Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

540 motor in an rc18/pro-pulse?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 04:06 PM
ridgewalker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 540 motor in an rc18/pro-pulse?

Has anyone done this?I was thinking of putting a 540 motor in my pro-pulse.I know i could just go brushless but this is more fun.So any body got any pic's?i know there are vid's but im on a 56k so vid's are no good for me Post up your 1/18 scale with a big motor mod.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:18 AM
mikemcnair

Default RE: 540 motor in an rc18/pro-pulse?

you are better off just getting a mamba and a lipo. i have the 8000kv in my propulse, and it is rediculous. also, there is a propulse specific thread you may want to post this in...

:thumbup:

edit for link..... http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4947786/tm.htm
Old 06-21-2007, 01:47 PM
ridgewalker

This is not directed to only propulse did you read the title "540 motor in an rc18/propulse"did you even understand what you read?I"i know i could just go brushless but this is more fun"I enjoy doing something a bit different like putting a 540 in a 1/18 scale buggy/truck.Didn't you ever customize something to suit your taste?Fabricating is fun and doing what others say is impossible is even better!SO has anyone put a 540 motor in a 1/18-----rc18,----propulse,---or any other simular vehicle that was intended to have a smaller motor?Or will i be the first?
Old 06-21-2007, 01:55 PM
mikemcnair

ORIGINAL: ridgewalker

I was thinking of putting a 540 motor in my pro-pulse.

ORIGINAL: ridgewalker
did you read the title "540 motor in an rc18/propulse"did you even understand what you read?

you sir, are totally out of line. thank you for trying to insult my intelligence. all you have done is make yourself look like an ass when someone was trying to point you in a (potentially more helpful) direction.

:thumbdown:

i will be sure to not assist you in your experiment.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:46 PM
Mdubz

*sigh* If mike won't help you, I will. Here's a link that should help out.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:40 PM
ridgewalker

Thank you Mdubz for some help.
Mikemcnair-I did not try to insult your intelligence but i did write rc18/propulse to me that mean's one or the other,i see how you got confused.My rc18mt is something i don't want to hack up so the pro-pulse is next in line.It's to bad you don't want to assist in my experiment i'm sure we could learn something from each other.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:21 PM
mikemcnair

you said pro pulse in your post. i read it more than once. i read your quote as to which car you were looking to modify, and quoted it.

if you have the ability to suggest that i did not read you clearily, that is only because you were not clear(or where clear in a different direction than you meant.)

i appologize for my previous statement, you are indeed correct: we have things to learn from eachother. however, i must admit; i am a little turned off by your approach to my effort to assist you in experimenting.

allow us to get past this, as i will, and you and i shall be the super power in this forum. agreed?

now, back on topic:

you will need a dremmel (which i assume you have) and that's about it. you will need to dremmel the chassis to accept such a barrel the 1/10th scale motors possess.

then, the motor mount will also need to be alterred to accept the motor-mounting screws. also, the base of the motor shaft will not fit in the PP mount, which is a super easy dremmel-ing away.

then, well, nothing. it will easily be a success.

honestly, it will be SO MUCH easier than you think due to the PP motor mount. if this were an RC 18T(etc) it would be a lot harder.

:thumbup: