Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Mini t motor lifespan?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 10:22 PM
j_blaze

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mini t motor lifespan?

Ok, my daughter and I ran the mini t about a month now, here and there, lots of fun. We were on the driveway today watching fireworks and running the car on the mini ramp when it just stopped, I thought it was a loose wire to the battery, happened before, except the steering still worked. I took apart the motor and nothing seems out of place. Is this a normal lifespan for the stock motor, about 1 set of tires? I run it on 8.4 volts on a battery pack I made out of nimh AA's. When I hooked up a bigger motor it turned, so I know its not the esc. Time for a new motor or is there something I should be looking for?
Old 07-04-2007, 10:27 PM
Frozen72

Default RE: Mini t motor lifespan?

1 month sounds good since your putting in more than average power. I would go to a better motor like the Orion Baja.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:27 PM
maxxdout

Touch the + and - wires to your motor and see if it turns. Since you already said abigger motor works, i would think that your mototr is fried. Lifespands change through motors and how they are used. If you were hard on it, expect a shorter life. If you went easy, expect a longer life....
Old 07-05-2007, 06:24 AM
j_blaze

what is burned up? can it be fixed? are there better more voltage motors out there that can take the 8.4v? I don't want to spend a lot on a brushless and esc though. Its mainly something for my daughter to do when we are at the track and she wants to drive MY cars, this is HER car. Thanks.