Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Pro pulse, rc18b, or vendetta

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pro pulse, rc18b, or vendetta

ORIGINAL: -Inverted-

Inferior....how is it inferior, or better yet, tell me what makes the pro-pulse electronics so much greater. Is it the ESC that can handle extra loads, even if it is unnessecary...
I already quite plainly listed the differences. Even if you don't want to consider the differences important, there ARE differences, and the differences all skew in favor of the Pro-Pulse electric components. A better ESC is a better ESC, even if it is "unnecessary". Period. A better battery is a better battery, even if it is "unnecessary". A better modulation technology (FM vs. AM) is better, even if it is "unnecessary". A better RX (3 channels vs 2 channels) is a better RX, even if it is "unnecessary".

Personally, I think all the RTR electric components are trash; I'd just as soon go straight for a 2.4ghz radio, brushless motor+ESC, and lithium batteries. At least with the Pro-Pulse, the batteries were separate so I wasn't forced to purchase them.

ORIGINAL: -Inverted-

Thats pretty funny comparing it to a car that has ZERO parts support right now....
Again, I can't say that much to it. This is pretty much your one and only valid point through all of this. I think that for the most part, all the parts worth replacing might be compatible with RC18 parts, but I won't make that argument until I've personally verified it.

The rest of your points are lies, disinformation, and racism, and are easily handled by a minor amount of research and thought.

Old 12-29-2006, 11:02 AM

I already quite plainly listed the differences. Even if you don't want to consider the differences important, there ARE differences, and the differences all skew in favor of the Pro-Pulse electric components. A better ESC is a better ESC, even if it is "unnecessary". Period. A better battery is a better battery, even if it is "unnecessary". A better modulation technology (FM vs. AM) is better, even if it is "unnecessary". A better RX (3 channels vs 2 channels) is a better RX, even if it is "unnecessary".
I agree a better ESC is a better ESC as well, if it has extra features and capabilities, but being able to handle extra load doesn't make the ESC better. If I run a Quark Monster 125a on my mini-lst that only needs a 33a Pro-Car, its not going to make my car better.

I agree a better battery is a better battery as well, however my original post entitled me asking "how the pro-pulse electronics are better." Considering the Pro-Pulse does NOT come with a battery you cannot include one in this discussion, plain and simple. That is like comparing a stock Lancer EVO to a modded WRX STI, no doubt the modded car will perform better. In this case say a stock rc18t and a pro-pulse with a matched and zapped GP1300 pack.

I agree better modulation technology is better, when did I not? FM actually has advantages over AM, unlike most of the points you have made.... The Pro-Pulse has better modulation, but one user was reporting about low speed stuttering, which only happens due to crappy transmitters. Even the 18t AM transmitters dont do that.

Also, having an extra channel on your ESC does not make it better by any means. If I run a 14MZ 14 channel receiver in a 4 channel parkflyer, its not going to make my plane better.

Face the facts kid, Im providing realistic and proven responses, you just keep halting back useless slander trying to make your pro-pulse look good. Have fun with your car, but stop flaunting and bragging like it's a rock chain.

The rest of your points are lies, disinformation, and racism, and are easily handled by a minor amount of research and thought.
And Racism? LOL. Get a life buddy, stop making up imaginary responses.
Old 12-29-2006, 11:13 AM

would you guys just stop? my pro-pulse has no stock electronics except the servo, handles the brushless great with a stock drivetrain, and has a ko propo radio. It is a fun truck stock but i got some "cogging/glitching" from the esc at low low speed. I put the pro electronics in my m18 that i race including the motor, runs great and is very fast no more low low speed cogging either. Oh the esc has a switch that you can switch between brakes or reverse, can the rc18 esc do that? THe fm radio is fm plain and simple it is better then the rc18 radio. This is a very durable truck and needs no upgrades to use brushless in the drivetrain, the rc18 needs upgrades to hanlde the brushless.
Old 12-29-2006, 11:26 AM

Oh the esc has a switch that you can switch between brakes or reverse, can the rc18 esc do that?Oh the esc has a switch that you can switch between brakes or reverse, can the rc18 esc do that?
Yep.

THe fm radio is fm plain and simple it is better then the rc18 radio.
You just said you had glitching problems, thats due to a poor transmission of radio signals, AKA the cheap included transmitter. Just because it has better modulation doesn't make the radio better. Crystal radios still outperform 2.4GHz radios....

and needs no upgrades to use brushless in the drivetrain, the rc18 needs upgrades to hanlde the brushless.
Well, slow down there. Your only using a 5800Kv motor on a ni-mh pack. The rc18t by any means doesn't need any drivetrain upgrades to handle that. All the people that upgrade their 18t drivetrain are running 6800-8000+ Kv motors on 2-3 cell li-po's....
Old 12-29-2006, 11:31 AM

this is a crystal radio, the cogging was cause it was overgeared in the truck, it does great in the m18 i can drive away until i can't see it. the stock pos rc18 esc can switch between reverse and brake only with the flip of a switch. my motor is a 6000kv
Old 12-29-2006, 11:36 AM

the stock pos rc18 esc can switch between reverse and brake only with the flip of a switch.
Wouldn't you need to own an rc18 ESC before you can call it a piece of *****. And yes, the rc18 can switch between reverse and reverse disabled, if that is what your trying to say.

