Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Dissapointed.Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 10:45 PM
Yamaha9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dissapointed.Help

i am not dissapointed on my rc18mt is is a great truck. Jusst not happy how it runs. My lil bro Fed it up some how. it click ALOT. i think he would flower it and then gun it in reverse. it just clicks alot, what should i do . I think it might be the gears. if so whick one do u think it is. someone also said shims, but i still dont know what that is and how do i install it. I can buy them off tower links from there please. I also have a problem with the steering. It steers perfectly to the left. but not to the right. I think its because of the ib1400 battery, its in the way of the steering drag link. like it will hit the batt so it cant keep going. What should i do , i triend taking the batt out but still conected and it does the same thing. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Old 12-30-2006, 12:00 AM
mirage-twin

Default RE: Dissapointed.Help

Since you tried the steering with the battery out of the way then that probably is not the problem, it may be that your servo saver is off and adjusted by the steering trim to go straight.

I am not familiar with the rc18's so someone correct me if I am wrong.

Try taking off the servo saver, put the steering trim knob on the transmitter so it is in the middle, turn on the transmitter and power to the car so the servo will center itself and then put the saver back on straight and hook up your steering. It should work now, if not, get a new servo.
Old 12-30-2006, 12:20 AM
Seek and Destroy

Default RE: Dissapointed.Help

When I got my rc18mt, I had the habit of going full reverse then full forwards. I killed the diffs. I replaced the main gear and bevel gear. $6 total. THen put on shims. Problem solved. But once you go lipo you get the mip super diffs, much, much better.