Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > Scale Racing
Reload this Page >

Warbird Race - Sacramento - June 6th - President's cup

Community
Search
Notices
Scale Racing Discuss all aspects of semi-scale pylon racing.

Warbird Race - Sacramento - June 6th - President's cup

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 05:25 PM
T34RACING
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Warbird Race - Sacramento - June 6th - President's cup

Chris,

I love this statement in your post "I have a hard time flying T-34 because I'm not patient enough and tend to get cuts".

I guess it doesnt matter what class I fly....I have no patience!!!! I get lots of cuts.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:23 PM
ChrisAttebery
My Feedback: (15)

It takes roughly 5 seconds for a T-34 to fly a straight. It takes ~3 seconds for a Gold/120/Unlimited. That extra 2 seconds feels like an eternity. Not only that, if you initiate your turn at the same point you will shoot farther past the pylon with the faster planes so you start your turn even earlier. I think I've had 1 cut in the three warbird races I've attended. I managed to go cut free at the last T-34 race, but I've probably averaged 1-2 cuts per race over the last two seasons.

Anyway about it you are the king of cuts! Wasn't it something like 24 in one day?
Old 05-27-2010, 06:33 PM
JPGale

I think I hold the record for cuts in 1 race, with Kevin as my caller.

I am really looking forward to this race, I expect some great competition, but unlike the TMT I have a 1.10 on the front of my bird and she is flying well. During the last warbird I was clock at 10 second laps on course, I have slowed her down a touch.

Guys, I am picking up some fuel on the Friday before the race so I would like to camp out on Friday night, I would expect to be at the field by about 9pm, can anyone PM me their phone number and the gate code so I can get in please. I am selling some of the fuel, 15% bryon for $17.50 a gallon, I have 9 gallons left for sale, if you want some then let me know.

I am glad I have plenty of room, I will need it to bring home the trophies for bronze (pending upon successful test flight this weekend) and silver.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:57 PM
Tommy_Gun

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: T34RACING

Chris,

I love this statement in your post ''I have a hard time flying T-34 because I'm not patient enough and tend to get cuts''.

I guess it doesnt matter what class I fly....I have no patience!!!! I get lots of cuts.
Which reminds me,
James, don't forget my plaque from Morgan Hill....

Sorry Kevin, I couldn't resist.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:01 PM
Jimmy Skids
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is for Scrap Metal Puppy-

[8D][&:][X(][&o][:-][][:'(][:@]

Skids
Old 05-27-2010, 10:02 PM
Todd Chandler

ORIGINAL: Iron Dog

ORIGINAL: Teddy_Bear

Oh yeah I remember some guy with a ''Leadfoot'' just took me out and now I'm stuck in the weeds.

Tommy when Leadfoot talks about three mistakes high he's really talking about in relation to his airplane. You see that's his kill zone and no one is safe.
Yeah Bear, don't you just hate it when those careless race pilots fly BACKWARDS so THEY can hit YOU with their rudders?!!!!!!
. . . Man, I hate it when that happens!

And, I never knew you held Leadfoot's piloting skills in quite so high esteem. It's really is quite touching! I mean, he must be incredibly talented to flip his plane around in a 180 degree spin while simultaneously doing a 180 degree turn-around at the North pylon, just so he could take his buddy out of the competition. That he could do all this while finding your plane's ''Achilles heel'' so as to cause a total loss on your part, while only putting the smallest scratch on his rudder . . . you must think he's a FLYING GOD! That you would pay him such high praise after what he did to you . . . Well, let's just say that you renew my faith in the generosity of spirit and forgiving nature of mankind. I'm not a particularly religious man, but . . . BLESS YOU, BEAR!!! Bless you!
Dr Freaking Death.......

Have you been writing yourself prescriptions for the "hippie lettuce" again?

Your joking right? Tell me your joking? I'm flying in clean air nobody in front of me and upon exiting North pylon my plane explodes and plummets to the earth and your saying that somehow this occurrence isn't related to An un-named Leadfooted Rookie pulling a hard knife edged turn directly into my flight path.

I kindly ask, "Can I get some of what your smoking sir?"

and nobody expects you to put a smiley face at the bottom of each post that's silly. A Simple note explaining that the facts below have been altered in an effort to wash any balsa dust away that may or may not be on my hands.

That Dr..........Should be more than adequate at clearing up any confusion.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:08 PM
Todd Chandler

Today is my 4th anniversary of being married to my wonderful wife Natalie. Aka Mama Bear.

