Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

new mlst and am a newb (to electric)

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 03:40 PM
tmaxx-drifter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new mlst and am a newb (to electric)

so i just got a brand new team losi mini lst the other day and i allready fried the rear ring and pinion (going to lhs tomarrow to get new)
but i was looking on atomicmods.com and they have an insane 370 motor upgrade and i was wondering if anybody has used them and if there is a noticable upgrade in preformance of if i should put the money in to a good li-po pack and charger
and again i am an electric newbie

thanks for all helpful information
Old 01-14-2007, 04:02 PM
Racing T

Default RE: new mlst and am a newb (to electric)

the first thing you should get is a nice charger, so you dont have to wait 6 hours for the pack to charge, them some metal diffs ir youre already toasting gears, you should check your slipper, set it the losser you can, without excesive slipping, you shouldt have problems with stock power and stock diffs.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:24 PM
slowcobra

Buy A Lipo Batt with a decent charger, Buy a Mamaba brushless Esc and a Wraith Motor from www.b-p-p.com , also buy the Vicious pinion gears as well. all of that should help with your buildup and also dont forget your deans.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:42 PM
Racing T

theres really dont need to go brushless rigth now, if youre new to the hobby learn more about your truck before making any up-grades, also theres no need for a li-po right now only if in the feature he wants to, when I first had my brushless sytem for the mini lst I ran for about 2 months with regular ni-mh just fine . Also the mamba esc isnt a good choise for the wraith motor because it can pull more than 25amps, the best choise IMO for the wraith is the Quark 33 pro car, and you have a good point on the deans, get them asap.