Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Official HPI Savage Flux XS thread...

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 02:48 PM
0midnight5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official HPI Savage Flux XS thread...

ORIGINAL: nitro-rob

I'm running the castle 3800kv SCT motor. Its a little shorter than the vektor 4000. I don't know if its really an upgrade but rather just a different motor from castle. You can't put in a motor that is longer than 57 mm. SCT motor is 54 mm. I personally think the SCT is a great motor for unsensored and it seems perfect for the savage xs.

do you notice much of a differenc in proformance with that motor?
Old 10-06-2011, 02:50 PM
0midnight5

ORIGINAL: redfisher1974

Ran on 3s for 15 minutes, Temps 140 motor 118 esc and 85 lipo. Worked well untill the end when I think I spun the pinion or the slipper. Motor spins but no movement, I will look into it after I give the kids a bath.

my slipper keeps coming lose even after i loctite , its starting to become very annoying
Old 10-06-2011, 02:52 PM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

ORIGINAL: TheKennyKiller

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

ORIGINAL: russ81072

ok guys where can i get the castle link card 1.31 from? i am getting everything ready for when my truck gets here.
The 1.31 is the firmware version that is on the esc..
I thought 1.31 was the amount of minutes the XS will last on 3S
No, that's 1.3 seconds on 3S
Old 10-06-2011, 02:53 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: gofastturnleft24

I am really bummed..... It doesn't rain all day while I am at work and as soon as I pull up to my house the flood gates open and it starts raining again.... I guess that is what I get for living in the Pacific Northwest.... But the weather is showing partly cloudy/sunny weather through Saturday evening.. Maybe we will get some bashing in and some newer videos. I also need to get a new ramp seeing how the last one only last about 10 jumps before it was a pile of broken plastic...[:@]
Flux is waterproof...man up and put on a raincoat

You ever been in Portland, Oregon when it rains....
Old 10-06-2011, 02:57 PM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

ORIGINAL: Ptec

I would almost rather put the HPI motor in my mini revo and upgrade the XS motor if I could find one that was substantially better.
Do they even make an after market 540 motor mount for the mini revo?
Old 10-06-2011, 02:59 PM
t9dragon

Ran on 3s for 15 minutes, Temps 140 motor 118 esc and 85 lipo. Worked well untill the end when I think I spun the pinion or the slipper. Motor spins but no movement, I will look into it after I give the kids a bath.
Same thing happened to my son's XS and it was the pinion gear coming loose.
Old 10-06-2011, 03:33 PM
hereticgod
My Feedback: (9)

Tenbol motor mount I have the 1/10 vxl system on my merv.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:00 PM
gforce2448
My Feedback: (12)

The Tenbol motor mount or the Traxxas 540 motor mount used on the brushed mini models. The Traxxas mount is way cheaper though.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:01 PM
redfisher1974

Ran on 3s for 15 minutes, Temps 140 motor 118 esc and 85 lipo. Worked well until the end when I think I spun the pinion or the slipper. Motor spins but no movement, I will look into it after I give the kids a bath.
Same thing happened to my son's XS and it was the pinion gear coming loose.
Yup, It was loose and had no loctite. Put some blue locite on and slapped it back together. You can tell by looking at the holes on the motor that they had a hard time lining it up and getting the bolts in at the factory as you can see where they missed the holes and made marks in the can.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:05 PM
0midnight5

i would like to get the wheely bar for mine, i usually dont like them but i cant seem to find any on line. the part number in the manual is bad.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:08 PM
RCJuice

ORIGINAL: gofastturnleft24

I am really bummed..... It doesn't rain all day while I am at work and as soon as I pull up to my house the flood gates open and it starts raining again.... I guess that is what I get for living in the Pacific Northwest.... But the weather is showing partly cloudy/sunny weather through Saturday evening.. Maybe we will get some bashing in and some newer videos. I also need to get a new ramp seeing how the last one only last about 10 jumps before it was a pile of broken plastic...[:@]
Flux is waterproof...man up and put on a raincoat

You ever been in Portland, Oregon when it rains....
I feel you! I'm from the CA Bay Area but I have been up working in POrtland and Tillamook all week, rain rain rain! I came home to rain, and a new Savage XS on my porch!! It cleared up and I took her out to a park near my house, I love it! I can also more than definitely say that it is waterproof, Ihad it half submerged a several times today in giant puddles in the mus, this thing is a blast. Unfortunately one of the 2 lipos I bought doesn't fit so I only got one pack in. I have a 3S pack too but I still need to solder a Deans onto that one. I gotta say that running it through giant puddles keeps it nice and cool, might bea "cheater" way to run 3S off road.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:09 PM
Ptec

This truck is amazing.  I can vouch for its water proofness.  It rained all day today and i went down to the soccer field and drove it at very high speeds through some puddles.  This truck is a blast.  Way faster then my brushed revo.  Its only the second RC i have ever driven so im not really used to it yet.  I tumble it a few times and slammed it into a plastic fence at a pretty high speed and didnt break anything.

One question for you other owners.  Is it normal for it to make a clicking sound when the truck is off and you push it?  It almost sounds like something is loose.

