Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Official Traxxas 1/16 Summit VXL

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 08:29 PM
Krazy Chicken

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Traxxas 1/16 Summit VXL

lol the two blackfoots are completly different then each other dumb dumb, they share nothing in common except the name. we know who you are redvanmafia
ORIGINAL: crunchNmunch

ORIGINAL: Krazy Chicken

what the heck are you talking about, how the heck am i a fan boy, a fan boy owns only one brand. which i do not redvanmafia.

you still had no freakin reason to bring tamiya, nobody mentioned them till you did.
Nobody saw fit bringing Losi into the discussion until you did.

Pot = Kettle
i was bringging up a point, you brought up something from a couple months ago. just saying that losi has been known from bringing their larger modles into smaller form, now traxxas seems to be doing the same thing. i said nothing about the cross of platforms that you brought up randomly redvanmafia.
Your point is moot. You're a fan of a company whose pattern has been rebadging an existing vehicle after some minor cosmetic changesand releasing it under a new name. JUSTLIKETRAXASSHASDONEHERE. Ironic that you would choose to make such an inane comparison.
what the heck are you talking about, how the heck am i a fan boy, a fan boy owns only one brand. which i do not redvanmafia.
Amongst the basher list in your signature, it's dominated by the company.
You even own two of the examples of the "remade" vehicles.
You must be a fan.

Oh, and one more thing, there's no reason stated in the English language that you need to end each sentence with redvanmania.You really should finish school.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:32 PM
Krazy Chicken

i would like that, still dissapointed to see open diffs
ORIGINAL: boatfisher25

Maybe traxxas will decide to make an accessory kit for the lights and maybe even high or low transmission.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:35 PM
meef rustler

Yay now you can make your merv a super offroader, why would they do this? Cmon traxxas make something that's actually new.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:35 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Dale Gribble

ORIGINAL: sheograth

Everyone just seems to be making all their vehicles in all scales now :/ RELEASE SOMETHING NEW!
You can't argue that the platform sharing gives them maximum market saturation and a greater ROI with less R&D. We may think they are 'whoring' the platform, but to the masses, they just get that many more reasons to buy something from their hobby store shelf.

Anyone who has driven a 1/16 vxl e-revo knows that they are prone to rollovers due to the crazy HP/weight ratio. SO, increasing the COG is going to make this far worse. Also, this platform will disappoint some by not being that drivable in all but the smoothest surfaces even though it looks very rugged.

I love Traxxas and I understand their repackaging of a successful platform, but I will pass on this iteration.
Well I find the mini revo performed well outside in the grass and ramming it through leaves the other day. It's a tad more prone to rollovers due to the higher COG than my tamiya DF-02, but it gets stuck on less too so that is a decent trade off IMO. But I got mine geared down a teeny bit with the 23t pinion instead of the 28t that is stock.

But yea they jacked its COG another half an inch higher keeping the speed relatively similar is not a good move IMO
Old 10-21-2010, 08:48 PM
crunchNmunch

Apparently your mommy not only needs tosend you to a proper school, so you can learn how to read, but also to a rehab program.

lol the two blackfoots are completly different then each other dumb dumb, they share nothing in common except the name. we know who you are redvanmafia

you still had no freakin reason to bring tamiya, nobody mentioned them till you did.

Pot = Kettle
i was bringging up a point, you brought up something from a couple months ago. just saying that losi has been known from bringing their larger modles into smaller form, now traxxas seems to be doing the same thing. i said nothing about the cross of platforms that you brought up randomly redvanmafia.
Your point is moot. You're a fan of a company whose pattern has been rebadging an existing vehicle after some minor cosmetic changesand releasing it under a new name. JUSTLIKETRAXASSHASDONEHERE. Ironic that you would choose to make such an inane comparison.
You must be a fan.

Oh, and one more thing, there's no reason stated in the English language that you need to end each sentence with redvanmania.You really should finish school.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:03 PM
ThEoNeS911

I think the Slash and Revo were fine, no need for the Rally and Summit, if they had features like the locking diffs on the Summit or some variation of the Tenbol Big Block for the Rally that seperate them from the MERV then I would be fine with them but 4 versions of the same thing is too much IMO.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:07 PM
Krazy Chicken

lol ok redvanmafia, i dont know why your getting so defencive if you are always right about everything. i have been through this with you before.

Apparently your mommy not only needs tosend you to a proper school, so you can learn how to read, but also to a rehab program.

Pot = Kettle
You must be a fan.

