RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Traxxas Monster Truck forum (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/traxxas-monster-truck-forum-251/)
-   -   Traxxas Summit (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/traxxas-monster-truck-forum-251/10928810-traxxas-summit.html)

pyromatic177 02-24-2012 03:22 PM

RE: Traxxas Summit

LOL i knew what they did. I just wanted to know what the aluminum ones did. but no more having ro worry about the diifs would be nice!

TheKennyKiller 02-24-2012 04:14 PM

The diff cups are bit different, the summit cups have those teeth for the diff lock.

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/...r/DSCN0409.jpg

Rare 02-24-2012 05:17 PM

So, the Hot Racing ones for the revo wont work than right? I need diff cups specifically for the summit......

Rare 02-24-2012 07:17 PM

I really want some aluminum diff cups. If anyone knows where i can buy some please let me know. I checked that german site but i cant understand a word.

TheKennyKiller 02-24-2012 08:35 PM

Yeah I don't think the hot racing ones will fit. Rare do you use google chrome? If you go to the page with google chrome it translates it for you.

TheKennyKiller 02-24-2012 08:50 PM

Here are some good videos of those aluminium diffs. I don't know why this guy doesn't have more views, his videos are great.

Intro
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DkePvehOCk[/youtube]

Part 1
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N2bBgQCyfc&feature=related[/youtube]

Part 2
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIUIUQ0Ppgw&feature=related[/youtube]

Rare 02-25-2012 06:30 PM

Well, I contacted that guy from Germany about the diff cups. Its about $145 for 2 cups shipped. Not bad I guess. Considering its a must have when going brushless with the summit. Hopefully I will get them in a couple of weeks.

TheKennyKiller 02-25-2012 06:35 PM

ORIGINAL: Rare

Well, I contacted that guy from Germany about the diff cups. Its about $145 for 2 cups shipped. Not bad I guess. Considering its a must have when going brushless with the summit. Hopefully I will get them in a couple of weeks.
Did you watch those videos? Just an FYI you do need to file them down a little to fit the support bar in. Post up some pics when you get them and tell us how the install goes.

Rare 02-25-2012 07:15 PM

Did you watch those videos? Just an FYI you do need to file them down a little to fit the support bar in. Post up some pics when you get them and tell us how the install goes.
Yeah, I watched them. I love his videos. I always check the traxxas forums to see what hes up to. I wonder what he does for a living to afford all that stuff he has....[&:]

TheKennyKiller 02-25-2012 07:58 PM

ORIGINAL: Rare

Yeah, I watched them. I love his videos. I always check the traxxas forums to see what hes up to. I wonder what he does for a living to afford all that stuff he has....[&:]
Is he a regular over there is he? I check the Traxxas forums from time to time but I don't use them much if at all. Sometimes I think when you get bitten buy the rc bug it's not hard to find the money, I don't drink very often anymore but if I do the math on what some of my buddies spend on alcohol in a six month period I think about how my rc hobby doesn't even come close.

Summit is Beast!!! 02-25-2012 08:09 PM

Yeah the money i save on just not buying video games is gonna supply my rc bug!!! Lol i barely cut it on anymore. Hey ive talked one of my friends into getting a summit, hes looking to spend around $400 on a used 1. If yall see anything in that price range let me know please.

pyromatic177 02-25-2012 08:36 PM

ORIGINAL: Summit is Beast!!!

Yeah the money i save on just not buying video games is gonna supply my rc bug!!! Lol i barely cut it on anymore. Hey ive talked one of my friends into getting a summit, hes looking to spend around $400 on a used 1. If yall see anything in that price range let me know please.
Yeah no prob dude http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...wink_smile.gif

TheKennyKiller 02-25-2012 09:01 PM

What sort of games did you play Beast? I played a lot of Black Ops last year when it was popular and started playing it a little bit lately but mostly if i even turn the xbox on I play tag on Forza 4, good way to kill an hour or two and tag with cars is more fun then you might think.

I would say craigslist would be you best bet for something second hand. I check ebay from time to time but never find much.

