Community
Search
Notices
Weatronic Support Forum Go here to get help with your Weatronic products.

Welcome Weatronic's

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 12:01 PM
Nathan
Administrator
My Feedback: (12)

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Welcome Weatronic's

I'd like to welcome Weatronics to their own support forum on RCU. If you need help with anything Weatronic, this is the place for you.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:16 PM
azhar
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Welcome Weatronic's

Since no one has posted anything as yet, let me be the first.

I went through your product information and was very impressed with the product. But given the direction of radios switching from 72Mhz to 2.4Ghz, what is the likelihood that you guys produce a similar product based on 2.4Ghz?

Correct me if I am wrong, does your system accept Lithium batts without regulators?

Just a potential buyer asking questions.

Azhar
Old 08-25-2007, 03:56 PM
ColinW

Hi,
Seems quiet on this thread. To answer your question: the Weatronics can accept either NICAD or LIPO - you tell it what you are using when you set up the software interface. It is easy to change so long as you have a PC just plug in the PC and change the battery type.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:20 PM
gerhardp

Hi Azhar,
Sorry I didn't get to your question sooner.

There are several directions that the 72MHz / 2.4 GHz can go. There is no sign of a total switching going on. A lot of people, including other major manufacturers are stating that there are appliations where 2.4 GHz will not work as satisfactory and you are better off with 72 MHz. Many people also want to wait out for a while and see how 2.4GHz "matures", which usually takes a year or two.
I personally think that there will be a future of coexistence. Weatronics is looking at the world wide market. We are working on a 2.4GHz system as well. There are different regulations for the different regions and countries. The systems have to adopt to all. I do not know when it will happen yet. Keep checking in at the Weatonic websites for updates.

You define the type of batteries (two choices Ni-Cad, Ni-MH / Li-Po) used in the basic settings tab of the receiver. It determines the switch over voltage when your receiver switches from the main battery to backup.
If you want to use Li-Ion batteries, you have to make sure that they can handle the loads, determined by the servos you arre using, since they do not have a current (amperes) peak discharge rate as compared to the others.

Regarding the regulators, there are six of them on board of the receiver. Two are reserved for the receivers individually. The other 4 supply the servos - in groups. See the manual for more detail. Through distribution of servos on these regulators you can avoid overloading the regulators on peak current withdrawal (up to 7 ams each). See the specs for more detail.

You can download the software and instuctions for free after registering and go through every scenario you can think of.

Thanks again,

Gerhard
Old 08-27-2007, 09:46 AM
azhar
My Feedback: (19)

Thanks Gerhard. I will follow your product carefully.

Azhar
Old 09-03-2007, 03:29 PM
bernardb
My Feedback: (2)

Hi Gerhard,

I sent a similar question thru Weatronics.com support.

I ordered a 12-20 R Gyro. I am still confused about which servos I can use with the Weatronics.

The Weatronics supplies 6.0 Volts. Does this mean I cannot use 4.8 Volt servos such as the Futaba S9252 or S9255 with the Weatronics?

Thanks for the help!

Bernard
Old 09-03-2007, 05:14 PM
gerhardp

Hi Bernhard,
We are checking with Futaba to get their take on it. Generally speaking, when you have a 4 cell battery which is a 4.8 nominal battery, you will typically have a voltage reading of up to 5.8 V after charging. This will drop down of course when it gets discharged, but still you start out at almost 6 V.

I will let you know what we get to know from the servo manufacturers.

Gerhard
Old 09-05-2007, 09:53 AM
jetnuno

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Hi Gerhard

I got the same question but for the Futaba 3150 servo also rated at 4,8V only.The weatronics voltage regulator is 6,0V. At the beginning I thought that Futaba was claiming that these servos can only handle 4,8V, because a fully charged 6 V pack can reach 7,2 Volts. I have sent an e-mail to Futaba and I got the herunder anwser regading the subject:

Thank you for your recent e-mail.

No you should not use that with that voltage. You would need to
regulate that down to around 5.8 volts. Just remember that the higher
the voltage, the shorter the servo life.

Does 0,2V make a big difference? Is there any chance that the weatronics regulators can be rated at 5,5 or 5,8Volts?

