Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Pro pulse, rc18b, or vendetta

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 03:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pro pulse, rc18b, or vendetta

I have a RC18T Factory team with stock motor and I race against Vendetta's every weekend with Mamba's in them and I still smoke them, And as for durability the Vendetta sucks they break all the time I have been racing mine on carpet now for about 3 months and the only thing I had to replace was the rear diff and thats it, The Vendetta's are always breaking control arms and axles, In my oppinion the Vendetta is junk compaired to the RC18, Dont get me wrong they are really fast out of the box and handle good but they to hold up as good as the RC18.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:23 PM

ORIGINAL: savvyx

I have a RC18T Factory team with stock motor and I race against Vendetta's every weekend with Mamba's in them and I still smoke them, And as for durability the Vendetta sucks they break all the time I have been racing mine on carpet now for about 3 months and the only thing I had to replace was the rear diff and thats it, The Vendetta's are always breaking control arms and axles, In my oppinion the Vendetta is junk compaired to the RC18, Dont get me wrong they are really fast out of the box and handle good but they to hold up as good as the RC18.

Thats funny, I have been beating BL RC18s with my stock electronics Vendetta. Big motors make no differance on a track, the speed is in the driver. I have had a RC18B and now have a Vendetta. I have been racing on carpet for several weeks, nothing broken yet. I think the durability has a lot to do with driver ability. The biggest thing I did not care for on the RC18 was the steering other than that it was a great car.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:50 PM

Ya its the driver not the big motors, see thats what I think is funny these guys go and buy these big expensive brushless motors and then they get mad when I beat them with my stocker, Thats good you have'nt had any problems with your's breaking the people I have been running with have been breaking stuff every race it seems like and they are pretty good drivers.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:51 PM

ORIGINAL: savvyx

the stock detta will break,, and once again i race on a 10th scale offraod supercross style track and i race my detta against the 10th scalers.. rc18's mini-t's and mini frogs dont have a chance.. if you havent seen this video please watch it.. and for those that have seen it enjoy again http://www.rcuvideos.com/view_video....15717a9cdd8fd6
Old 01-22-2007, 06:53 PM

they dont have a chance. why is that?
Old 08-10-2007, 02:40 PM

ORIGINAL: tjarr001

...i would go with whatever you can get cheapest, and whatever you can find parts for. i dont care what anyone says they all run about the same speed and handle about the same unless you are a big rc enthusiest, but to me it sounds like dr. wu just wants something to play around with for him and his kid.
sorry guys... been outta the loop for a while...

"...something to play around with..." you've hit th' nail on th' head. with that said, i waited awhile before i bought something and i went with... the ProPulse. here's why-

a few weeks ago RS had a sale on where you could get a PP buggy or truck, batt and charger, replacement bumpers, tires AND high-speed motor for $99 US + tax. this, my friends, is what is usually called a "no brainer". there is no way, NO WAY that i could have beat that deal at a LHS or online. at that price i went ahead and got the fast charger, too. so...
my total investment for a truck, batt and trickle charger, replacement bumpers, tires, high-speed motor and fast charger was about $150 clams. this still leaves enough room in the budget for upgrades even sooner... like replacing the OEM truck body with a ProLine one. OR... getting that Tamiya TT-01 AMG Mercedes road car... the red Vodaphone one. sweeeet. and about as close to owning an AMG i might ever get.

so... that's where i am now. i'll keep you posted on how things go.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:11 AM

i have a vendetta and a pro pulse beleave it or not the propulse is faster
Old 09-11-2007, 01:44 AM

ORIGINAL: dac8

i have a vendetta and a pro pulse beleave it or not the propulse is faster
in what manner.. stock or mod.. on a straight or on a course.. dirt or asphalt..

straight speed isnt always fastest.. doesnt mean it can get around a track fast either..

you also have to look at suspension options. and it ability to race..
Old 09-12-2007, 07:36 AM

ORIGINAL: Haulin Azz

they are also very tough, if associated started sellin at radioshack would you not buy any more associated, just cause it is sold at radioshack does not mean they are junk
I ould be buying from them more because i have a radio shack right next to my house
but not a pro pulse.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:01 AM

LRP has a buggy similar to the detta but the electronics are sure to be far superior.

here is the link to their sight www.lrp-electronic.de

But go with the rc18b, better quality and far more aftermarket support.

cody
Old 09-12-2007, 10:34 AM

Out of the box, they're all hunks of junk. I race quite a bit and I've seen all of these vehicles run well. The thing is, not one of them look like they did when they were new. For general bashing, I'd go with whatever is cheapest to repair. For racing, I think the Vendetta costs the least to make race-worthy.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:11 PM

ORIGINAL: cody_prochaska

LRP has a buggy similar to the detta but the electronics are sure to be far superior.

here is the link to their sight www.lrp-electronic.de

But go with the rc18b, better quality and far more aftermarket support.

cody
its the same car.. just different electronics..

ftx blaze
duratrax vendetta
lrp shark
yokomo/anderson mb4