Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > Scale Racing
Reload this Page >

Warbird Race - Sacramento - June 6th - President's cup

Community
Search
Notices
Scale Racing Discuss all aspects of semi-scale pylon racing.

Warbird Race - Sacramento - June 6th - President's cup

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 06:48 PM
Casey Leadfoot Smith

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Warbird Race - Sacramento - June 6th - President's cup

As for that Teddy Bear......
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82046.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	1443051  
Old 05-26-2010, 06:58 PM
Jimmy Skids
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Leadfoot,
Can't read the writing in the picture. Can you enlarge?
Skids
Old 05-26-2010, 07:46 PM
Casey Leadfoot Smith

Ok, maybe this is better......
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ro41674.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	1443081  
Old 05-26-2010, 08:27 PM
Todd Chandler

ORIGINAL: Casey Leadfoot Smith

Ok, maybe this is better......
Oh yeah I remember some guy with a "Leadfoot" just took me out and now I'm stuck in the weeds.

Tommy when Leadfoot talks about three mistakes high he's really talking about in relation to his airplane. You see that's his kill zone and no one is safe.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:56 PM
ChrisAttebery
My Feedback: (15)

And so it begins...

Well Casey, I'm flying Gold. From what I read here I don't think you or Roy will get the privilege of flying with me. [sm=tongue_smile.gif]
Old 05-26-2010, 10:31 PM
pjakew
My Feedback: (4)

Sounds like it is going to be a good pilot turnout. I know it sounds silly, but with just a little over a week to go and we are still in a rain cycle, would it be crazy to be talking rain date for July 6th or am I just a dilusional freak?
Old 05-26-2010, 10:57 PM
Tommy_Gun

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DON'T EVEN START that crap Jake.

And Cris, I think Ol Roy will make an appearance. He's a bit shifty , keep your eyes open for him.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:05 PM
Jimmy Skids

Guys,
The 10 day forecast looks good. We should be fine. As for Roy showing up.... who knows. He didn't make the last race, I think he may not be able to handle the competition.
Skids
Old 05-26-2010, 11:18 PM
sergio varo

I just want to say.............

Old 05-26-2010, 11:30 PM
sergio varo

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

SERG

Good ju-ju
Old 05-26-2010, 11:48 PM
Iron Dog

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Teddy_Bear

Oh yeah I remember some guy with a "Leadfoot" just took me out and now I'm stuck in the weeds.

Tommy when Leadfoot talks about three mistakes high he's really talking about in relation to his airplane. You see that's his kill zone and no one is safe.
Yeah Bear, don't you just hate it when those careless race pilots fly BACKWARDS soTHEY can hit YOU with their rudders?!!!!!!
. . . Man, I hate it when that happens!

And, I never knew you held Leadfoot's piloting skills in quite so high esteem. It's really is quite touching!I mean, he must be incredibly talented to flip his plane around in a 180 degree spin while simultaneously doing a 180 degree turn-around atthe North pylon, just so he could take his buddy out of the competition. That he could do all this while finding your plane's"Achilles heel" so asto cause a total loss on your part, while only putting the smallest scratch on his rudder . . . you must think he's aFLYING GOD! That you would pay him such highpraise after what he did to you . . . Well, let's just say that you renew my faith in the generosity of spirit and forgiving nature of mankind. I'm not a particularly religious man, but . . . BLESSYOU, BEAR!!! Bless you!
Old 05-26-2010, 11:56 PM
Jimmy Skids

We must all respect the bear.

Serge,

Well put.... good luck to all!

Jimmy Skids
Old 05-27-2010, 12:04 AM
Iron Dog

ORIGINAL: Casey Leadfoot Smith

Oh, ya! I plan on runnin Skids! Runnin right away with that silver class 1st place trophy!

But, before you get too cocky with all of Teddy Bear's "mad respect" for your incredible piloting skills, I just gotta ask:
  1. Weren't you in a 4-way tie for 1st loser in Bronze last year? (I mean, C'mon, you can't even be above the rest of thefieldas 1st loser?)
  2. So, how'd that last race go for ya, anyway?
Maybe if you lost that loser of a caller who encouraged you to "go for it" that one heat, when you thought it felt a little too fast and you were gonna break out, then maybe you'd of placed.
Who was that guy anyway? (. . . OHY-E-A-H ! ! ! Sorry about that, Casey!! My bad!)
Old 05-27-2010, 12:24 AM
ChrisAttebery

Alright, all kidding aside, I have no idea who the hell Roy is.

