Community
Search
Notices
Tactic & AnyLink Support Forum Ask any questions you may have about AnyLink and Tactic systems here and get answers direct from their team.

My new 850 exam

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2015, 01:42 PM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default My new 850 exam

Just received my 850 and in general, am quite impressed. I have the 650 also and have set up two models with one having the 850 as master and 650 as slave with the second one the 650 as master and 850 as slave. Works very well and they kept in step with at least 100 foot separation, did not go farther to check to see how far apart you could be before you lost the slave command. So far my only complaint is that the slider bars seem to be pretty coarse and rather rough or scratchy control, one may even be somewhat defective but have not checked it out enough to be sure it is not something I may be doing wrong. In all other categories, I think it is a superb buy for the money and easy to program and use. And, like the Futaba, you will need to reverse the throttle when using most ESC's.
Old 02-27-2015, 01:39 AM
Larry882

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guys,
The brown truck stopped by my house Wednesday and delivered a large box that contained a TTX850 and a TTX650 with some batteries and 2 6 channel receivers. The 850 came with 2 TSX35 servos. These are fantastick servos. I did my bench testing with 1 of these servos and a Futaba s3003 and several old Jr servos. The Tactic servo is really fast and quiet.
I struggled threw the 850 book and figured out how to program the radio and gotta say I'm impressed. My previous programming experience has been with Airtronics, SD10G radio so I'm in a pretty steep learning curve.
I got the wireless trainer function to with the 850 as the master and the 650 as the slave and it's a really neat setup. I need to go back to the 650 setup and figure out how to do some servo centering and endpoint adjustments. I already figured out the direction problems with the servos.
I wonder if I can wireless transfer all the settings from the 850 to the 650? The manual isn't real clear about this. The manual, the way that I read it appears as if you can do that from an 850 to a 850. I'm retired, it's winter, and have very little else to do so I'm going to keep playing around with these new toys.
So far I'm very happy with these radios and would recommend them to anybody looking for a system. I really like the low cost 6 channel receiver price.
Thanks,
Larry
Larry Kopecky
Conyers, Georgia
Old 03-02-2015, 08:36 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Per the instruction manual, wireless copy is between two TTX850's. The TTX650 does not have that capability.
Old 03-02-2015, 01:05 PM
Rodney

Originally Posted by Bax
Per the instruction manual, wireless copy is between two TTX850's. The TTX650 does not have that capability.

That is strange, I have both the 650 and 850 and I use the wireless buddy box both ways; i.e. with either as master with the other slave. Works perfectly. I believe the 640 also works with either the 650 or 850 as a slave. Have not tried that as I do not have the 640.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:49 PM
Larry882

Hi Guys,
Went flying yesterday and test flew a very old low wing salvage airplane and test flew my tactic 850. I had several problems with the airplane but the radio worked perfect. At the field, I had to cut down on the rudder throw because the nose gear was way too sensitive. I was able to figure out the menu structure and adjust settings without the manual. I was the only guy flying so I didn't get to check out the wireless buddy trainer system. I have a 850 and a 650 but the airplane is setup as the master on the 850.
Rodney, I was asking about the Wireless Copy System. Not the wireless trainer system.
Thanks,
Larry
Larry Kopecky
Conyers, Georgia
Old 03-03-2015, 04:11 AM
Rodney

Mia Culpa, sorry that I did not read your comments correctly, my fault.
Old 03-12-2015, 07:58 AM
Larry882

Hi Guys,
Went flying again yesterday and got flights 5 and 6 with the Tactic 850. Got the engine and nose gear problems solved and had a great day. The radio worked perfect as expected but still freaks me out when I turn on the Timer Switch and the radio vibrates. There was nobody else flying so I didn't test out the Wireless trainer yet.
Larry
Larry Kopecky
Conyers, georgia
Old 05-18-2015, 10:48 PM
Larry882

