered. I called you and left a message to call me so we can talk about this. I am traveling untill later tonight, so please call on my cell. I left the number on your voicemail. If you can please email me your address so I can check against my records to see if we shipped to the correct location.

Thanks,
Doug - LADO Tech.
Old 09-29-2009, 03:16 PM
bluetomcat

Hi Doug
Just wondering if you posted my order as promised on Monday?
I ordered on 12th Sept and see that some users on here have been shipped, ordering after that date.
Regards
Christian Thomas(uk)
Old 09-29-2009, 04:29 PM
planeome

You said my order would ship Monday, I didnt get an Email with tracking number, just checking. Thanks Doug. I know you've got your hands full. Mitchell T. Green
Old 09-29-2009, 11:03 PM
lado-tech

Mitchell,

You should have gotten an email with the tracking number. Can you send me an email so I can make sure I have your address correct in our system.

Doug - LADO
Old 09-29-2009, 11:04 PM
lado-tech

PLEASE NOTE Lado will be closed 9/30/09. PG&E our power company is upgrading our power to our new facility and we will be without power for most of the day. PG&E is estimating this work will be done by the end of the day on the 30th.

Just wanted to keep you guys in the loop.

Doug - LADO TECH
Old 09-30-2009, 12:16 PM
bluetomcat

Hi Mitchell
Did you get an email off Doug then? Hope you get them intime for the show.
He has posted an update on the front of the internet site that all orders will be shipped thursday/friday so hopefully he won't miss us out.
Just a quick reminder Doug
Order no:- 1160
Placed:- 12th September

Again Good Luck Mitchell!!

Christian
Old 09-30-2009, 02:24 PM
planeome

I dont know christian, Doug said he sent me a tracking number but I didnt get it. If he did that means it shiped already, but right now I'm unsure exactly what my shiping status is. Mitchell T. Green
Old 09-30-2009, 07:06 PM
ZERO-322

Hey guys there might be hope....... placed my order on the 15th, received them in today's mail roughly a two week turn around great product worth every cent and every sec of waiting
Doug thanks buddy ! order 1179 has been filled and a very very happy customer !
Old 09-30-2009, 07:28 PM
planeome

Congrats zero, I hope I can say the same real soon, enjoy!
Old 09-30-2009, 08:12 PM
WarbirdPilots
My Feedback: (209)

Got my retracts and posted some pics. These retracts were ordered on Sept. 12th and arrived today Sept. 30th. As far as I am concerned the time it took to process and deliver this product is absolutely unacceptable. And I know Doug is getting an ear full from his customer base, so I sincerely hope he is listening and devising a new strategy to produce and distribute his product.

But I must say this product is one of the most beautiful, well designed, flawless working, and eye catching products I have ever seen. This product speaks volumes about Doug's ingenuity, prowess, and desire to design and produce such a high quality product. I have already plugged in and cycled these retracts and cannot wait to install and show off these works of art.

Doug, your product is top notch as I am sure you know. I am very much looking forward to future products as I know you will produce nothing but the best. But, please take some time and seriously re-evaluate your production and distribution processes to bring them up to a standard worthy of your impeccable product.

Also, thank you very much for your prompt and effortless fulfillment of your $50 money back guarantee.

Best of luck in your future endeavors,

Adam Martin

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94604.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	1285841   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tp46362.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	1285842   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xc79312.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	1285843  
Old 09-30-2009, 09:27 PM
planeome

Congrats Martin, They look superb.
Old 10-01-2009, 12:55 AM
ZERO-322

ORIGINAL: planeome

Congrats Martin, They look superb.

Hey keep up posted I am very much interested to see when you get yours in , I got my fingers crossed for ya buddy ! let us know
Old 10-01-2009, 07:28 AM
chuck993

why isn't this thread re-named to LADO support?
Old 10-01-2009, 08:43 AM
cold_reboot
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: TwinTurboZ

These retracts were ordered on Sept. 12th and arrived today Sept. 30th. As far as I am concerned the time it took to process and deliver this product is absolutely unacceptable.

Seriously....? you waited two weeks roughly and your griping that two weeks was "unacceptable"? You really should go post that elsewhere or better yet, not at all, as those of us (myself included) who waited for 5+ months (or are still waiting) for our retracts, don't feel sorry for you waiting a whole two weeks and your complaint is falling on deaf ears.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:57 AM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: chuck993

why isn't this thread re-named to LADO support?

It could be.

RCUniverse supports a fairly large number of support forums for mfg's like O.S.Max and Futaba for example. They're quite convenient.

Old 10-01-2009, 10:46 AM
WarbirdPilots
My Feedback: (209)

Hey Cold_reboot calm down and think before you post. My post was in defense of you guys that are waiting as long as you have been. I have been following this thread for a very long time and have been reading all your complaints. If you read what I wrote it is clearly explaining that Doug needs to improve his production and distribution processes. I would suggest you redirect your anger and comments towards the the correct person.

And two plus weeks is an unacceptable amount of time to have to wait. Especially since Doug states right on the home page of his website under the July 7th 2009 post:
"As of June 15 we no longer take pre-orders! From now on if it’s in stock on the web site the product build, tested, and boxed ready for shipment. I know we have had some huge lead times in the past, this will eliminate them. We are even giving a 7 day shipping guarantee! If your order ships after the 7th day, we will give you $50!"

You waiting 5+ months is absolutely insane. We must use this forum to generate a common cause and explain to Doug and Lado Retracts in a professional manner that waiting even two weeks is too long. And hope he is attempting to find a way to improve it.

Like I said in my earlier post, "please take some time and seriously re-evaluate your production and distribution processes to bring them up to a standard worthy of your impeccable product."

You may now remove your foot from your mouth cold_reboot.

Old 10-01-2009, 10:59 AM
miklos
My Feedback: (38)

Bro..... those look insane......

Can't wait to see those in the mustang.
Of course you realize you paid more for those retracts than I did for the plane. Hope the plane holds up after all the money you're puting into it.
Glad the muffler fix worked on the spitfire. Lookin forward to this weekend in Woodstock, but Saturday looks like a washout. Sunday is looking promising.
Keep your fingers crossed.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:13 AM
cold_reboot
My Feedback: (20)

Twin, if you'll care to re-read your own post you never referenced anyones wait time except your own when you stated "You" ordered the "12th and received them on the 30th and the processing and delivery time was unacceptable". I don't see how your two week wait compares to me or anyone else that waited 5+ months. I received my retracts and love them. My wait time on the first set will in no way effect any future decision to buy Lado's for other projects and I do plan to buy multiple more sets when those planes are about to go on the table.

You might want to remove your own foot before you advise others to do the same. You'd get about as much respect and empathy if you walked into a group of ex convicts that have each spent 15+ years in prison complaining about the 6 hours you spent in jail for a speeding ticket you forgot to pay.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.