Regds
Nuno

Old 09-06-2007, 04:05 AM
morelli

The German distributor of Futaba, Robbe, has given us the information, that a regulated voltage of 6.0 Volts as supplied by all weatronic Dual Receivers is innocuous for the new Futaba servos as for 3150. With other words: these servos work properly with weatronic Dual Receivers.

weatronic GmbH
Managing Director
Rolf Alexander Westphal
Seidenstr. 57
D-70174 Stuttgart
www.weatronic.com
[email protected]
Tel: +49/711/253 9274
Fax: +49/711/870 30 994
Cell: +49/171/415 8304
Old 09-25-2007, 11:11 PM
taprackflip
My Feedback: (29)

What is the best price on Weatronic? I see that RCI has them starting at $300. [link]http://rcint.com/electronics_page.htm[/link]
Old 10-03-2007, 10:26 PM
armandolenzi

greetings good night friends recently buy a receiver weatronic my question is the antennas of the receiver I can cut them to place a pair to them of antennas revolution or Hayes
Old 10-04-2007, 11:34 AM
gerhardp

Hi,
Yes. The overall length of the antennas has to be the same. If whip antenna length is 12 inches, cut off 12 inches off the original antenna. Make sure you have a good connector.

Make a range check before cut and after cut and analyze the signal strength with the Nav View software.

Gerhard
Old 07-16-2008, 07:49 AM
ddennison
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am just getting started with my Weatronic and am looking fro some help with a few questions. Any help is appreciated:
1) When saving the the set-up in the PC I understand you MUSt be attached to the reciever by the USB?
Can I program the initial configuration without being attached to the receiver?

2) When saving the set-up, how do you switch between models and make sure the receiver is loaded with the correct model? Is this automatic when you "save"?

3) Does the save feature save the program on the PC AND within the receiver? (My understanding is that the SD card is not for programming, just updating firmware and downloading iin flight data)??

4) When do you synch? I will have only one servo per surface but willl have two servos for rudder, elevator, flap (F22). Can or should I synch those so thay have the same travel?

Thanks in advance!
Dave Dennison
Old 07-16-2008, 07:51 AM
ddennison

Forgot two things.

1) How do I turn off my failsafe in my 10x? I know how to go between hold/failsafe but am not sure how I turn it off as required in the weatronic instructions

2) How do I setup my Jetcat failsafe/Learn function with the Weatronic?

THANKS !

Dave Dennison
Old 07-16-2008, 05:13 PM
gerhardp

Hi David,
in response to your questions:

1. When you do a setup and have proven it in the model, you have to save it to the receiver for sure and optionally (as a backup) you can save it to your computer as well. In order to tell them apart you have to give the files (in the computer) unique names and in addition you can add a photo of the plane on the info page. The photo should be located in the same file as the configuration file. You can open an existing configuration on the computer without being connected to the receiver. You can edit and do changes but do not see the effect until you connect to the receiver. Then you can check out the changes, tweak them and save them to the receiver and the computer as well. This way you can actually set up different configurations and if you take the computer along to the flying field quickly change and try out the different versions until you find what you want.
2. When you connect to a receiver that you want to do changes to, you can either have a program already open in the computer and check it when you connect, or you upload the program from the receiver every time you connect, do the changes you want, verify them in the model and make sure to save them to the receiver before disconnecting. You can save the program to the computer at any time before or after you have saved the setup to the receiver.
3. The terminology for saving to the computer is “load settings†and “store setting†while the terminology for the receiver is “read (all) settings†and “save configurationâ€. The SD-card is as you stated correctly for loading a new firmware and to store flight log files and make them available for analysis in the computer.
4. You can use synch only when you have two or more servos on the same surface with the servos running the same direction. They should also be close (5% as in the manual) to each other on the movements. Then you master slave them and synchronize them while you save the configuration to the receiver. (servo settings page bottom right) Please read more detail on the procedure in the manual. You can use the master slave setting to copy a curve from one servo to another though. You can master / slave the two elevator servos for example and have a curve in the master servo. After unselecting the master / slave relationship you still have the same curve on the second servo, which you can now reverse, change the center by moving the curve and or adjusting the endpoints as well. (Also see pages 22 to 25 of the current manual)
5. I don’t know how to program the 10X. The manual is available online on the Futaba website.
6. You dedicate a switch channel for the learn failsafe function (second from far right column), select the channels that you want to save the selection to L in the far right column, check the up / down orientation of the switch and go fly with the switch in the “up†position. When stable flight for Failsafe “learn†is achieved, switch back to middle position, which keeps that setting as the learned position. In flight or after landing you can check the positions by selecting to down position which will simulate a failsafe event. If satisfied, connect the receiver to the computer and with a right click of the mouse on the channel for failsafe learn will permanently store the settings learned and be acknowledged by changing the L’s in the far right columns to F. You can at any time go in and correct these values if desired. See more detail on pages 25 and 26 of the current manual.