Went flying yesterday and finally got to test out the Tactic Wireless Trainer system. I used a 850 for the Master and a 650 for the Slave. The system worked perfect as expected and I encountered no problems once the setup was complete. The setup is a PIA because of all the modern features that the new style computer radios have. In the old days you just centered the trim levers and you where good to go. Now with the mixing, Sub Trim, and End Point adjustments all these factors need to be programmed into the Slave Radio. If I was going to do this again I would have bought 2 850's because then you can do a wireless copy from the master to the slave. The Trainer plane was a Sig Kit built Senior Kadet with a Supertiger 61 and a heavy duty Nose Gear assembly. The student pilot was a 73 year old vet and he actually landed the airplane in 1 piece. It really wasn't a pretty landing but he got it down.
This setup PIA is not just with the Tactic Radios. All the computer radios are going to have this problem and you are going to have to deal with the endpoint adjustment no matter what type of radio you use.
Larry Kopecky
Conyers, Georgia
Old 05-19-2015, 05:50 AM
Bax

We're glad to hear that you're having success with your Tactic systems. We love 'em all!!
Old 07-01-2015, 12:10 AM
Larry882

I have this problem with my ST 61 powered Senior Kadet. The model flys great except for landings. It just wants to float along, seems like forever. I'm wondering if I can mix some down eleavator that would activate at low throttle or Idle? This would be a Landing Mode. I'm using a 850. I didn't see anything in my manual about this.
Thanks,
Larry
Conyers, Georgia
Old 07-02-2015, 06:14 AM
Bax

You would use a mix, and turn it on for your "landing mode". However, adding down elevator may not help much in landings. You may wind up hitting the nosegear a lot. Basically, if the model floats and floats on landing, you're too fast. You'll actually need to get the model a bit slower on approach.
Old 08-14-2015, 11:10 PM
Larry882

Bill Baxter was right about this nose gear problem. I ended up replacing the Supertiger carb with a carburator from a Irving 53. The 53 carburator works better for some reason and now I can get a more reliable and slower idle. I had to turn down the throat of the carburator to 15 MM to get it to fit in the motor. I have a lathe and know how to use it.
I have 100's of flights now with the 850 and have never had a hit or glitch. I have 2 things about the 850 that I don't like. #1 the back of the transmitter case has 2 molded bumps at the bottom that will punch a hole threw your covering if you carry the transmitter on the top of your wing. I guess I could just sand them off with a sanding block. #2 my blue LED doesn't work. Don't know if it ever worked but you really don't need it because the display lights up when you turn the radio on. It's not a big enough problem to send it in for service.
Old 08-15-2015, 11:57 AM
takEon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone else had any problems with the gimbals? The elevator stick on my Tactic TTX850 has developed slop when going from centered to down elevator. My radio is less than 2 weeks old. All other sticks and movements are smooth. Guess I'll have to contact Hobby Services on Monday.
Old 08-17-2015, 06:01 AM
Bax

Larry: The little bumps are feet to keep the back of the transmitter off the surface when you lay it down. The blue light right above the neckstrap loop tells you that the power is turned on. Yes, it would take a trip to the service center to fix it.

TakEon: Your transmitter should be sent to the service center to get that stick fixed. It should not be sloppy at all.
Old 11-02-2015, 07:31 PM
takEon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hobby Services quickly took care of my problem. I used the Tactic 850 for awhile with the SIM to get familiar with its programming. Test flew it over the weekend and am extremely happy with the radio.
Old 12-07-2015, 02:02 AM
Larry882

A couple of weeks ago I purchased several more 6 channel Tactic receivers to go along with my 850 radio. No problem with them, they bound properly and have been test flown. I also bought several of the Tactic receiver switch assemblies, Part # TACM 2002. I found that the screws that you are suppose to mount them with are too short. Mine wouldn't even allow me to mount the switch threw a 3/16 " fuselage side. To make matters even worse, I think they are metric. I tried using a 2/56 screw in place of the supplied screws but had to run a tap through the holes first. This problem would be a serious hiccup for a beginner. These screws should be 1/2" or 513 MM long. I'm posting this here because I know that BAX monitiors this thread.