my motor is a 6000kv
Hmm....Team Trinity seems to think otherwise.
http://www.teamtrinity.com/shop/motors/cobalt_b.html
Old 12-29-2006, 11:38 AM

well i have had rc18t and hated the thing because of the pos electronics, ok it is 5800kv neither of us were right.
Old 12-29-2006, 11:43 AM

I highly doubt you had an rc18t and sold it only to buy another one (pro-pulse), and considering you have practically replaced all the electronics in the pro-pulse, you could have easily done the same with your rc18t and wouldnt have had these problems.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:09 PM

i had the rc18t about a year ago, i got the pro-pulse for christmas. i am glad i got this over the rc18t, cause i would only have two rtr cars then cause i would not put rc18t electronics in my m18, i have three rtr cars now, m18, xxxs, pro-pulse
Old 12-29-2006, 05:21 PM

Well, I guess I might have spoke a little too soon.... My dad fanally got a 1/18 scale and is really excited to race. He got a mini lst and racing starts pretty soon. I really want to race minis but I dont know about racing my pro pulse... I've also ran into alot of problems with the transmitter, I'll be going full speed and it will just stop, I have to get really close for it to start up again. I might return mine to rs for my money back and get a mini more suited for racing and still really fun to bash. Do you think I should? If I do what to get? Keep in mind I have a really, really tight budget.
Old 12-29-2006, 06:30 PM

I've also ran into alot of problems with the transmitter, I'll be going full speed and it will just stop, I have to get really close for it to start up again. I might return mine to rs for my money back and get a mini more suited for racing and still really fun to bash. Do you think I should? If I do what to get? Keep in mind I have a really, really tight budget.
Thats a good idea. Depending on what your class allows, the mini-t or mini baja is a great car to get started with.
Old 12-29-2006, 09:22 PM

I'm not to sure what certain classes allow, but I dont think they will be too strict because its kind of a family ran track and usually they dont get to many people racing micros. This will be my first time racing. I like all the losis and associated, and maybe a vendetta. Tomorrow I might stop by my lhs and see what they have. cant wait!
Old 12-30-2006, 12:53 AM

that sucks you had that problem with the transmitter, i ran mine in my xxxs and it was perfet with no problems no even a glitch. A buch of the rc18t guys were diggin the pro-pulse and the bellcrank steering and the strength of it, everyone was taking turns tryin it out lol!
Old 01-01-2007, 12:50 AM

Hey my friend got a Pro Pulse buggy for Christmas, he likes it, but he broke it all ready. I'm not sure what he broke, but he's going to get the aluminum upgrade.
Old 01-01-2007, 09:59 AM
My Feedback: (1)

i have to say i like the steering on the pro pulse. i don't like the throtle control. it hard to do low speed stuff with it, which may be just the cheap radio stuff. my brushless stuff is way smoother low speed take offs(quark 33amp).
Old 01-04-2007, 05:06 PM

Still lookin for a new truck/buggy dont forget the vendetta durable and great handling.I upgraded to GH4700 brushless and 3s lipo,but nothing has broke.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:33 PM

I have read almost "all" the comments in this thread, and was wondering if the Factory Team edition of the RC18B would change any thing in this conversation!?

Electronics aside off course being a kit version, I am though planning on ading a spectrum sytem and a mamba 8000 KV.
Old 01-06-2007, 02:58 AM

i used this forum (and others) as a place to get information on which kind of 1/18 car to buy for my son for Christmas and lately to decide on what type and brand of car to get for myself. my choices have been narrowed down to these:

the Vendetta, Pro-Pulse buggy and the RC18 B.

at this time i have no interest in racing (at this time, anyway) but i did want something that i could do for fun and share with my son so i had certain criteria that affect my purchase decision: Price, Convenience, replacement Parts. in the end i got a Pro-Pulse from Radio Shack for my son. now, there's been a bit of Pro-Pulse and Radio Shack bashing 'round here and i do understand why BUT before i bought i actually put my hands on one of the li'l suckers and, at least from a mechanical standpoint, the car was indeed well built. at least as well built as some cars i had seen at the LHS and the overall start up cost was below that of the hobby shop cars. the Pro-Pulse has a web site with a fairly decent amount of information and many different options on how to get replacement parts (via web or several brick and mortar RS stores) once the parts become available. so, this met my criteria of Price, Convenience and Parts.