Hope this helps,

Gerhard
Old 08-09-2008, 08:28 PM
ddennison

Hello,

I am looking for help with a weatronic receiver, JR 10X, and am trying to use the gear channel to operate the (1) doors and (2) gear - utilizing the sequencer function.

I cannot get these to operate other than at the same time. I know we are to use a "slow" feature that I do not know exists in the 10X and I tried to slow the gear channel down but of course that gives a slower but similar motion to both servos...

Any thoughts are appreciated. I bought this hoping I could avoid another sequencer ..hoping it can work.

Thanks,
Dave
Old 08-09-2008, 09:00 PM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Dave,
You need to create a curve for each channel.
Assuming sequence of open door- retract gear - close door. : the curve for the door socket is like an inverted glass of water. Start at 0%t, then go up, remain there for a while, then go back down. The retract socket curve has to reach 100% when the door is open (at the same time you are 100% in in the inverted glass, which is about halfway). then it remains at 100%.

If your sequence is open door- retract gear (doors remain open) then the curve for the doors is only half ot the previous (it does not return to flat after being at 100%)

You need to be able to slow down the channel in the Tx to about 5-6 seconds for this to work.

Good luck
Old 08-09-2008, 09:06 PM
gerhardp

Hi David,
If you do not have the slow function available for your gear channel, then you can put it on a differet channel and that would make it manual, which you can do slowly and then it schould work perfectly.

Gerhard
Old 08-09-2008, 09:46 PM
ddennison

Thanks Gerhard,

If I move the servo to another channel, I will have to skip a row (leave one row empty) in the rxctrl program - will that be ok?

Thanks
Dave
Old 08-09-2008, 10:58 PM
gerhardp

Hi David,
Yes indeed. you can program any channel to any servo. Stepping it down like stairs makes it just easier to keep the load distributed among the voltage controllers. Just play with it with servos not attached to any surface and you will see what all you can come up with.

Gerhard
Old 08-10-2008, 02:51 AM
ddennison

Thanks for the advice.

I have something working now but would like a little more delay before the doors close when the gear is going up...will keep working on the curves.

Dave
Old 05-08-2009, 09:28 AM
David Gladwin

Received 145 Likes on 93 Posts

The Weatronics 2.4 is here, or at least the Micros are !

I have the first production Micros for the RCJI review. I guues the big Dual Receiver will be here very soon.

Regards, David Gladwin.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:13 PM
Mokken
My Feedback: (63)

ORIGINAL: David Gladwin

The Weatronics 2.4 is here, or at least the Micros are !

I have the first production Micros for the RCJI review. I guues the big Dual Receiver will be here very soon.

Regards, David Gladwin.
Picking up my JR 10x Module and 10ch Micro this Friday at Joe Nall, looking forward to moving to 2.4 now.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:39 PM
Mokken
My Feedback: (63)

I put the first five flights on my 2.6m YAK this past Sunday for the first time on the new system, five perfect flights. Did the range check out to 120 paces at 1mW with no issues. The telemetry after the flight showed no FS frames and everything within Weatronic recommended flight parameters.

Running a jr10x and 10ch micro RX

I'm very happy and glad I waited.

Old 08-12-2009, 04:02 PM
ddennison

I am having a little trouble with my Weatronic receiver setup for my flap servos..

I have 4 servos and flaps, with one servo attached to each falp - not all on one surface, .

The port servos get to the full travel a split second sooner and they begin to retract a split second sooner than the stbd ones. I checked centers/travel etc and cannot chenge this. I am wondering if these should be synched?

Thanks for any help,

Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.