Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

mini-monster truck class

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 09:29 PM
fga
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mini-monster truck class

A local track has just added a mini-monster truck class to its weekly racing classes. I have an RC18T that i will be running, but was interested in trying the monster as well.

Most likely gonna go with a 18MT, because i might be able to switch parts back and forth if needed. but I was looking at the mini-quake also. Any opinion on a better racer?
small track, 25' x 55', soft pack dirt, 4'- 5' wide lanes.

I'm really not looking to go too nuts, because i believe pratice and better driving will usually win anyway...

any advice on buying one of these, and the first race prep for it? thanks

also, the first race prep for the rc18T... i have never raced organized before.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:55 PM
clockwork1

Default RE: mini-monster truck class

Um do you think they would allow my lifted mini t? Im not from there, i was just curious if they would count it as a mini monster truck.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:54 AM
Seek and Destroy

If you have an rc18t, just keep it and use it. Rc18mt is almost Identical.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:57 PM
fga

ORIGINAL: rc18t145

If you have an rc18t, just keep it and use it. Rc18mt is almost Identical.
what's the difference, the wheels/body?

Are graphite parts worth the money for racing?
Old 01-08-2007, 11:01 PM
clockwork1

i dont think they make graphite parts. Unless you mean the aftermarket "gpm, 3racing ect." chassis, shocktowers and drive shaft. People always get confused and think the mt is way better. the only difference between the 18t and 18mt is the mt has a different body, wheels/tires, a flag, and a 1 tooth lower difference in the pinion gear.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:47 PM
fga

ORIGINAL: clockwork1

i dont think they make graphite parts. Unless you mean the aftermarket "gpm, 3racing ect." chassis, shocktowers and drive shaft. People always get confused and think the mt is way better. the only difference between the 18t and 18mt is the mt has a different body, wheels/tires, a flag, and a 1 tooth lower difference in the pinion gear.
i was looking at the mini quake parts if i go that route. They have a complete line of graphite parts. chassis to battery strap.
are the graphite parts worth it? do you think they make a difference in racing.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:05 AM
-Inverted-

If I was racing a mini-MT I would have no trouble deciding to go with a Team XRAY M18MT myself.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:20 AM
fga

ORIGINAL: -Inverted-

If I was racing a mini-MT I would have no trouble deciding to go with a Team XRAY M18MT myself.
honestly, I'm not too familiar with alot of brands of mini's just the usual guys..lol
after your post, i went to their site and it looks like a nice truck. But there is something to be said aout the ability to order from tower at 3 a.m. i just love the convience.

I actually bought a Mini-quake a few minutes ago. I went with the RTR beacuse I'm probably going to change it all to graphite anyway... but for now i'll have a complete radio system, and a starting point.
Not to mention, for the RTR, they offer the easy pay... $49 a month. I feel alittle less guilty now. I just bought alot of items these last few weeks Tower order every 3 days.

And if they get a mini buggy class... look out. some dude with a Vendetta is winning alot of races. (also, $49 a month).. i better shut my computer off before i buy it...
Old 01-09-2007, 12:25 AM
-Inverted-

But there is something to be said aout the ability to order from tower at 3 a.m. i just love the convience.
It is a very nice truck. Parts support is their only weakness. Team Helotes is a great place to get XRAY items from. i'm going to check my hobby shop if they carry XRAY because I know I have seen HUDY tools in there.

You will like your mini-quake, It is a solid truck. I had a vew quirks about it (mainly the securing of the wheels and the use of e-clips when an easier method could have been supplied.) It's a great truck none the less though. [8D]
Old 01-10-2007, 12:19 AM
fga

Inverted,
what are the quirks to look for so i know. and how did you work them? I'm not looking to go brushless or anything like that. Just make it light and handle good, and get the best performance from a regular brushed motor. I'm not reall into these mini's for super speeds, i have alot of nitros that get that out of my system. these are good beacuse the mini's actuall have a chance to race organized. nothing like that here for the nitros... yet.

Oh yeah, spoke to the hobby shop today. They are adding a micro-t class just another thing i'll have to buy this week[&:]
Old 01-10-2007, 01:11 AM
-Inverted-

I think they could have made it easier to access the parts. Instead of screws securing wheels use hex nut's, and I felt like they could have used something other then e-clips to hold alot of the parts in. Maybe it's just me but I hate E-clips, they get lost easily and are a pain to get off.