Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Vendetta spur gear pitch?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 10:36 AM
RCJuice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vendetta spur gear pitch?

I put a Castle CM26 in my Vendetta and needed to switch pinions since the CM26 has the bigger 3.2mm shaft. I have done a lot of research online and found several forum links where people state that the Vendetta spur gear is a 48P and that any 48P pinion would work. I ordered several Robinson 3.2mm 48P pinions, but the mesh is not quite the same. It is close, but you can definitely tell that the teeh aren't fully inserting into the spur and it looks like it's going to strip the spur fairly quickly. Anybody been through this and have any input?
Thanks in advance guys.

Old 09-09-2011, 02:31 PM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Vendetta spur gear pitch?

I did respond in the other thread but I would also suggest you contact Castle Creations about it. They say on their site that the CM26 was designed to run in the larger 1/18 scale cars like the vendetta. They may be able to provide you with info on what pinions they used in their testing. I know they tested it in the RC18T and it says on the castle site that they used a 48p pinion even though the RC18 spur is metric. I assume your vendetta is metric also.
Old 09-09-2011, 03:59 PM
RCJuice

Thanks Yak, that is a good idea.  I'll shoot Castle and e-mail and see what they say.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:14 PM
Noff

The Vendetta pinion / spur gear pitch is .6 module, which is otherwise known as 48 pitch metric. The Robinson Racing pinions, part numbers 1112 - 1124 will work fine. American standard 48 pitch, which is common, is close but there's clearly a mesh problem with them if used on the Vendettas.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:04 PM
RCJuice

Thanks Noff.  I was at my LHS this weekend today and was able to pick up some .6 MOD pinions and they worked perfectly, now I know!