some have said that they'd never shop at RS and that they sell junk when it comes to rc cars. this is a matter of opinion and perspective. it all depends on what you want and what you expect. if you want a toy rc, it' s a good place to go. if you want a variety of hobby level rc cars then you're better served shopping elsewhere. consider this: i like high quality audio equipment. the chances that i would buy a set of speakers from Radio Shack are equal to that of h3ll freezin' over. nor would i buy my stereo equipment from Circuit City or Best Buy. entry level for me would be Tweeter... my tastes are fairly demanding. but if i need to grab a soldering iron, crimps, police scanner, small gauge wire or assorted radio or electrical parts i'll stop by the Shack. i dont think the stereos there are garbage or junk, they just dont suit my needs or my demands. but the Pro-Pulse cars there were a surprise. they are a good entry level platform that can be upgraded.

okay, as far as my buying a buggy for myself is concerned, i still have to decide whether i'd want to go with a Vendetta, P-P, or RC18. if i apply my criteria of Price, Convenience and Parts this is what happens....
first Price: the Vendetta and the Pro-Pulse stand out first as they both have an entry level price point below that of the RC18.
next Convenience: shopping cant get any more convenient than doing it online and and shipping straight to your home and you can get lots of info online but if you actually want to put your hands on the item in question its going to be difficult to beat RS and it's several locations. take me for example, the last place i lived there were two Shacks and one hobby shop within a 5mi radius and one RS was in walking distance. in a 20mi radius there were about two LHS and four Shacks. where i live now there's two RS and one LHS within about 10mi.
now let's consider Parts. there are many parts readily available for the RC18 some via your LHS or online. the Vendetta has parts available via many online retailers. the Pro-Pulse web site still lists most of their parts as "coming soon" but some of those same parts are available now via the RS web site and may be ordered through your local brick and mortar RS. more are in the pipeline.

so now the score card looks like this:
Price: Vendetta and Pro-Pulse are close but once you add shipping to the Vendetta the PP edges ahead. RC18 is third.
Convenience: All can be shipped to you direct but if you wanna touch and try b4 you buy RS locations make this easier.
Parts: the RC18's large variety of parts could be bought from a well stocked LHS or online but the PP again has the edge with both online and several RS locations.

then i add in these criteria: Performance and Durability.

all three platforms have several Performance hop ups available. this isn't a big factor to me as all of them seem to do well out of the box. some are faster than others. comparisons of stock cars to hopped up, fully optioned cars are pointless and since all of these platforms seem to be fairly good to begin with they all can be tweaked and modified to become screamers. they can be modified so much that the only thing that really makes it a RC18 or 'Detta or PP is the chassis and body; all the other original parts are in the "spares" box. at that point the skill of the driver matters more than the brand of the car. give a stock PP to an experienced driver and a fully optioned RC18 to a novice driver... three laps around a course... who do you think'll win?

finally, for me, there is Durability, how well the car is built. judging everything i've seen and read, the Vendetta- with it's warranty, standard aluminum parts and motor gear cover is the hands down winner here and there are other aluminum hop up parts available at reasonable prices. aluminum hop ups are available for the RC18 and Pro-Pulse but they're a little steep.

so in the end, with all the criteria i have and what i've learned via this thread about the Electronics for the aforementioned cars, i've narrowed it down to the PP or Vendetta.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:13 AM

Dr. Wu,
What did you decide?
Old 01-10-2007, 04:02 AM

go with the detta.. you mentioned driver and car... well the detta is very easy to drive.. actually very fun to drive... i hated driving my rc18t.. just couldnt keep it on all fours.. but the detta on a 10th scale offroad track (check my videos) it is just a dream,,, and just with any rtr you buy you will need to upgrade it..

but wait.. in feb towerhobbies will have the new ST version of the detta... for sure to take out any other 18th vehicle out there and also give 10th scalers a run for their money
Old 01-10-2007, 11:11 AM
DS

rc 18b
Old 01-10-2007, 04:04 PM

ORIGINAL: derek_18mt

rc 18b
i put 3 rc18's to shame on the track,, had a 20 second lead over them before my esc went into thermal... i have also been told by someone that the detta is probably the best handling mini that he has ever seen at the track,,
Old 01-10-2007, 09:35 PM
My Feedback: (1)

i haven't driven a vendetta or even seen one in person, but i do read alot about rc cars over the net. if i was building a 1/18th scale racer, i wouldn't look at anything other than the vendetta. there is supposed to be a new st released some time, and i would watch out for that one also.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:01 PM

i have read alot of things about 18b,s vendetas and 100bs, i think that no mater what you go with, somthing is going to eventualy break depending on how hard you play, so i would go with whatever you can get cheapest, and whatever you can find parts for. i dont care what anyone says they all run about the same speed and handle about the same unless you are a big rc enthusiest, but to me it sounds like dr. wu just wants something to play around with for him and his kid.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:57 AM

i'm diggin' on all that aluminum outta the box... i'm thinkin' 'Detta!

something new in Feb, eh? hmmm... i can wait...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.