Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > Scale Racing
Reload this Page >

Warbird Race - Sacramento - June 6th - President's cup

Community
Search
Notices
Scale Racing Discuss all aspects of semi-scale pylon racing.

Warbird Race - Sacramento - June 6th - President's cup

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 02:45 PM
pjakew
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Warbird Race - Sacramento - June 6th - President's cup

I got video!
Old 06-07-2010, 02:49 PM
Casey Leadfoot Smith

I have a great pic of Tommy and his new found love! I'll post it later tonight. Wait till you see the smile on his face!
Old 06-07-2010, 02:50 PM
MONGO44

Hey Tommy,

I havent had a chance to really talk to anyone, but the feel from everyone at the race on Sunday was that we will all be back. Ithink you can add another 5-6 planes as well that could attend Silver next race as the word will fly fast through our area.

This wasa trial run for a few of us. I didnt know where any of my planes fit as to times or what was competitive. I have ideas now and will be making things work for the next race in August. There was some very fast planes there.

The real catch is our 75 Warbird Class. Lots of guys in that class here so they can all go fly Silver there and win the class if they go around the pylons.

The only downfall was the time of the event. Sorry I didnt stick around to the end, but I heard you guys didnt get out of there until 8pm. I had some prior commitments and since I was down for the day, I bailed. I tried to say Bye to everyone, but sorry if I missed someone.

Those that attended from the Bay area were:
Kevin Norred (Gold &Silver )
James Gale (Silver &Bronze )
Mike Luvara (Gold )
Mick Crowley (Silver )
Joe Delatuer (Silver )
Mark Sumich (Gold )
Matt Campi (Bronze )
Chris Attebury (Gold )

Old 06-07-2010, 02:57 PM
Tommy_Gun

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's good to hear Kevin. We will look forward to you all visiting us in the future.

As for the previous three posts before you..... I think I hear Roy coming this way.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:36 PM
Jimmy Skids
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello All,

Here is my report:

First a huge thank you to all the sponsors (I would list them all, but for fear of leaving someone out I'll pass at this time), the workers, the pilots and the SAM members who had the field looking in top shape. And on a personal note thank you to my caller Sergio Varo.

It was a blast to have Bay Area contingent represented among the 48 entries. With others making the drive from Northern California and Nevada we really had some of the finest racers on the West Coast represented. As noted earlier some of the Bay Area pilots were able to take advantage of the 2010 SAM rules and fly their 75 powered planes competitively in Silver. It goes to prove that the work done this off season to re-work the rules to open up options for more plane/engine choices is working.

The day was a bit long with the awards finishing up after 7:00pm. We will be working on the process to speed things along just a bit quicker in the future. With nearly 50 entries I would roughly estimate that there were over 180 flights made on the day.

RESULTS:

GOLD
1ST PLACE JIM SMITH
2ND PLACE DAVE SULLIVAN
3RD PLACE TOM RICHARDI

SILVER
1ST PLACE STEVE BROWN
2ND PLACE CASEY SMITH
3RD PLACE GEORGE REIDENBACH

BRONZE
1ST PLACE CASEY SMITH
2ND PLACE MATT CAMPI
3RD PLACE BIANCA DaSILVA

Thank you all again!
Respectfully,

Jimmy Skids
Old 06-07-2010, 03:37 PM
MONGO44

Tommy,

I do have one complaint about the races.....

The pylons need to be 695 feet apart so I can go around them. Icant manage to fly farther than that on these 700 foot pylon distances...

Old 06-07-2010, 03:47 PM
Jimmy Skids

ORIGINAL: MONGO44

Tommy,

The pylons need to be 695 feet apart so I can go around them. I cant manage to fly farther than that on these 700 foot pylon distances...[img][/img]

Kevin,

Do I notice a theme here? Isn't this the same complaint you have with your local races as well?
Jimmy Skids
Old 06-07-2010, 03:50 PM
Tommy_Gun

ORIGINAL: Jimmy Skids

Tommy,

The pylons need to be 695 feet apart so I can go around them. I cant manage to fly farther than that on these 700 foot pylon distances...[img][/img]

Kevin,

Do I notice a theme here? Isn't this the same complaint you have with your local races as well?
Jimmy Skids
OUCH!
That'll leave a mark
Old 06-07-2010, 03:57 PM
JPGale

I will be back in August, September and the TMT in October, I love to race anything, It may not be a surprise but when me and Matt Campi practice it becomes nothing more than another race. This was the first time I ran Silver outside of last years TMT. Next however I will not score just 2 small little points.

Question Tommy with your dislike of all things Mustang (I can see your point BTW) how did you feel about my twin mustang, it was twice the horrid plane in 1. That was so cool, to race a twin but I got caught by the main reason people don't race twins often, more things to go wrong, the left engine would not fire, guessing it was a glow plug issue, but they are contained in the cowl so could not fix it on the line.

The smack talk was fun before the race it is great when you have a good bunch of people you can do that and enjoy yourselfs, I even did it to Matt during the 3 round bronze race.

See you all again soon.

James
Old 06-07-2010, 05:56 PM
Tommy_Gun

Here is where the images below are hosted, http://picasaweb.google.com/komepu/2...upWarbirdRace#
You can view a slide show there and download any images you like.

Old 06-07-2010, 06:00 PM
MONGO44

ORIGINAL: Jimmy Skids

Tommy,

The pylons need to be 695 feet apart so I can go around them. Icant manage to fly farther than that on these 700 foot pylon distances...[img][/img]

Kevin,

Jimmy Skids
Yes it is skids. I think I just dont pay the judges enough.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:15 PM
JPGale

Some great pictures there Tommy I may have to replace the chearleaders with one of them as my computer wallpaper.

