Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Official Mini-T Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 01:29 AM
calvino

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Mini-T Thread

ORIGINAL: LIVipers

Calvino- are you taking about the Diff for the Mini T Tranny or the RC18T. If you are talking about the mini T then heres the link:

http://losi.com/Search/Default.aspx?...%20Ball%20Diff
thanks, ya, it is an idea for the 18T, but I need the whole tranny, guess it is just the diff[sm=50_50.gif] thought there was a slipper......
Old 02-10-2008, 10:54 AM
LIVipers

Tomcatguy- if you want to get batteries, your best bet would be to check ebay. However 10 min on AA's isn't that bad of run time. The highest MAh packs that you can buy for the stock Mini T chassis is 2600 for Nihm. If you want longer runtime and power then you should try Lipo. Dynamite makes a Lipo battery for the Mini T and it will last you about 20-25 Mins approximetly and you will get alot more power out of it. Sure they are $50 a piece but it will be well worth it because they offer constant voltage and they will last about 3 times longer than compatible Nihm batteries.
Old 02-10-2008, 12:05 PM
VXL ENCHILADA

Hey Everyone,

Got my b/l Mini-t up and running now. But after every 2-3 battery packs, my slipper loosens up and i have to tighten it again. Does anyone have any ideas on what i should do to keep the slipper on tight all the time?

N.rustlerfreak
Old 02-10-2008, 12:07 PM
Pontiac K

My shocks keep popping off what can I do to stop them from popping off? Thanks

Pontiac K
Old 02-10-2008, 12:23 PM
p3t3v3x53

does anyone know of a video of a mini-t with a reedy stump puller sp19 on it? this has nothing to do with it but i run 2300 mA rechargeables and they last forever. and they are no memory so u can charge them whenever. they are like nickle hydroxide or something i dont remember
Old 02-10-2008, 01:40 PM
Damz

ORIGINAL: N.rustlerfreak

Hey Everyone,

Got my b/l Mini-t up and running now. But after every 2-3 battery packs, my slipper loosens up and i have to tighten it again. Does anyone have any ideas on what i should do to keep the slipper on tight all the time?

N.rustlerfreak
Loc-tite is your friend!
Old 02-10-2008, 01:42 PM
Damz

ORIGINAL: Pontiac K

My shocks keep popping off what can I do to stop them from popping off? Thanks

Pontiac K
You may have worn the balls or cups, but an easy fix is to put a cable tie going around the shock and around the part of the shock tower, just to hold the shock on.
Old 02-10-2008, 01:44 PM
Damz

ORIGINAL: p3t3v3x53

does anyone know of a video of a mini-t with a reedy stump puller sp19 on it? this has nothing to do with it but i run 2300 mA rechargeables and they last forever. and they are no memory so u can charge them whenever. they are like nickle hydroxide or something i dont remember
Your batteries sound like nimh (nickel-metal hydride) and you will be amazed when you throw them away and buy a battery pack. There is power just sitting there waiting for you!
Old 02-10-2008, 03:25 PM
shaunmichaeljohnson

ORIGINAL: LIVipers

Tomcatguy- if you want to get batteries, your best bet would be to check ebay. However 10 min on AA's isn't that bad of run time. The highest MAh packs that you can buy for the stock Mini T chassis is 2600 for Nihm. If you want longer runtime and power then you should try Lipo. Dynamite makes a Lipo battery for the Mini T and it will last you about 20-25 Mins approximetly and you will get alot more power out of it. Sure they are $50 a piece but it will be well worth it because they offer constant voltage and they will last about 3 times longer than compatible Nihm batteries.
wow i thought the best you could get was a 1500mah.
i found that out on cheapbatterypacks.com but i guess i was wrong, what are the largest size cells that will fit into my stock mini baja?
i have a feeling that i will not like the losi 1100ma pack when the baja arrives.
if i ever find the $$ though i think that a lipo and brushless is in mind

shaun
Old 02-10-2008, 06:09 PM
VXL ENCHILADA

ORIGINAL: Damz

Hey Everyone,

N.rustlerfreak
Loc-tite is your friend!
Ok. but now i have deeper problems... will not really. But my mamba motors pinion got deformed and then it fell off. I think this time i will be ordering a alluminum or titanium pinion set. This should solve that problem forever. But Damz, if i use loc-tite i wont be able to adjust it anymore. Any other ideas anyone? I just want my gears to be able to hold up to the mamba without any more problems. because this is getting pretty annoying. So any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
N.rustlerfreak
Old 02-10-2008, 06:46 PM
Mr. Mugen

Well is your problem with the slipper coming loose or gear wear? Or both? Loctite is the bsest way to keep your slipper nut in place. Use the blue stuff or you'll have bigger troubles later on. The blue is the removable stuff. Do not be affraid to use it. I have used it on every metal to metal screw.

