Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Cen Mini Madness thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 08:35 AM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cen Mini Madness thread

Yes I already did the bearing upgrade as stated in post#69. Yes you are right there aren't any upgrades on CEN's site worth buying. And not many in the world as far as that subject goes. What a bummer. What happened to the mini madness. It is one of the only trucks I can't find many hopups for.
I pulled apart the slipper clutch and figured out that I had put the bushing on the wrong side of the slipper clutch. I moved it to the other side and everything is better now.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:59 PM
MiniManiac

Right, I'd like to put my opinion of this truck on the site, considering that I'm 100% satisfied with it. I bought my mini madness about 1 year ago, and have never looked back. Ok, it's 2 wheel drive, ok the shocks are sad, ok the transmitter is uselees. Having said that, I've treated it to ball bearings all round, a 13t motor, and a cheap esc. I've been using a futaba attack radio, which is cheap yet definitely effective. It goes like a cannon and those standard mini dogbonz tires grip like nothing on earth. One problem I had with the extra power is that it tends to keel over. I just ordered a wheelie bar at www.hobbystores.com. problem solved. It never broke until my latest crash, which was at full speed into a car tire. It cost me a bumper, body, wheel and a suspension pivot arm (If you buy one of these trucks, make sure you got some pivot arms too, as these are quite fragile.). Otherwise, I've had loads of fun with this mini monster, it accelerates quick, and with a 3300mah battery the fun lasts long enough too. If you're considering getting a mini monster, this is (in my opinion) the truck to go for. Easy to fiddle with, easy to drive, and easy to hop up, especially cos it uses a 540 motor, standard size steering servo, and the oil shocks from some or other tamiya fit right on (don't ask me which ones, I don't remember).

I've just ordered a CEN MG16 mini monster. I'll keep you posted on how that lasts.

Have fun
Old 06-11-2007, 09:21 PM
Wheelnut

About the shocks, any 60mm touring car tires will work. That's what I put on mine.
Old 12-08-2007, 04:53 PM
boohoo

any one had problems with the spur gears bought one for nephew drove it about ten feet and the spur gear stripped three teethjust wondering if any one else had probs
Old 12-08-2007, 09:41 PM
Wheelnut

I have not had any problems with mine. It is possible that the mesh between the spur and pinion was not correct that will cause the problem that you have described.
Old 12-09-2007, 07:35 AM
boohoo

could be but didnt notice waiting for cen to reply to email to see wat they say
Old 12-09-2007, 10:51 AM
Wheelnut

Did you check the mesh?
That is what they are going to ask you. There should be VERY little playbetween the spur and pinion. You should be able to roll a piece of paper between the two.
Old 12-09-2007, 06:22 PM
boohoo

checked it before playing with it and it was right on there seems to be no way to adjust the mesh either
Old 12-09-2007, 07:54 PM
Wheelnut

You know what? I forgot about that. That is one thing I don't like about the Mini Madness. But I do like mine. You may have gotten a piece of rock or dirt in there that caused it to strip.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:06 PM
boohoo

was driven in house not sure wat caused it got new spur gear today and everyting seems to be working fine know maybe a faulty spur gear just have to wait and see wat happens when nephew gets his hands on it just got email from cen saying they will send out new spur gear free of charge
Old 06-11-2008, 12:46 PM
joeytvr

ok i see all the motor upgrades everyone is doing. How are yall regearing for the hotter motors? I cannot get a smaller pinoin on the motor since there is not enough adjustment to mesh it currectly
Old 06-14-2008, 09:57 AM
Wheelnut

I was running a 12T and I did not need to regear it. It ran great iwth the stock gears. FYI, it is in the RCU Market ads.
Old 03-26-2021, 11:54 PM
Dgmt

Originally Posted by ace007
I have had my mini madness for about 3 weeks now and i must say it is a awesome little electric mt.When i got mine i also picked up a 3000mah battery to go with the 1800 and there is a huge difference run the 2 different packs.Out of the box and with the 3000 pack it did 18mph 3 times in a row.wow I have done the full bearing upgrade when i finally got them(there is a extra bearing in the manual that shouldn't be there)doing that made a huge difference now it hits 20mph. My next plan of attack is to put in my 5000kv 540bl system in it which i already know is going to be wicked.My only issue is the camber on all wheels are aiming in towards the truck and apparently there is no upgrade kit for this.So i was wondering if anyone else had this problem and if/how they fixed it mine is pretty bad it's riding on the inside part of the tires which seem to be wearing out fast.Thanks for any all help.
(there is a extra bearing in the manual that shouldn't be there)...... This bearing 3/16 * 3/8 * 1/8 (4.8 * 9.5 * 3.2 mm) is located in the slipper clutch, there are two of them.

Cheers

CEN Ball Bearing 3/16x3/8x1/8" (Pk2) Z-CENG73920

Bearing r166

Last edited by Dgmt; 03-27-2021 at 12:00 AM.
Old 04-26-2021, 04:21 PM
RonaldDreds

Default -

I am looking for the Mini Model Madness K-7 resin model kit. Unfortunately for me I recently came to the modeling scene and have since found out that Mini Model Madness is no longer around, so I m hoping that someone somewere has this kit laying around and would be willing to sell it.

If you do have a kit, please drop me a pm and lets talk.

Thanks
Cdngater