Old 10-21-2010, 09:11 PM
crunchNmunch

On second thought, maybe it would just be better if she got you back on your seroquel.
Do you hear voices too?

lol ok redvanmafia, i dont know why your getting so defencive if you are always right about everything. i have been through this with you before.

Pot = Kettle
You must be a fan.

Old 10-21-2010, 09:14 PM
Krazy Chicken

wow you just keep giving your self away redvanmafia. their is no fooling, i see through your act.

On second thought, maybe it would just be better if she got you back on your seroquel.
Do you hear voices too?

Pot = Kettle
You must be a fan.

Old 10-21-2010, 09:23 PM
crunchNmunch

Yup, I was right the second time. Definately psychotic.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:24 PM
Krazy Chicken

you know what im going to be the bigger man, and step out of here without resorting to personal insults.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:27 PM
crunchNmunch

you know what im going to be the bigger man, and step out of here without resorting to personal insults.
You started the name-calling; and for you to "be the bigger man" would require you to actually be a man.
You missed again.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:36 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: ThEoNeS911

I think the Slash and Revo were fine, no need for the Rally and Summit, if they had features like the locking diffs on the Summit or some variation of the Tenbol Big Block for the Rally that seperate them from the MERV then I would be fine with them but 4 versions of the same thing is too much IMO.
you mean 5...
Revo, slash, rally, summit, and mustang onroad car...
Honestly with the reuse of the chassis an 99% of the parts the cost should drop a teeny bit IMO, but instead there jacking them up higher than the currents...
Also I think they are releasing too many too fast.

But then again your going to get the people like OMG THEY JUST RELEASED THE SUMMIT I MUST BUY ONE ITS NOTHING LIKE MY MINI REVO, OR SLASH 4X4, OR RALLY ITS TOTALLY NEW AND REVOLUTIONARY kinda like apple and the people who own all 50 million versions of the iphone claiming each one is new and revolutionary
Old 10-21-2010, 09:50 PM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: sheograth

Everyone just seems to be making all their vehicles in all scales now :/ RELEASE SOMETHING NEW!
You can't argue that the platform sharing gives them maximum market saturation and a greater ROI with less R&D. We may think they are 'whoring' the platform, but to the masses, they just get that many more reasons to buy something from their hobby store shelf.

Anyone who has driven a 1/16 vxl e-revo knows that they are prone to rollovers due to the crazy HP/weight ratio. SO, increasing the COG is going to make this far worse. Also, this platform will disappoint some by not being that drivable in all but the smoothest surfaces even though it looks very rugged.

I love Traxxas and I understand their repackaging of a successful platform, but I will pass on this iteration.
good point about the higher COG
Old 10-21-2010, 11:50 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have more problems with the Mini Slash rolling over then I have with the Mini Revo.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:32 AM
TWERPA
My Feedback: (19)

I second you on that one too.. Slash is way to easy to roll even with one stock battery, so let alone a lipo..I run twin 1600 Intellect packs and im on my second set of tires/rim's in less than 6battery cycles.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:55 AM
1fastsob
My Feedback: (33)

lol I've ran my tenbol big block kit from my merv in my rally....I dont mind paying a little for a vehicle that I dont have to change stuff to be different, however the mini summit just dissappoints me...thumbs down on this one traxxas..unless remote locking diffs come available lol.
ORIGINAL: ThEoNeS911

Old 10-22-2010, 01:34 AM
micro guy

This will most likely be like the mini-revo when it was first released. They said it was going to be released before Christmas but that didnt happen. So this mini summit might not be released before the holidays but i dont know for sure just like none of you know for sure. Anyways the point im trying to get at is hopefully the Traxxas engineers will "tweak it" more in a good way. And hopefully they will make a remote differential locking mode into it before its released obvisously. But if they dont end up doing that, the mini summit would kind of be a waste of money if you already have a mini revo IMO. I would just buy the couple of things that are different to make it a mini summit, but i would still have the parts to turn it back into the revo.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:44 AM
01bluerado
My Feedback: (11)

if there is an aftermarket or traxxas is holding back and still going to make a few changes then this could be an awesome truck. i would love to have a baby version of my summit that was 2 speed, locking diffs, and lights! im sure it could be done so i still see some potential and i absolutely love the summit look.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:36 AM
honda2237

not to impressive, i wish they would come out with a more monster truck mini, like maybe a mini e-maxx, i mean they have merv is more of a track type truck. The summit is just like the merv with big tires and a different body, and the front rockers on the rear. IF they would make a mini e-maxx, they would have a nice wide range of minis from road to track to bashing.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:21 AM
crunchNmunch

I really don't understand why everybody is trashing the new traxxas releases.