Any of you SAMS boys: If you are going by RC Country in the next week and wouldn't mind picking up something for me please send me a PM.

Thanks,

Chris
Old 05-27-2010, 02:16 AM
Iron Dog

ORIGINAL: Jimmy Skids

Serge,

Jimmy Skids
My apologies to The Bear (and all) if my comments came across as anything less than respectful. I thought the trash-talking was supposed to be commencing, guys!

Who da thunk that not puttin' one of those goofy "smileys" at the end of comments that seemed so clearly over the top to me when I wrote them, that I mustbe joking,could have been construed byanyone elseas anything less than good-natured ribbing. After all we do for each other and the time we spend together, I'm sure that Casey and Todd know that I think the world of them, and that it's all meantin the name of fun. (Heck, I called myself the "loser of a caller"that made Casey break out! Obviously I am poking fun at myself, even.)

And yes, I do wish you all luck. But once we're on the course against each other, don't think I'm gonna make it easy for you. (I really don't need to put a smiley here, . . . do I?)
Old 05-27-2010, 02:40 AM
Iron Dog

ORIGINAL: ChrisAttebery

Any of you SAMS boys: If you are going by RC Country in the next week and wouldn't mind picking up something for me please send me a PM.

Thanks,

Chris

Chris,

If you grew up watching Speed Racer cartoons as a kid, like I did, then maybe this will help clear things up:

Like Racer X, Roy is the mysterious,often feared, incredible racer that you will soon discover to be your arch-nemesis while onthe course. He will do whatever it takes to win. But, although you may never come to know it, he actually "has your back" when you are off the course.

Was that helpful, Chris?Does that put your mind at ease?
(Please don't tell me I need a "smiley" here, too! You all get that this was tongue-in-cheek, right!?)

Well, just in case it wasn't, I PM'd you. I'd be happy to help you with your RC County run.

Ollie
Old 05-27-2010, 08:59 AM
roy batty

Nothing to see here....
I wasn't even here. Shhhhhhhh

Someone is going to pay for that remark about me and Mustangs though. [:@] I have to draw the line somewhere. [>:]
Old 05-27-2010, 10:28 AM
Jimmy Skids

ORIGINAL: Iron Dog

ORIGINAL: Jimmy Skids

Serge,

Jimmy Skids
My apologies to The Bear (and all) if my comments came across as anything less than respectful. I thought the trash-talking was supposed to be commencing, guys!

Who da thunk that not puttin' one of those goofy ''smileys'' at the end of comments that seemed so clearly over the top to me when I wrote them, that I must be joking, could have been construed by anyone else as anything less than good-natured ribbing. After all we do for each other and the time we spend together, I'm sure that Casey and Todd know that I think the world of them, and that it's all meant in the name of fun. (Heck, I called myself the ''loser of a caller'' that made Casey break out! Obviously I am poking fun at myself, even.)

And yes, I do wish you all luck. But once we're on the course against each other, don't think I'm gonna make it easy for you. (I really don't need to put a smiley here, . . . do I?)
Iron Dog..... Sorry, I was typing too fast again..... I meant to say we must all DIS-respect the bear. Hope that this clears things up. And just for you.....

Hey Roy,
I made the comment, what ya going to do about it? Drop the Pony for some other type of slow ride?

Jimmy Skids
Old 05-27-2010, 11:23 AM
ChrisAttebery

Hey Guys,

Ollie has offered to make my RC Country trip. I should be covered.

So far this week I've repaired my fuel pump and replaced my glow driver and starter battery. I really hope those are the last equipment issues I have for a while. I just love how everything happens in groups.

Thanks,

Chris
Old 05-27-2010, 12:21 PM
Casey Leadfoot Smith

I like how you make fun of yourself Ollie. Now I don't have to do it. You don't have to say sorry for your words on here my friend. That's half the fun of trash talkin! I know you are a sensitive so I guess I won't tell you how bad you suck and how I'm gonna beat you in silver. Here's your sign.....