Very happy so far.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:15 PM
redfisher1974

Yaeh thats the magnets in the motor, this truck has a steel spur gear which makes it loud.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:53 PM
RCJuice

BTW, does anybody what 2S Nano-Techs fit the case?  I had heard from some people tat they won't fit, but I have also heard of some people running them.  Since one of my lipos I bought won't fit I want to order a couple more and I would like to try a Nano-Tech.
Right now I have a 5000mah Zippy which is pretty good, but I would definitely like higher mah's if possible too for longer run times.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:01 PM
t9dragon

ORIGINAL: 0midnight5

i would like to get the wheely bar for mine, i usually dont like them but i cant seem to find any on line. the part number in the manual is bad.
The part numbers in the manual are good. It is just that none of the parts are available yet..
Old 10-06-2011, 06:07 PM
nitro-rob

Yup, It was loose and had no loctite. Put some blue locite on and slapped it back together. You can tell by looking at the holes on the motor that they had a hard time lining it up and getting the bolts in at the factory as you can see where they missed the holes and made marks in the can.
Thats what happened to my motor, they forced a screw in it sideways and stripped the threads in the can. I changed back to the factory tires tonight, the others needed to be re-glued. I have camouflage shock socks on it now too.

I love the performance of this truck and think HPI hit it just right. I can't wait to try it on 2s and loosen my grip a little on the controller.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:28 PM
t9dragon

ORIGINAL: Johnbalz

I feel you! I'm from the CA Bay Area but I have been up working in POrtland and Tillamook all week, rain rain rain! I came home to rain, and a new Savage XS on my porch!! It cleared up and I took her out to a park near my house, I love it! I can also more than definitely say that it is waterproof, I had it half submerged a several times today in giant puddles in the mus, this thing is a blast. Unfortunately one of the 2 lipos I bought doesn't fit so I only got one pack in. I have a 3S pack too but I still need to solder a Deans onto that one. I gotta say that running it through giant puddles keeps it nice and cool, might be a ''cheater'' way to run 3S off road.
Man, again today no rain all day.. I get off work and then the rain hits....

No chance to run them tomorrow night but I know I will get a chance on Saturday and Sunday... good thing I have lots of batteries...
Old 10-06-2011, 06:31 PM
fb5b

BTW, does anybody what 2S Nano-Techs fit the case? I had heard from some people tat they won't fit, but I have also heard of some people running them. Since one of my lipos I bought won't fit I want to order a couple more and I would like to try a Nano-Tech.
Right now I have a 5000mah Zippy which is pretty good, but I would definitely like higher mah's if possible too for longer run times.
The Hard Case Nanotech Lipos fit fine but you need the wires to exit the bullet plugs at a 90 degree angle to fit.

I use the 6000mah 65/130C packs in my XS (You need packs capable of 150 Amp Bursts on 2s with stock gearing and I'd say 200 Amp burst on 3s w/stock gearing)
Old 10-06-2011, 07:37 PM
Ptec

Tenbol for the VXL and small brushed 380 versions. My mini revo has a Titan 550 already installed so it would take a brushed 1/10 as it sits. Traxxas switched to the 550 titan at some point in the brushed version. Ithink the first year they used 380 titans.
ORIGINAL: Wheelnut

I would almost rather put the HPI motor in my mini revo and upgrade the XS motor if I could find one that was substantially better.
Do they even make an after market 540 motor mount for the mini revo?
Old 10-06-2011, 09:01 PM
Ptec

Will any of the castle links work with this truck?Im looking to buy one. My LHS sells a few different ones and im not sure which to get. Check these out:

http://www.rcplanet.com/RC_Radio_Pro...show=30&page=1
Old 10-06-2011, 10:03 PM
nitrohawker

Will any of the castle links work with this truck? Im looking to buy one. My LHS sells a few different ones and im not sure which to get. Check these out:

I called Castle and asked them the difference between the newest and older castle link and they said the older one that had the servo looking wire coming out of it would only work with 32 bit computers and it was called the Phoenix Link. 2 years ago or so they updated it and it has no servo looking wire coming out of it, only the 3 pins, and it will work with 64 and 32 bit computers, and they changed the name to the Castle Link. I got one off of Ebay for $23.44 shipped and used up some Ebay bucks I had. Could have paid cash though with the money I saved on the XS thanks to the $75 Tower coupon a nice person posted earlier in the thread.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:55 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

Will any of the castle links work with this truck? Im looking to buy one. My LHS sells a few different ones and im not sure which to get. Check these out:

get the yellow one that is for surface as opposed to air... all you really need is the usb adapter to do software updates but the field link portable programmer is only a few dollars more and if you want to adjust your settings while your out and about you can do that as well.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:22 AM
redfisher1974

BTW, does anybody what 2S Nano-Techs fit the case? I had heard from some people tat they won't fit, but I have also heard of some people running them. Since one of my lipos I bought won't fit I want to order a couple more and I would like to try a Nano-Tech.
I have the 3600 mah 3s turnigy from hobbyking and it fits well, My nano tech does not fit.

Old 10-07-2011, 05:59 AM
RCJuice

BTW, does anybody what2SNano-Techs fit the case? I had heard from some people tat they won't fit, but I have also heard of some people running them. Since one of my lipos I bought won't fit I want to order a couple more and I would like to try a Nano-Tech.
I have the 3600 mah 3s turnigy from hobbyking and it fits well, My nano tech does not fit.

I have both of those batteries too and they fit well (the wires exit a little differently on the hard case pack I have but besides that it is the same). It's the other 2S soft pack I got that doesn't work. It's wider and just barely fits the case but the wires will not clear.

This is the hard case pack I got that works fine:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=16810

And tihis is the soft case pack I got that does not fit:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=16202
Old 10-07-2011, 06:04 AM
nitro-rob

I have the link and the card and prefer the card since the main parameters set are on the card and its a pain to bring the computer out to the field.  Over time I've switched to using the card almost exclusively.  The card does both and is worth the extra few dollars.

When are the spare parts coming out?  I am holding off from beating the truck for the fear it will be out of use for a long time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.