Just saw Shrek and now I got to put down my iPhone to eat some dinner.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:14 PM
spencer321
My Feedback: (5)

Well you guys can have your magical "flying" skills i think this race is gonna be a good one for THE KID peekooooooow just wanted to throw my 2 cents in.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:31 PM
Casey Leadfoot Smith

Spencer, the only thing that is going to be thrown in is the towel your caller will be holding when you get lapped! Stick to golf my friend, it's more your speed!
Old 05-27-2010, 10:40 PM
spencer321
My Feedback: (5)

Well the only reason why my caller would be holding a towel is because your caller had an abundance of them just to make sure he wouldnt run out of them for you... and golf can be fast...at times... atleast when im driving the golf cart.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:56 PM
Iron Dog

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh yeah I remember some guy with a ''Leadfoot'' just took me out and now I'm stuck in the weeds.

Tommy when Leadfoot talks about three mistakes high he's really talking about in relation to his airplane. You see that's his kill zone and no one is safe.
Yeah Bear, don't you just hate it when those careless race pilots fly BACKWARDS soTHEY can hit YOU with their rudders?!!!!!!
. . . Man, I hate it when that happens!

And, I never knew you held Leadfoot's piloting skills in quite so high esteem. It's really is quite touching!I mean, he must be incredibly talented to flip his plane around in a 180 degree spin while simultaneously doing a 180 degree turn-around atthe North pylon, just so he could take his buddy out of the competition. That he could do all this while finding your plane's''Achilles heel'' so asto cause a total loss on your part, while only putting the smallest scratch on his rudder . . . you must think he's aFLYING GOD! That you would pay him such highpraise after what he did to you . . . Well, let's just say that you renew my faith in the generosity of spirit and forgiving nature of mankind. I'm not a particularly religious man, but . . . BLESSYOU, BEAR!!! Bless you!
Dr Freaking Death.......

Have you been writing yourself prescriptions for the "hippie lettuce" again?

Your joking right? Tell me your joking? I'm flying in clean air nobody in front of me and upon exiting North pylon my plane explodes and plummets to the earth and your saying that somehow this occurrence isn't related to An un-named Leadfooted Rookie pulling a hard knife edged turn directly into my flight path.

I kindly ask, "Can I get some of what your smoking sir?"

and nobody expects you to put a smiley face at the bottom of each post that's silly. A Simple note explaining that the facts below have been altered in an effort to wash any balsa dust away that may or may not be on my hands.

That Dr..........Should be more than adequate at clearing up any confusion.
Oh Bear, you've clearlybeen going-to-town onyour own stash! Obviously its not the "iPhone" you need to be putting down.TheiPhone doesn'tgive you the munchies and make youas delirious as you obviously are.So go ahead . . .eat . . . enjoy your munch-festso you canclear your head and join us back in the real world, instead of some delusional post-psychotrophic state of pandemonium. No wonder why think you are seeing green ogres all around you. My poor friend, I assure you,any confusion here . .. well. . .it's allyours.

Sincerely,

"Scrappy" (P.S. Skid's:That made me laugh for 2 minutes, then suddenly laugh again almost out of the blue,about a minutelater!)
Old 05-27-2010, 11:02 PM
Iron Dog

Yeah, but it's not supposed to look like you're flying your stinkin' golf cart up there! We're recreating the FASTEST motor sport in the world, here. Put an engine in that thing, and push the pedal to the metal, son!
Old 05-28-2010, 12:00 AM
Iron Dog

ORIGINAL: Jimmy Skids

ORIGINAL: ChrisAttebery

Alright, all kidding aside, I have no idea who the hell Roy is.

Any of you SAMS boys: If you are going by RC Country in the next week and wouldn't mind picking up something for me please send me a PM.

Thanks,

Chris

Chris,

If you grew up watching Speed Racer cartoons as a kid, like I did, then maybe this will help clear things up:

Like Racer X, Roy is the mysterious,often feared, incredible racer that you will soon discover to be your arch-nemesis while onthe course. He will do whatever it takes to win. But, although you may never come to know it, he actually ''has your back'' when you are off the course.

Was that helpful, Chris?Does that put your mind at ease?
(Please don't tell me I need a ''smiley'' here, too! You all get that this was tongue-in-cheek, right!?)

Well, just in case it wasn't, I PM'd you. I'd be happy to help you with your RC County run.

