Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Sportwerks Recoil - replacement servo

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 07:52 PM
austexjg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sportwerks Recoil - replacement servo

Does anyone know of a direct repalcement for the s-25 servo in the Recoils/Tailwhips?

I tried the HS-81, but the servo will need to be taped in place instead of using the mounting holes on the chassis. I just want to do a simple replacement, but finding a s-25 servo is near impossible.

Thanks for the help - a serach did not help to solve the question.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:57 AM
austexjg

Default RE: Sportwerks Recoil - replacement servo

Anybody?
Old 11-15-2010, 06:44 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=SWK6210

The S-25 is available on Horizon
Old 11-16-2010, 11:53 AM
austexjg

I saw that yesterday, but I have read that the S-25 servo dies quickly. Mine only lasted a short time. I just thought someone might know of a direct replacement that is an upgrade from stock. If nothing else, I guess I will get the S-25 servo.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:46 AM
burnineyes

Do you have the optional mounts and servo saver inserts that came with the car? If so it should not be difficult to fit a variety of servos in the car. I believe the HItec 65 fits easily, but the specs are not that great considering its cost. I ran a Hitec 82MG for awhile too until it burned up when someone changed my endpoints, I just used one of the small mounts on the inside and a wide one on the outside. I believe the 82 is the same dimensions as the 81. When that one failed I picked up the D-MG16 from Hobbyking for $9. It took some minor tweaking to fit, but it is faster, more powerful and centers better than any of the others I have used, and it has held up great for several months so far. I was so impressed I recently bought three more for my other mini cars and they all seem equally as good. I have killed a few stock ones in less than 5 laps without a major impact, and seen several come out of the box with problems. I would stay away from them if you can.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:15 PM
austexjg

What optional mounts are you talking about? The ones with just one hole instead of two that attach to the servo? What do the servo saver inserts look like?

I have the Tailwhip drift version, not a Recoil, but I think the parts are the same.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:33 PM
burnineyes

Yes they are the same as far as the servo is concerned.
[link]http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/1_25_1475_979/products_id/28614/n/Sportwerks-Steering-Rack-Servo-Saver-Set[/link]
Here is a listing for the steering parts.

There are 3 mounts shown in the pic, the long one on the top left, medium one on the top right, and the block next to the medium one is a short mount. You can mix and match these as needed to fit many different servos in the car.
The inserts are shown as well, two of them are shown still attached to the parts tree on the far left, and one is shown on the other side next to some other parts.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:19 PM
austexjg

I have everything but the "medium" mounts. The original mounts used two screws to attach to the servo, the optional mounts only use one screw to attach to the servo. This is causing my problems.