Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Micro-baja & Mini lst2?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 05:25 PM
pythonfan
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Micro-baja & Mini lst2?

Hey guys I'm getting ready to buy the micro-baja, and since it comes with lipo, i have a few question i was hoping you could help with.

1. does the stock esc have a low voltage cut off? or do you have to watch it?
2. how long does it normally take to charge the lipo pack?
3. i have seen a lot of people have an issue with the rang on the micro-t, has anyone had the same with the micro-baja?
4. is there any real parts i should get right off the bat?
5. i was also wondering, about the mini lst2? what are the most common parts that go wrong? so i can buy them right away before i have to wait?
6. and is the mlst2 good in small park grass, i have a park with several soccer fields, that has really short grass, Not like the stuff u would have on your front lawn.
7. what would be a good upgrade battery pack for the mlst2? something that will give good runtimes?
8. and can the stock mlst2 wheelie?

Thanks guys.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:30 PM
Mz

Default RE: Micro-baja & Mini lst2?

1. no
2. about an hour
3. to make the range better make your own antenna
4. bearings, new antenna

don't know much about the mlst2 since i don't own one.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:33 PM
pythonfan

ORIGINAL: Mz

3. to make the range better make your own antenna
add longer wire? or?????

wat are runtimes like with the lipo?
Old 07-09-2007, 05:47 PM
Mz

heres how to make the antenna mod:
http://www.microtforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30

im guessing the lipo runtime is maybe 30-45 minutes depending on gearing and how you drive.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:31 PM
JC_Dirtdog

Hey, The micro Baja DOES NOT have lipo. It's just an NiMh pack and battery operated charger just like the micro T. I have two of them, and they both are the same as the micro T except that the turnbuckles are clear and a little bit thicker.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx69957.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	719244   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy78036.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	719245   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hm23807.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	719246  
Old 07-09-2007, 06:42 PM
pythonfan

ORIGINAL: JC_Dirtdog

Hey, The micro Baja DOES NOT have lipo. It's just an NiMh pack and battery operated charger just like the micro T. I have two of them, and they both are the same as the micro T except that the turnbuckles are clear and a little bit thicker.

if it does not have lipo, y is losi selling them with lipo? and on ebay, they have lipo?
Old 07-09-2007, 06:51 PM
JC_Dirtdog

ORIGINAL: pythonfan

ORIGINAL: JC_Dirtdog

if it does not have lipo, y is losi selling them with lipo? and on ebay, they have lipo?

Losi isn't selling them with lipo. Here's the link to the micro Baja on losi's website:

http://www.teamlosi.com/Products/Def...rodID=LOSB0232

in the description, it says it includes a powerful NiMh battery pack. Losi does make a Lipo upgrade kit for it that comes with the battery and the lipo charger, so the ones on ebay may just include the upgrade. I am not trying to flame you or anything, I just wanted to let you know this.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:57 PM
pythonfan

nvm, i thought it did, it was just a deal i found, but killer has it much cheaper!
Old 07-09-2007, 08:00 PM
nitro _ burner

Ok for the MLST2 Q's: the only thing ive had go wrong with my MLST2 is both steering servos went at the same time[&:] but they replaced both
Its ok in grass but is best on dirt, grass will cut back runtime and speed. Unless you have a BL lying around
The best battery packs are lipos otherwise the 6 or 7 cell pack are the best Ni-Mh http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_...20POST,%20MISC http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_...20POST,%20MISC
And no it cant wheelie because it has 3 diffs, including 1 in the centere. you can always just lock the centere diff though.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:48 AM
lookyj

the MLST2 is a great backyard basher!

definately want to run with lipos. I was runing with stock electronics and a 7.4v 1250mAh lipo for a few weeks I only had a couple repairs less then $15.

I just installed BL motor and mamba 25, now I'm running 11.1v lipos.

Old 07-10-2007, 03:57 PM
Dokioto

ORIGINAL: nitro _ burner

Ok for the MLST2 Q's: the only thing ive had go wrong with my MLST2 is both steering servos went at the same time[&:] but they replaced both
Its ok in grass but is best on dirt, grass will cut back runtime and speed. Unless you have a BL lying around
The best battery packs are lipos otherwise the 6 or 7 cell pack are the best Ni-Mh http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_...20POST,%20MISC http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_...20POST,%20MISC
And no it cant wheelie because it has 3 diffs, including 1 in the centere. you can always just lock the centere diff though.
Six or seven cells are the best? What about eight or more (if you can fit any more lol)? The only reason lipos (lets say we are talking about a 3 cell) are "better" is because they have a lot More voltage, then a 6 or 7 cell Ni-Mh pack.

The only really problems you should encounter with the Mini LST2 are the stock servos (replace with JR 241) and the stock connectors (replace with Deans). It is a great basher (like everyone has said) and with a few mods/upgrades could be a racer.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:56 PM
nitro _ burner

ORIGINAL: Dokioto

Six or seven cells are the best? What about eight or more (if you can fit any more lol)? The only reason lipos (lets say we are talking about a 3 cell) are "better" is because they have a lot More voltage, then a 6 or 7 cell Ni-Mh pack.

The only really problems you should encounter with the Mini LST2 are the stock servos (replace with JR 241) and the stock connectors (replace with Deans). It is a great basher (like everyone has said) and with a few mods/upgrades could be a racer.
Uhh qusetion. Do you even own a MLST??? if so you would know there is limited battery space, a 6 cell will just fit and a 7 cell is a real squeeze (ulness you mod the chassis somhow)
and i meant without going lipo, nimh are the best. Read through the post again
Old 07-10-2007, 09:36 PM
Dokioto

ORIGINAL: Dokioto

Uhh qusetion. Do you even own a MLST??? if so you would know there is limited battery space, a 6 cell will just fit and a 7 cell is a real squeeze (ulness you mod the chassis somhow)
and i meant without going lipo, nimh are the best. Read through the post again
LOL. I own a MLST. Sure there is limited space that is why I said, "if you can fit anymore". I have seen eight cells on a MLST before, they fit just fine under the chassis (with the use of a zip tie). I wouldn't really say that lipos are the "best". I read your post just fine.