Ollie
Soft Metal Dog, um.... I mean Iron Dog,

Roy is no where like Racer X. Roy is not feared or an incredible racer. The only reason he is a nemesis is because he always get's in the lead planes way as they lap him.

Skids

OK is that enough trash talking? I'm not used to picking on this many of my friends.

Say what you want in your trash talking, but some have,unfortunately for them, come to knowRoy Battyas a fierce and deadly competitor.

I'msure this picture will helpeveryoneremember the 2-Minute Tango when I snapped this picture of hisdevious demeanor,in-action. Like Racer-X, forcing lesser drivers off the course and over the cliffs to their ultimate demise, he applied his brand ofcold, calculating, consistent, pressure on Jim Sweeneythrough 3 sphincter-puckering laps like this.So completely crowding him . . .so completely unconcerned about his own, or others, survival . . . coldly calculating that he could squeeze Jim closer to the pylonwith each of those three laps . . . and pushJim to the breaking pointin his deadly game of"Chicken" such thatJim would have to fold under the pressure and eventuallyturninside the pylonto avoid becoming confetti. Thus, forcingJim intothe cut that wouldhand Roy the ultimate victory.

If memory serves, and I believe it does,this was Jim'sfinal race, for overa year!

COINCIDENCE?!!!Or did Roy'srelentless pressure get inside the head of this former Gold Champion, and so shake his confidence that he is only now able to return to the race circuit? (And, todo so onlyin Silver?)

Like the mysteriousRacer-X, he is not afraid of actual contact if you will notyield to the relentless pressure of his mind games. Onmultiple occasions,he has completely taken out the competition in his bid to win at all costs.His insatiable hunger for the taste of Mustang balsa, in particular,is becoming clear. Chris,I think he feeds on fear, because nowhehas even begun traveling from circuit to circuitto terrorize and claim further P-51 victims across northern California. Apparently, the SAMs club no longer offers enough prey.

And Chris, like the Phoenix, that supernatural bird of prey, rumor has it that he has risen once again, to compete in Gold at this race, in search offresh blood . . . another Mustang to add to his evergrowinglist of kills.

So . . . I wish you well, my friend!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo41103.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	1443716  
Old 05-28-2010, 12:13 AM
Jimmy Skids

Scrap Metal Puppy-

Maybe it's because I don't usually fly the Mustang, but Roy doesn't scare me. Balsa is as Balsa does. My big block is tuned up and ready for whatever Roy may throw my way.

Jimmy Skids
Old 05-28-2010, 02:08 PM
Iron Dog

Yes Jimmy, "Balsa is, as balsa does." And what many are learning the hard way, is that what balsa all too often "does" when Roy is around, is end up in a crash bucket.

Just as Super K has too often demonstrated his acquired taste for ourtail feathers (specifically, yours and mine), Roy can't get enough of those hated Mustangs!

You and I can worry about Super K, and how we'll ultimately satisfy our need for vengeance against our own personal nemesis, and let Chris and the other'Stang driversdeal with their elevated stress, knowing that they have to eventually take on, and cope with Roy.

Wish you were flyin' in Silver, Super K!
Just know this, "I will be comin' for you eventually!"
Old 05-28-2010, 02:46 PM
roy batty

Scrap Metal Puppy-

Maybe it's because I don't usually fly the Mustang, but Roy doesn't scare me. Balsa is as Balsa does. My big block is tuned up and ready for whatever Roy may throw my way.

Jimmy Skids
I'm coming for YOU Skids [>:]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr49544.gif
Views:	12
Size:	131.8 KB
ID:	1443951  
Old 05-28-2010, 02:49 PM
Todd Chandler

ID. Its 12:00 in the afternoon shouldn't you be edumacating some kids?
Old 05-28-2010, 02:49 PM
kimod

KISS MY ***** .... YOUR MR NICE GUY ROUTINE DON'T CUT S%$T WITH ME!!!!!!!!
Old 05-28-2010, 03:11 PM
Todd Chandler

ORIGINAL: sergio varo

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

SERG

Good ju-ju
Kimo you must be talking about this little "Kumbaya" moment by Serg.
Old 05-28-2010, 05:58 PM
Iron Dog

Don't worry, Bear . . .

I'm the one that firsttaught you how to fly, and I'll school ya' plenty more in just 9 more days!
Old 05-28-2010, 06:15 PM
Todd Chandler

Don't worry, Bear . . .