James
Old 06-07-2010, 11:40 PM
Jimmy Skids

ORIGINAL: Tommy_Gun

That's good to hear Kevin. We will look forward to you all visiting us in the future.

As for the previous three posts before you..... I think I hear Roy coming this way.
Roy. Roy who? Hear no Roy, see no Roy. Roy a big no show for the big race. He must of had a hang nail or something.

Skids
Old 06-07-2010, 11:50 PM
Casey Leadfoot Smith

Here is my FAVORITE picture of Tommy Gun! Smiling from ear to ear!! Sergio is the man for lending you your new favorite airplane. Sergio won another one of these planes in the raffle after the race, Good juju indeed! I have ALOT of these pictures of Tommy Gun and I think they will be popping up at weird times for years to come! Tommy, I think you should come out of the closet and admit you love mustangs! Nobody will judge you. We like you just the way you are!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo39429.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	190.5 KB
ID:	1449884  
Old 06-08-2010, 12:26 AM
Tommy_Gun

So when are we test flying that Sea Fury Casey?
I just wanna make sure Roy don't climb inside it when you aren't looking.

Hey Skids,
Any chance that we will get to see the time breakdowns for each heat?
Old 06-08-2010, 02:05 AM
Tommy_Gun

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReMWdfYnLSI[/youtube]
Old 06-08-2010, 02:18 AM
Iron Dog

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here is where the images below are hosted, http://picasaweb.google.com/komepu/2...upWarbirdRace#
Tom,

It's nice to see that there were no "accidents" when you unloaded all those pictures I took of you flying Sergio's Mustang! It was hard not to laugh when everyone wanted to make sure I "... get plenty of pictures of Tommy flying that Mustang." I think they forgot Iwas forcedto use your camera yesterday (beings I accidentally left mine at the house), and how easy it would have been for you to simply make them go away. It takes a big man to go ahead and post those pics, knowing all the crap you're gonna be takin' for it. I half thought there might be a post from you saying, "OOPS! I don't know what happened!" Or, "What pictures of me flying a P-51?! I didn't see anything like thatwhen I unloaded the camera!" Thanks for letting me use your equipment, Tom. But most of all, thanks for always being there when I needed a caller.

Jake and Casey, thanks for your assistance, as well.

Bianca,that was a job well done! To go from flying a trainer something like 2 weeks before .. . to only a couple flights on your Corsair and not even knowing if you are racing the day before . . . to racing your first time and making the podium . . . all I can say is, "Wow! With a learning curve like that, I thinka lot of usare in trouble!"

Chris, Mike, Kevin, Bulldog, and the other new and relatively new faces: I am really glad you guys came out. You added much to the quality of the event, the excitement of the races, and the atmosphere in the pits. It is great to feel I've made some new friends, and hope that you'll return againto continue to build on that friendship. Perhaps at leastone of my "Trinity Build" racers will meet the qualifications of yourclubs' raceevents and I can catch a ride with Tommy and Marcelo to join you in one of your races before the end of the season.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:18 AM
roy batty

I see you belly scoop lovers are sinking to new lows, photo shopping poor Tommys image with that PooDoo.
You should all be ashamed.

Watching from the trees with binoculars, I saw it all! [X(]
Old 06-08-2010, 12:42 PM
Casey Leadfoot Smith

Hey Roy, aren't you on probation for doing that very same thing? You know, hanging out in trees with binoculars.
Old 06-08-2010, 03:28 PM
Mluvara
My Feedback: (10)

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Great pictures, thanks!

ORIGINAL: Iron Dog
Chris, Mike, Kevin, Bulldog, and the other new and relatively new faces: I am really glad you guys came out. You added much to the quality of the event, the excitement of the races, and the atmosphere in the pits. It is great to feel I've made some new friends, and hope that you'll return again to continue to build on that friendship. Perhaps at least one of my ''Trinity Build'' racers will meet the qualifications of your clubs' race events and I can catch a ride with Tommy and Marcelo to join you in one of your races before the end of the season.

Thanks for having us. Was fun to throw a new motor in the Miss Ashley II, get it tested and come out and play. I was surprised how well it did with a stock 1.10. I'll see how my schedule pans out for the upcoming races. I hope that some of you can come down to any future races we have in the Bay Area.

Michael
Old 06-08-2010, 05:06 PM
ChrisAttebery
My Feedback: (15)

Well, I looked over the schedule for the rest of the year and I don't think I will back to SAMS this year. I'm out of state the first week of August, The September race is the week before our last race at Morgan Hill, and I don't have a Silver plane at the moment.

I really hope that next year we can work the schedule out so that the races are spread out 3-4 weeks between the two series. It seems like this year they have all been within 1-2 weeks of each other. []
Old 06-08-2010, 07:05 PM
JPGale

Chris,

That is my intention for next year to have around a month between races.

James
Old 06-08-2010, 08:36 PM
Casey Leadfoot Smith

I don't know why nobody saw Roy at the races. I saw him and even snapped a photo. Here's proof........
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64402.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	1450335  
Old 06-08-2010, 08:52 PM
spencer321
My Feedback: (5)

Hey casey...im wondering how my dust tasted when i beat you in the second round in silver
Old 06-08-2010, 09:10 PM
Casey Leadfoot Smith

Ok Spencer, let my explain how racing with a breakout time works. First you have a time to race in. Silver being two minutes. You went faster then two minutes which gave me the victory over you. Second, you can't jump the start or you get black flagged. They waive a big black flag and yell at you to pull up and out and embarrass you in front of everyone out there. You may have been flying faster but not smarter. So I feel that dust tasted pretty darn good! Hey, good job out there though. You never made winning easier!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.