Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

conversion

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 01:26 PM
hover Tim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default conversion

I am going to try and use a 1/16 rc car and a dicast model again1/16 and try to marry them up could this be done or is it maddness
Old 07-08-2007, 01:33 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: conversion

Why would you want to do that?
Old 07-08-2007, 01:48 PM
Mr. Mugen

Now why ask why? Who cares why....he wants to and thats enough of a reason to get help.

Hey Tim, It can be done and has been done. I believe it would be quite easy too. I like the realism of the die cast bodies a lot more than painted lexan. Are you planning on using only the body of a die cast or the chassis as well? I made a die cast into r/c when I was about 12 yrs old. It was a long process but I had nothing but time so I went ahead. I widh I still had it to show you. I remember using an old nikko axle w/motor and a futaba mc112b esc and a standard servo. Man I wish I remembered the rest. Well I just started to think about it so maybe in a day or so I will recall more. A friend did the same and we helped each other out. Unfortunatley he is no longer alive so asking him is out of the question. I will try to see if maybe my mom has it stored in the attic somewhere.....who knows......ya know how mom's are. Kevin
Old 07-08-2007, 01:53 PM
t9dragon

Because I felt like asking the question.
Old 07-08-2007, 02:56 PM
Mr. Mugen

I kind of expected you to say something like that. Part of the problem or part of the solution. Hmmmmm....you decide. If your not willing to help then don't post. Cockiness gets you nowhere. I can tell by your wording you were trying to make him look stupid....not cool.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:55 AM
mirage-twin

I did it a long time ago too with a 1/18 scale diecast, it's a fun idea and makes for a cool scale rc, just give it a shot and let us know how well you do with it.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:10 AM
andrewtexas123

Do a little reading on rc cars and custom builds. Carry out diffrent serches and build up your knowlage that will help alot in the long run.

Andrew
Old 07-09-2007, 10:29 AM
t9dragon

ORIGINAL: Mr. Mugen

I kind of expected you to say something like that. Part of the problem or part of the solution. Hmmmmm....you decide. If your not willing to help then don't post. Cockiness gets you nowhere. I can tell by your wording you were trying to make him look stupid....not cool.
I wasn't being cocky & I wasn't trying to make anyone look stupid.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:07 PM
Needrcspeed

Now why ask why? Who cares why....he wants to and thats enough of a reason to get help.
He posted the original question asking if it could be done because he wanted to know. Dragon asked "why" for the same reason - he wanted to know. Asking why can be helpful in offering some constructive ideas to help him successfully complete such a project. There is nothing wrong with asking why Mr. Mugen...

Old 07-09-2007, 02:09 PM
hover Tim

heres why i will be making a 1/16 model hovercraft see picture i would like to drive the landrover on and off but i dont realy know a good site to get a land rover model from any ideas
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo39570.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	719093  
Old 07-09-2007, 03:58 PM
mirage-twin

ORIGINAL: Needrcspeed

He posted the original question asking if it could be done because he wanted to know. Dragon asked "why" for the same reason - he wanted to know. Asking why can be helpful in offering some constructive ideas to help him successfully complete such a project. There is nothing wrong with asking why Mr. Mugen...

Asking "why" someone wants to do something has nothing to do with anything, asking "why" just hints that it is a stupid idea and it is not a necessary question and is not going to be constructive at all. If he wants to make an 16th scale rc he doesnt need to explain why he wants to do it, he would like to hear some input from people who may have tried it before and can give proper advice.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:48 PM
t9dragon

ORIGINAL: mirage-twin

ORIGINAL: Needrcspeed

Asking "why" someone wants to do something has nothing to do with anything, asking "why" just hints that it is a stupid idea and it is not a necessary question and is not going to be constructive at all. If he wants to make an 16th scale rc he doesnt need to explain why he wants to do it, he would like to hear some input from people who may have tried it before and can give proper advice.

Maybe you should read the whole thread. He answered my question.

I think trying to make a 1/18 scale hover craft is a neat idea.

My original post was never meant to bash his idea.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:49 PM
hands without shadows

ORIGINAL: hover Tim

heres why i will be making a 1/16 model hovercraft see picture i would like to drive the landrover on and off but i dont realy know a good site to get a land rover model from any ideas
Have you been planning this for awhile? I remember reading something about someone wanting a scale landrover RC to use with their hovercraft awhile ago.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:26 PM
heli
My Feedback: (2)

hands without shadows.... i recall seeing a thread like that too some time ago. Is this the same guy? I thought it was a neat idea. I guess he is still working on it.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:39 PM
Mr. Mugen

Sorry guy. I'm the moron here.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:27 PM
Gex_61

If I read all of this right, you want to make a 1/16 landrover to use with your hovercraft you are also making.

Yes, I'm sure it can be done. There are many ways you can do it but you will have to do a lot of custom work either way to make everything fit right and look scale. We can't help you to much since it's such a unique project.

It sounds like you're still on square one. First step is to get the dicast model with the demensions to fit your hovercraft. You need to get on Google or Yahoo and start searching.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:35 AM
hover Tim

yes i am, i tried to find an RC Land rover but found nothing suitable so this is the next step
Old 07-11-2007, 12:54 PM
hover Tim

it seem that a 1/16 landrover does not exist planty at 1/18 anyone know a good site to get dicast from