Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

A few hop-ups installed...

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 01:10 PM
Racing T

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A few hop-ups installed...

congrats on quitting smoking from me too, sorry what does graveyard shift mean?
Old 01-03-2007, 01:58 PM
Irlsh
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: Racing T

congrats on quitting smoking from me too, sorry what does graveyard shift mean?

usually any shift that starts and ends after 9pm and ends before 8 am.. lol BUT im on over time have been quite awhile my shift is monday through thursday 6pm-6am but im off friday sat sun every week
Old 01-03-2007, 04:51 PM
Seek and Destroy

What kind of job do you do that makes you work through the night?
Old 01-03-2007, 05:20 PM
abjones413

I am a Security Officer for a company that makes forgings for Boeing and Rolls Royce Aircraft engines, other aerospace products and more. They forge, machine and manufacture other stuff there, but it's confidential. If I tell you, I'll have to kill you... No, really, the company is Wyman-Gordon Company. Check it out to find out more.
I work 11pm to 7am Friday through Tuesday. I love the job and the hours. Took some getting used to, but I got ALL the time in the world during the day to do anything I want or need to. Plenty of family time. Some people definitely can't handle it, but I do exceptionally well on the limited sleep I get.

[link=http://www.wyman-gordon.com/]Wyman-Gordon Company[/link]
Old 01-03-2007, 09:17 PM
Racing T

but why you love working so late at nigth? do you have to sleep all day or something?
Old 01-03-2007, 09:19 PM
-Inverted-

Products - Isothermal Forgings for Military and Commercial Turbine Applications.

Materials - Nickel-Based and Titanium Alloys.

Capabilities - Forgings up to 1,500 pounds. 8,000 Ton Isothermal Press. Full Heat Treat, Machining and Testing.

Plant Size - 60,000 Square Feet / 5,575 Square Meters; 80 Employees
Old 01-03-2007, 09:28 PM
jeep2003

thats a great idea flipping the shocks to keep the fluid in mine leak like a civ ill have to try it great looking wheels too
Old 01-04-2007, 01:42 AM
cubmaster
My Feedback: (51)

I think that he flipped the shocks to lower CenterOfGravity. Using a 0003 O-Ring along with a stock O-Ring will fix you're leaks.
Old 01-04-2007, 03:05 PM
rcluvr

hey everbody i just recently got a pro t1oo for christmas nd i was looking at the pics of the truck at the top and i noticed that its a lil muddy so i was wondering if u somehow water proofed it...ive been using seran rap and duct taped so i could go out in the mud and water but it takes for ever so im wonderin one thing...any ideas on the water proof ideas
Old 01-05-2007, 12:05 PM
abjones413

ORIGINAL: cubmaster

I think that he flipped the shocks to lower CenterOfGravity. Using a 0003 O-Ring along with a stock O-Ring will fix you're leaks.
cubmaster - Actually, I inverted the shocks because everytime I bumped anything with the front end, the shock spring cup would fly off. I nearly lost it 3 times. I also read that it helps retain shock oil, so I killed two birds with one shock, er, stone...

rcluvr - As far as the truck being muddy, it's just the tires. I have some dirt in my back yard and it got embedded in the tread and dried up. The rest of the truck is clean, just dusty, which the macro feature on my camera really over magnifies.

Racing T - I love the hours because it's quiet at work, compared to the day shifts, I can do anything I need during the day (when everyone else is working!), I make just under $2 more per hour for working third shift and I sleep from 8am to 12pm, usually. If not, I make due and power-nap after dinner. Lack of sleep doesn't slow me down much. As a matter of fact, I usually try to pick up at least one extra shift a week. It's a rare occasion that I work less than 50 hrs./week. Overtime really pays off where I work. I get compensated pretty nicely. Show me the money...
Old 01-05-2007, 08:59 PM
Racing T

well yeah doing all you want during the day sounds nice but I dont know how you make to stay awake that much time.