Summit is Beast!!! 02-25-2012 09:04 PM

Oooo forza is the &$/!....add me NickSmokesALOT. I play cycled production and drift mostly, but ill play anything on forza.

pyromatic177 02-26-2012 06:20 AM

ORIGINAL: TheKennyKiller

What sort of games did you play Beast? I played a lot of Black Ops last year when it was popular and started playing it a little bit lately but mostly if i even turn the xbox on I play tag on Forza 4, good way to kill an hour or two and tag with cars is more fun then you might think.

I would say craigslist would be you best bet for something second hand. I check ebay from time to time but never find much.
You play Halo?

Summit is Beast!!! 02-26-2012 07:07 AM

Na not a big halo fan since the last three were just about the exact same! Lol

Rare 02-26-2012 08:46 AM

Ive already sold all my ps3 games except for Skyrim. I dont even play it anymore though. I only turn on my ps3 to watch netflix, but now you dont even need a ps3 to watch netflix on demand if you have a smart tv. Im going to sell my ps3. Im not much of a gamer anyway. Im more of RC kind of guy....you know?

pyromatic177 02-26-2012 09:02 AM

Whatcha talkin bout. Halois awesome. But there's 5 out with a 6th on the way. It's Halo 1 Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 3 ODST, Halo Reach, AND,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,HALO4=Wooo Hoooo. I'm a huge Halo fan http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...eeth_smile.gif

Rare 02-26-2012 11:37 AM

Is he a regular over there is he? I check the Traxxas forums from time to time but I don't use them much if at all. Sometimes I think when you get bitten buy the rc bug it's not hard to find the money, I don't drink very often anymore but if I do the math on what some of my buddies spend on alcohol in a six month period I think about how my rc hobby doesn't even come close.
Yeah, hes a regular over there. His name is Scaniris i think. He has his own summit build thread. Hes got like every single upgrade made for the summit.

Rare 02-26-2012 03:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Took the summit out today since the sun was actually out. Couldnt get alot of traction on those rocks because of the slush and snow. The summit is not a great crawler, but we all new that right? Its good but its not great. I still had tons of fun and was able to do some speed runs as well. Im using stock gearing right now and this thing flys! My waterproofing obviously worked too! Also, no cogging at all when crawling. I love my new setup!

TheKennyKiller 02-26-2012 03:32 PM

ORIGINAL: pyromatic177

Whatcha talkin bout. Halo is awesome. But there's 5 out with a 6th on the way. It's Halo 1 Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 3 ODST, Halo Reach, AND,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,HALO 4=Wooo Hoooo. I'm a huge Halo fan [img][/img]
I haven't played Halo in a while but I used to play a lot of Halo 3 and then Reach when it came out. I bought the new Combat Evolved but I haven't played it much, I have a few impressive sniper clips in my Reach file share that are probably more fluke then skill.

Check out this cool 6X6 Summit I found online. Looks like fun but probably not something I would try and build.

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/...ler/204373.jpg

TheKennyKiller 02-26-2012 03:35 PM

Nice pics Rare, I love pics of a Summit out in nature. Would love to have seen some video of it knowing that it's got a brushless system.

Rare 02-26-2012 04:37 PM

Nice pics Rare, I love pics of a Summit out in nature. Would love to have seen some video of it knowing that it's got a brushless system.
Yeah, I wanted to get some footage of it in action, but I was by myself today. I cant tape and drive like other guys can. I would have asked my wife to record it, but she had to work today.

LaTuFu 02-27-2012 05:28 AM

The diff cups are bit different, the summit cups have those teeth for the diff lock.

Good call, Idon't know what I was thinking when I said the diff cups were the same. Not like Ihaven't rebuilt both...

TheKennyKiller 02-27-2012 06:40 AM

ORIGINAL: LaTuFu

Good call, I don't know what I was thinking when I said the diff cups were the same. Not like I haven't rebuilt both...

I thought you would have known that but you're brain wasn't telling you it did, don't worry I put the milk in the cupboard the other day. [sm=confused.gif]