Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

xmods vs miniz

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 06:38 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: xmods vs miniz

ORIGINAL: Cheezman
I used to like Xmods more than MiniZ's, but now that I have really been using a friends MiniZ, I really am interested in getting an MA01...
I remember those days. By the way, I also have a listing of which other bodies will also fit the new Z. Mostly, MR01 and MR015 with some MR02.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:06 PM
Cheezman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Tigger N. Bennie

ORIGINAL: RS4rallydriver
is there ANY WAY POSSIBLE to use a futaba ms radio with the car? I really like the new evo, but I really want a better radio.
Some people have installed either Kyosho or Iwaver electronics in the older models. I'm unsure about the Evo, but it the fix would probably be the same.
The Evo accepts Iwaver or MiniZ electronics 100%, the Servo happens to work flawlessly with those, and since they have built in receivers on both the Iwaver and MiniZ boards, your Evo will be moving.

As for me getting an MA01... I'm getting one for sure, I don't know when, but its about time my Xmods meet their master (or something like that.. LOL), I like those bodies (yes, I have seen quite a few, my brothers friends have MR01's and MR02's), but I happen to like the White V-Spec II the best... ROFL, it happened to be my exact favorite car (including color), besides the WRX STi. The real turning point for me, was when my brothers friend let me use his MR02 (for a long time LOL), That with AWD will be a freaking beast!
Old 12-07-2005, 10:11 PM
RS4rallydriver

what was it you said about the servo? when I took my evo apart ( to install the ball bearings) I noticed that it doesn't really have a regular servo; it has a motor wired to the all-in-one board that works as the servo. are the nini-z's and iwaver's steering designed the same way?
also, are the electronics a direct fit? I REALLY WANT TO USE A BETTER RADIO! If it isn't too hard, and it wouldn't harm performance then I would switch it as soon as I could if it meant using my futaba radio.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:32 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I saw the new Iwavers at RCX 2005, they basically had a micro servo.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mj24429.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	122.7 KB
ID:	366659  
Old 12-07-2005, 10:38 PM
Cheezman

what was it you said about the servo? when I took my evo apart ( to install the ball bearings) I noticed that it doesn't really have a regular servo; it has a motor wired to the all-in-one board that works as the servo. are the nini-z's and iwaver's steering designed the same way?
also, are the electronics a direct fit? I REALLY WANT TO USE A BETTER RADIO! If it isn't too hard, and it wouldn't harm performance then I would switch it as soon as I could if it meant using my futaba radio.
Yup, All you do is unsolder the existing wires, and solder them in place on the new ESC... that easy. But I suggest you upgrade the FETs or get a Woah Nelly for the new ESC... just so you can put a really hot motor in there. I haven't personally done an ESC conversion yet (I will some day), but I have seen it done a few times, and everyone said it was direct replacement, little to no hassle.

As for the MiniZ/Iwaver Servo being the same, Couldn't tell you, but they gatta work along the same lines to be adaptable to each other.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:45 PM
RS4rallydriver

okay, thanks for the info!
Old 12-08-2005, 12:27 PM
xmod master

ask ur ma wa im smoking she sold me it so shout it loser
[:'(][:'(]
Old 12-08-2005, 12:34 PM
xmod master

u talk some ****tttttttttttttttttttttt i bet your a 25-35 year old man that sit all day and plats with his little toy carrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss[>:][>:]
Old 12-09-2005, 11:38 AM
xmod master

hi will i just got a newxmod and bought a lithium batts kit could some one tell me how to put it on and what are fet's and what do they do ???????????
Old 12-09-2005, 02:44 PM
RS4rallydriver

I dont know what lipo kit you got so I can't help you there. FET's allow your car to safely handle higher battery voltage and hotter motors.
if you were to try to install a really powerful motor and/or more cells without stronger FET's you would likely overload your electronics... (like I did with my first car). wwwatomicmods.com has a whole lot of lipo kits and FET chip information.
Old 12-09-2005, 04:08 PM
Cheezman

I dont know what lipo kit you got so I can't help you there. FET's allow your car to safely handle higher battery voltage and hotter motors.
if you were to try to install a really powerful motor and/or more cells without stronger FET's you would likely overload your electronics... (like I did with my first car). wwwatomicmods.com has a whole lot of lipo kits and FET chip information.
Fet's are a need, not an option, they don't "allow", they "make". They are what make your car go forward and reverse, and allow your servo to move. Also FETs have NOTHING to do with batteries voltage, you have a diode on your ESC which handles the voltage, your FET's just drive off what you give them.

