Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Brttery charging question

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 10:59 PM
Wild YFZ 450

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brttery charging question

I Just Ordered a Battery..([link=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=019&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=290129353056&rd=1&rd=1]link[/link]) Is it ok to charger through the "to ESC" or do I have to charger it in "to charger" and if so that means I should balance charger it Every time.. Because I don't think i should make a linkage for deans to balance connector to charge it throught there.. So wondering if I can charge through "to esc" or have to use "to charge" and if so should i always Balance charged it..Hopefully I could just use my regular lipo charger so it doesn't take forever to charger one of my batterys.. thanks is advance Edit- Also how would i go about making a connector from a 3 wire balance and a 2 wire dean plug to charge throught the "to charger" jack
Old 07-12-2007, 08:09 PM
Wild YFZ 450

Default RE: Brttery charging question

anybody?
Old 07-12-2007, 10:58 PM
cjg

We can't answer without knowing what type of charger you are using. Some are balance chargers that can only be hooked up to the 3 wire connection to charge/balance at the same time. Other chargers hook to the dean's plug to charge without balancing. Making an "adaptor" won't help if you dont' have the right charger.

One important question - do you have a lipo compatible charger? If not don't attempt any charging - you could very well burn your house down!

Also, no matter what charger you use, a lipo should never be charged at more than one "C" meaning it will take an hour for a fully discharged battery to charge. That is a 2.1 amp battery, never charge it at more than 2.1 amps.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:51 PM
Wild YFZ 450

yes i kno about that and i yes i have a lipo charger i have a celectra and a team orions advantage...also i have the venom ballancer 2-3 cell