As far as pinions go the HPI micro RS4 pinions are the best I've found for the price. They work great. I usually grind a tiny little flat spot on my motor shaft for the set screw to go up against. I do not recommend it because most people hog off material but this is what I do. It must be small if you do and quick. Do not overheat the motor shaft. I usea dremel with a sanding drum and just ouch it quick to make the mark.
Old 02-10-2008, 07:55 PM
VXL ENCHILADA

ok... will the trinity lite alluminum gears work?(12-16t)? Because i was just wondering. And do i need to do that if i want to fit the micro rs4 alluminums? and yes the problem is both. the slipper comes loose and the pinion already morphed and fell off and thats why i want to get a alluminum one. Anyways... if i do put loctite ill still be able to adjust??

N.rustlerfreak
Old 02-10-2008, 08:09 PM
SaVaGe MaN SS

what you all runnin when you race ya t's ?
Old 02-10-2008, 08:17 PM
Mr. Mugen

NRF The trinity gears you mentioned I believe are for the larger shafts. I see in their description it says for the KMI and alike. They have a bigger shaft. I would say no they wont work. I know robinson makes a few so does AE and of course HPI. I am sure there are others. Yes you can adjust your slipper with loctite....only the blue stuff. I use this stuff http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCX59&P=0 It works great.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:33 PM
Pontiac K

I've also asked this in my thread, but it isn't exactly on topic, so sorry to post it twice in two places. My motor won't work unless I turn the brushes on their side and put them in. Will this tear up my motor? Thanks

Pontiac K
Old 02-10-2008, 10:36 PM
VXL ENCHILADA

So the rc18t ones from robinson will work with the mini-t?? and do you know what size pinion the mamba max system comes with, because that's the one that got fried and i liked how that gearing was doing. Please get back to me soon!!!! thanks.

N.rustlerfreak
Old 02-10-2008, 10:38 PM
Damz

So the rc18t ones from robinson will work with the mini-t?? and do you know what size pinion the mamba max system comes with, because that's the one that got fried and i liked how that gearing was doing. Please get back to me soon!!!! thanks.

N.rustlerfreak
Cant you count the teeth?
Old 02-10-2008, 10:41 PM
VXL ENCHILADA

lol yea ur right ill do that now... haha

N.rustlerfreak
Old 02-10-2008, 10:54 PM
VXL ENCHILADA

Ok does anyone know if the rc18t pinions will work with the mini-t??

N.rustlerfreak
Old 02-10-2008, 11:53 PM
Mr. Mugen

Pontiac- It will work but it will wear the top and bottom of your com pretty fast. Take your hand and make a "C" and put it around a pop can. Now move your hand straight back off the pop can and turn your hand 90 degrees. Try grabbing the can with your hand inthe same "C". You will notice your finger and thumb are the only part of the "C" touching the can.....just the top and bottom......am I making sense? Your brushes need to be replaced or you need to clean the debris out of the hood or both.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:55 AM
Pontiac K

I can change the brushes, but I couldn't find a way to open the motor up. Thanks

EDIT: Does anyone make a commutator cleaner for minis?

Pontiac K
Old 02-11-2008, 02:04 PM
Damz

ORIGINAL: Pontiac K

EDIT: Does anyone make a commutator cleaner for minis?

Pontiac K
Its called a lathe
Old 02-11-2008, 02:15 PM
Mr. Mugen

There are comm drops that you apply with motor assembled. They are good maintence but will not fix a bad comm.
Old 02-11-2008, 02:45 PM
p3t3v3x53

retard question. where do u solder the leads onto a reedy stump puller?
Old 02-11-2008, 02:54 PM
Mr. Mugen

On the tabs. There are 2 sides of the endbell. One usually has a +...thats red.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.