I also want to advise you, be very careful with Li-Polys, they are far more touchy than Li-Ions.
Old 12-10-2005, 01:23 PM
xmod master

i have an xmod and could any one tell me do u need 4wd to use the tamiya speed checker
Old 12-10-2005, 04:32 PM
Cheezman

ORIGINAL: xmod master

i have an xmod and could any one tell me do u need 4wd to use the tamiya speed checker
Nope. Only the rear wheel part on the Speed Checker reads. The front just sit there and roll.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:19 PM
RS4rallydriver

ORIGINAL: Cheezman

Fet's are a need, not an option, they don't "allow", they "make". They are what make your car go forward and reverse, and allow your servo to move. Also FETs have NOTHING to do with batteries voltage, you have a diode on your ESC which handles the voltage, your FET's just drive off what you give them.

I also want to advise you, be very careful with Li-Polys, they are far more touchy than Li-Ions.

I know that... and I know what they are for. I thought he specifically meant UPGRADED fet's. so I just said why people upgrade them. and I have read that it is recomended to upgrade them if you plan to run more voltage through your car's electronics. (which is usually the case when you use lipo cells). I don't want to mess with lipo cells just yet, they are too touchy. I crash too much!
vvrrrrrr-bang, vvrrr, vaaaaa-bang, vvrrrrrrrrrrrrr- oh no the stairs!...booom, crash, snap...awww man!
Old 12-11-2005, 11:09 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

it's not at all accurate. Just to tell you
Old 12-15-2005, 12:05 PM
xmod master

what speed does the top speed motor do in a stock xmod
Old 12-19-2005, 03:15 PM
RS4rallydriver

I think that it can do something around 18 m.p.h. I have to check to be sure... if the car still has the nylon bushings, then it will be slower. but it should be good with bearings.
Old 12-19-2005, 07:21 PM
Cheezman

I think that it can do something around 18 m.p.h. I have to check to be sure... if the car still has the nylon bushings, then it will be slower. but it should be good with bearings.
15mph max stock... I think it is really been confirmed a dead stock Evo will do 12mph.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:02 PM
RS4rallydriver

stock cars are meant to be upgraded. I am just waiting for atomicmods.com to get aluminum suspension and driveline parts.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:03 PM
Cheezman

stock cars are meant to be upgraded. I am just waiting for atomicmods.com to get aluminum suspension and driveline parts.
Atomicmods? Why would you even bother, they over charge for the parts... go to CJhobbies.net, and join his group buy, you will get a discount on the parts you order... plus he charges what GPM charges to start... so in the end, you save a hell of a lot more money.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:15 AM
xmod master

will i got 900mah ni-mh batt and my xmod is stock only for a stage 2 top speed motor is the to much (900mah) for a stock xmod or is it good and wood it make it any faster?????
Old 12-20-2005, 03:04 PM
Cheezman

will i got 900mah ni-mh batt and my xmod is stock only for a stage 2 top speed motor is the to much (900mah) for a stock xmod or is it good and wood it make it any faster?????
It will be fine. The mAh won't damage anything.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:24 PM
xmod master

ok thanks will it make it faster in any way ???
Old 12-20-2005, 06:58 PM
Cheezman

ok thanks will it make it faster in any way ???
It will probably give you slightly better torque due to the added efficiency, but it probably wont you you crazy top end, maybe a very small increase...
Old 12-24-2005, 07:52 AM
xmod master

cheezman what cars do u have

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.