Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

New mini baja shocks

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 12:25 AM
JC_Dirtdog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New mini baja shocks

Hello.

I have just installed a set of GPM aluminum shocks on my mini Baja. I am using medium springs front and rear and 20wt trinity silicone shock oil. IT IS AMAZING!!! the difference in handling is unreal. the car is a lot more stable in corners and can jump 3x higher without bottoming out. Plus, I no longer have to worry about the leaky stock shocks. I also think it looks SWEET!!! Check out my gallery for more pics. lemmie know what you think.

Jack
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98243.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	343.4 KB
ID:	708614  
Old 06-22-2007, 02:34 AM
Gex_61

Default RE: New mini baja shocks

Did you have to sand the bottom pieces to get them to fit right? I did.
The bottom pieces are also weak so you should get some extras incase they break. Mine did.

Other than that they are great shocks, more importantly cheap. Anything is better than stock.
Old 06-22-2007, 02:35 AM
Gex_61

-----
Old 06-22-2007, 10:02 AM
JC_Dirtdog

ORIGINAL: Gex_61

Did you have to sand the bottom pieces to get them to fit right? I did.
The bottom pieces are also weak so you should get some extras incase they break. Mine did.

Other than that they are great shocks, more importantly cheap. Anything is better than stock.

No I didn't have to sand the arms. the shocks fit a little tight, but went right on. I love them. they work great. And you are right, anything is better than stock. I have not broken an arm yet, I have snapped a few turnbuckle ends, but thats about it. I slammed it head on at full speed into the tire on my real car one day and all it did was pop the left front lower turnbuckle cup off the ball, i just popped it back on and it was fine.