Everybody is wanting all these cool option parts (locking diffs, whatever), or something revolutionary, and yet nobody's willing to pay for it.
The average basher, traxxas' typical clientele, is wanting something cool that goes fast - and with these VXL versions they're getting exactly what they're asking for.
The mini-erevo is not a "track type truck." For anything to be a track or racing vehicle it would need a specific class to run in, and there are no 1/16th scale classes. The truck has no contempory or competitor on the market. Traxxas has said many times it's not a race company, they build RC's for the average/basher user.

Everybody complained about the Mini-Slash when it came out, said it was too tippy and rolled over too easily. It couldn't compete with the Mini-ERevo offroad, and was worthless on the street (where everybody was cartrolling them and breaking them), so traxxas did the next best thing and re-released it in a Rally car version. Lowered the suspension, put onroad tires on it, kept the BL system in it so it'd be a rocket - and viola!
Then everybody complained that the Mini-ERevo didn't have enough ground clearance for rough terrain, so traxxas did the next best thing and re-lreased it in the Savage MTversion. Jacked up the suspension, put MTtires on it, kept the LBsystem in it so it'd be a rocket - and viola!

If you guys want to be so picky invest your money in the aftermarket, buy the body and paint it yourselfyou want to change the look, be a TRUE hobbyist and figure out how to put a locking diff or whateverin the thing.
But for cripes sake stop complaining about a CHEAPRTRRCcar/truck.

off rant
Old 10-22-2010, 11:36 AM
honda2237

I really don't understand why everybody is trashing the new traxxas releases. [img][/img]

Everybody is wanting all these cool option parts (locking diffs, whatever), or something revolutionary, and yet nobody's willing to pay for it.
The average basher, traxxas' typical clientele, is wanting something cool that goes fast - and with these VXL versions they're getting exactly what they're asking for.
The mini-erevo is not a ''track type truck.'' For anything to be a track or racing vehicle it would need a specific class to run in, and there are no 1/16th scale classes. The truck has no contempory or competitor on the market. Traxxas has said many times it's not a race company, they build RC's for the average/basher user.

Everybody complained about the Mini-Slash when it came out, said it was too tippy and rolled over too easily. It couldn't compete with the Mini-ERevo offroad, and was worthless on the street (where everybody was cartrolling them and breaking them), so traxxas did the next best thing and re-released it in a Rally car version. Lowered the suspension, put onroad tires on it, kept the BL system in it so it'd be a rocket - and viola!
Then everybody complained that the Mini-ERevo didn't have enough ground clearance for rough terrain, so traxxas did the next best thing and re-lreased it in the Savage MT version. Jacked up the suspension, put MT tires on it, kept the LB system in it so it'd be a rocket - and viola!
If you guys want to be so picky invest your money in the aftermarket, buy the body and paint it yourself you want to change the look, be a TRUE hobbyist and figure out how to put a locking diff or whatever in the thing.
But for cripes sake stop complaining about a CHEAP RTR RC car/truck. [img][/img]

off rant
I said track type tuck, as meaning more meant for the track rather than bashing, i know there aren't any classes or competition, And i didn't say racer type truck. There were a lot of complaint about the merv not doing well off road like bashing because of the lack of ground clearance, ect (like you said). That why i stated it would better off if they came out with a more monster truck type like a mini E-maxx, if they could do that, that would actually be really impressive to add to their huge list of 1/16th. Plus there would be less complaining, as there already is a lot about this truck. I'm not argueing, just stating why i said that. Honestly, i would never use the locking diffs, but the LEDs would be cool, i need to install some on my brushless lst. I still think the summit is pretty cool looking.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:56 AM
revo_sbs
My Feedback: (23)

Still not interested in Traxxas mini's. Sorry guys [&o] I'm too attached to my Vendetta's. Not as heavy and just as fast!!!!!! I really race instead of bash so that is my standpoint.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:31 PM
dskuro95

I am going to get a little summit an a little rally car.....I honestly think its cool. And i like how they use the same parts because it is much easier when you break a part to get one...U dont need to get 20 different part numbers you can just use one.  I actualy like the idea.  I can't wait to get one.  And i will rock crawl....And i called traxxas and they said they will be making an aftermarket locking diff.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:13 PM
Carnage334

I'm soooooo down and excited for this mini summit! I have wanted a summit for a while now, but they arent cheep and are a little big for my liking. I got a e-maxx now and when i work on it I takes up my WHOLEtable. Soif whatdskuro said is true and they some out with aftermarket locking diffs that would be SWEEEETTT!A mini "semi" crawler that does 40+ sounds good to me!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.