I'm the one that first taught you how to fly, and I'll school ya' plenty more in just 9 more days!
Hey Tin Puppy. Wasnt it just last night you lit' me up on here. You sure you really want to accept credit for teaching me to fly? You know, with me getting lapped and all.
Old 05-28-2010, 06:20 PM
roy batty

ORIGINAL: ChrisAttebery

Alright, all kidding aside, I have no idea who the hell Roy is.

Any of you SAMS boys: If you are going by RC Country in the next week and wouldn't mind picking up something for me please send me a PM.

Thanks,

Chris

Chris,

If you grew up watching Speed Racer cartoons as a kid, like I did, then maybe this will help clear things up:

Like Racer X, Roy is the mysterious, often feared, incredible racer that you will soon discover to be your arch-nemesis while on the course. He will do whatever it takes to win. But, although you may never come to know it, he actually ''has your back'' when you are off the course.

Was that helpful, Chris? Does that put your mind at ease?
(Please don't tell me I need a ''smiley'' here, too! You all get that this was tongue-in-cheek, right!?)

Well, just in case it wasn't, I PM'd you. I'd be happy to help you with your RC County run.

Ollie
Soft Metal Dog, um.... I mean Iron Dog,

Roy is no where like Racer X. Roy is not feared or an incredible racer. The only reason he is a nemesis is because he always get's in the lead planes way as they lap him.

Skids

OK is that enough trash talking? I'm not used to picking on this many of my friends.

Say what you want in your trash talking, but some have, unfortunately for them, come to know Roy Batty as a fierce and deadly competitor.

I'm sure this picture will help everyone remember the 2-Minute Tango when I snapped this picture of his devious demeanor, in-action. Like Racer-X, forcing lesser drivers off the course and over the cliffs to their ultimate demise, he applied his brand of cold, calculating, consistent, pressure on Jim Sweeney through 3 sphincter-puckering laps like this. So completely crowding him . . . so completely unconcerned about his own, or others, survival . . . coldly calculating that he could squeeze Jim closer to the pylon with each of those three laps . . . and push Jim to the breaking point in his deadly game of ''Chicken'' such that Jim would have to fold under the pressure and eventually turn inside the pylon to avoid becoming confetti. Thus, forcing Jim into the cut that would hand Roy the ultimate victory.

If memory serves, and I believe it does, this was Jim's final race, for over a year!

COINCIDENCE?!!! Or did Roy's relentless pressure get inside the head of this former Gold Champion, and so shake his confidence that he is only now able to return to the race circuit? (And, to do so only in Silver?)

Like the mysterious Racer-X, he is not afraid of actual contact if you will not yield to the relentless pressure of his mind games. On multiple occasions, he has completely taken out the competition in his bid to win at all costs. His insatiable hunger for the taste of Mustang balsa, in particular, is becoming clear. Chris, I think he feeds on fear, because now he has even begun traveling from circuit to circuit to terrorize and claim further P-51 victims across northern California. Apparently, the SAMs club no longer offers enough prey.

And Chris, like the Phoenix, that supernatural bird of prey, rumor has it that he has risen once again, to compete in Gold at this race, in search of fresh blood . . . another Mustang to add to his evergrowing list of kills.

So . . . I wish you well, my friend!

If I am seeing clearly, that image shows a P-40 on the tail of a FW-190. Now why would I do anything underhanded to a competitor with such good taste in aircraft. I think that Mr. Dog is embellishing things a bit here.
But in retrospect, some of you are carrying on like hair bandit big time wrestlers that are about to enter the cage. Oh my such drama.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:44 PM
Iron Dog

Don't worry, Bear . . .

I'm the one that firsttaught you how to fly, and I'll school ya' plenty more in just 9 more days!
Hey Tin Puppy. Wasnt it just last night you lit' me up on here. You sure you really want to accept credit for teaching me to fly? You know, with me getting lapped and all.
I never said that you were a good student. Why do you think, as a highly trained and skilled educator, I so clearly see the need to school ya' some more?!
Old 05-28-2010, 11:41 PM
ChrisAttebery
My Feedback: (15)

An ex state trooper who taught driving classes had a saying about getting on the freeway that I really like, "If they can't CATCH you they can't HIT you!"
Old 05-29-2010, 01:49 AM
Jimmy Skids

Roy,

So are you going to make the race? It's been awhile since we've gone tip to tip. Hope to see you there.

Skids

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.