Everything is coming along pretty well. The original plans called for the flat plywood spar to bolt the wing halves together. I like using a wing tube. Finding a tube was easy enough but the tube it goes into was another story. Anyone I talked to said you cant get one or I would have to make one. After some searching on the web I found a company called TNT Landing gear ( http://www.tntlandinggear.com
) they can supply both. I called them and got a 1" wing tube and the phenolic outer tube sent. It is a very nice peice and I am very happy with it.
The rudders and elevators are coming along and I have started cutting out the parts for the tail booms also. The original plans call for the tail booms to have 4 stringers and 5 ribs. At one end the booms are 1 5/8" diameter, they tapper down to only 1". I still have to add two flex tubes for the rudder and elevator on each side. That doesn't leave much room at the smallest rib for the square stringers and flex tubes. 1" rib minus 1/4 on each side for the stringers and 3/16 x 2 for the flex tubes leaves me with 1/8" of wood to support the tail. So I am going to use 1/4" x 1/8" for the stringers to make some room and then put sheet balsa from one end to the other as a spar of sorts to give more strenghth hopfully.