Chris, I'd love to join you in the big boy class but truth be told last year was my first year warbird racing and I don't think I'm quite ready for that. Just know I'm working hard to get there and I hope to be joining you one day. Good luck.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:45 PM
ChrisAttebery

Casey,

I raced boats for about 15 years before I started flying. I won two district championships and won two classes and placed in a few at the NAMBA Nationals. I quit in 2004 after my son was born because the schdule was too demanding and I can't race without getting in full time.

I flew for a couple years before I took up T-34 racing 2 seasons ago. They fly somewhere between Bronze and Silver speeds. I placed third in Novice the first year and third last year in Expert. Last year I built a Strega with a 110 in it and flew it alot before entering a couple of our warbird races. I'm by no means an expert pilot. Because of my surface background I have a hard time dealing with inverted flight. The lap times in the 120/Unlimited/Gold classes are pretty much identical to the lap times I was used to with my hydros though, so I'm used to the cadence of that type of racing. I have a hard time flying T-34 because I'm not patient enough and tend to get cuts.

Just keep practicing. Not only that, practice flying faster planes than you race. After a while your racers will feel slow and then you know it's time to step up.

Chris

Old 05-27-2010, 01:56 PM
Jimmy Skids

Casey,

I raced boats for about 15 years before I started flying. I won two district championships and won two classes and placed in a few at the NAMBA Nationals. I quit in 2004 after my son was born because the schdule was too demanding and I can't race without getting in full time.

I flew for a couple years before I took up T-34 racing 2 seasons ago. They fly somewhere between Bronze and Silver speeds. I placed third in Novice the first year and third last year in Expert. Last year I built a Strega with a 110 in it and flew it alot before entering a couple of our warbird races. I'm by no means an expert pilot. Because of my surface background I have a hard time dealing with inverted flight. The lap times in the 120/Unlimited/Gold classes are pretty much identical to the lap times I was used to with my hydros though, so I'm used to the cadence of that type of racing. I have a hard time flying T-34 because I'm not patient enough and tend to get cuts.

Just keep practicing. Not only that, practice flying faster planes than you race. After a while your racers will feel slow and then you know it's time to step up.

Chris

Chris,

I had to go back and re-read your post. I thought you said Casey was slow, and kept wondering how does Chris know that Casey is slow..... then after re-reading the post I undstand what you were trying to say or at least I thought I understood. Then I re-read again to determine that you were talking about his flying......

Jimmy Skids
Old 05-27-2010, 01:58 PM
Jimmy Skids

Oh boy, now I've done it.....
Old 05-27-2010, 02:05 PM
Jimmy Skids

ORIGINAL: Iron Dog

Thanks,

Chris

Chris,

If you grew up watching Speed Racer cartoons as a kid, like I did, then maybe this will help clear things up:

Like Racer X, Roy is the mysterious, often feared, incredible racer that you will soon discover to be your arch-nemesis while on the course. He will do whatever it takes to win. But, although you may never come to know it, he actually ''has your back'' when you are off the course.

Was that helpful, Chris? Does that put your mind at ease?
(Please don't tell me I need a ''smiley'' here, too! You all get that this was tongue-in-cheek, right!?)

Well, just in case it wasn't, I PM'd you. I'd be happy to help you with your RC County run.

Ollie
Soft Metal Dog, um.... I mean Iron Dog,

Roy is no where like Racer X. Roy is not feared or an incredible racer. The only reason he is a nemesis is because he always get's in the lead planes way as they lap him.

Skids

OK is that enough trash talking? I'm not used to picking on this many of my friends.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:19 PM
Casey Leadfoot Smith

Man Skids, you were really reading into that! I never read that at all. I know you are just nervous that I'm coming to get your title one day. I hope we will still be friends after that.

Anyway Chris, I thought I did good in bronze last year. I got a second overall for the year. I have been playing around with my w.m. Mustang with a 110s motor and raced in the two minute tango last year. I got 4 first places with it. Unfortunitly the 4th 1st place knocked me outta the race cause I broke out. I like the faster speeds so I'm going to try again on June 6th. Should be alot of fun.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.